Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone! It's been really rainy and dreary here the last 4 days. It's so depressing. The good news is that I'm down a pound from yesterday and a pound the day before that! I have to admit the daily weighing really keeps me going. I love to hop on in the morning look straight ahead then hope for a lower number than yesterday! I know this is a slippery slope
I was upset yesterday as I replied to a question someone put on the forum for all to answer and I felt like I was told off by a senior member who wasn't the poster. Really, this is an open chat forum?!?! It got me really down. Then I look at this senior members progress and it's not very good at all and has been on IP for awhile. Anyhow, I just needed to vent. It made me not want to look at the boards or even participate in the chats.
Well I'm back and I just think that member is a crabby ole *****. This is MY OPINION ONLY.
Congratulations to all the great victories and NSV!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I think a lot of the noises are probably gas, caused by the increase of vegetables in your diet. A friend of mine who started IP before I did warned me of this, but I haven't really had a problem with it. I don't know what anti-gas products are IP safe, but you may want to check into some of those, especially if there is discomfort.
I was thinking that myself but I've always eaten plenty of vegetables, perhaps the ones I'm restricted too aren't agreeing with me. I'll just keep the radio louder
Old 10-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #18  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good day all!!!!! Tried 2 new packets last night at once hehe and boy i liked them.
Made the raspberry jello last night and separated it into 2 servings, made a lemon pudding and separated that. Once the jello jelloifed I put the pudding on top and then topped that off with a couple tablespoons of stewed rhubarb, so yummy!!!!!!! Next time trying this with banana pudding!!!!
Oh and down another pound since yesterday, come on 135 (I'm not changing the ticket till next week)
Old 10-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

The past couple of days, I made celery roots fries, and oh my God! Why didn't I learn about them before? They are much more than yummy, so delicious, I can dare to say that I even liked them better than the real potato fries!

What is celery root?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Good day all!!!!! Tried 2 new packets last night at once hehe and boy i liked them.
Made the raspberry jello last night and separated it into 2 servings, made a lemon pudding and separated that. Once the jello jelloifed I put the pudding on top and then topped that off with a couple tablespoons of stewed rhubarb, so yummy!!!!!!! Next time trying this with banana pudding!!!!
Oh and down another pound since yesterday, come on 135 (I'm not changing the ticket till next week)
Sounds yummy! I tried the vanilla pudding and put a dollop of WF raspberry spread in it yummy. I'm going to get some jello at this weeks WI and try the 2 packets thing. Would make a nice dessert for Thanksgiving this weekend. Conrats on the pound! I know it's not real till WI that's when I change my ticker too. The scale sure gives you motivation.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #21  
cinammon

S/C/G: 202.8/187.6/145

Height: 5' 1"

Smile

Yesterday was weigh-in. Lost 2.2lbs. I really expected the scales to be more, so I was a little disappointed. However, it is 2.2lbs less than what I was last week.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 221.2/211.8/150

Height: 5'3"

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight
Good morning everyone,

The past couple of days, I made celery roots fries, and oh my God! Why didn't I learn about them before? They are much more than yummy, so delicious, I can dare to say that I even liked them better than the real potato fries!

May I ask - how are you making these? They sound very interesting!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #23  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
What is celery root?

Hello,

It is also called celeriac, it is the root of the celery.

I attached a picture for you.

You can find it in the grocery section sometimes, I guess depending on the season or the store, I don't always find them everywhere, but I hope I will as I found them amazing, I am going to try to make them into chips next time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg celery_root2.jpg (62.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #24  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs down on a teeter totter from h*ll

So WI # 33 last night... gained again, my coach even called the head of the clinic in last night as she can't figure this out. So the next 4 days no Kohlrabi, (too many carbs) really watching my milk and splenda intake weigh in again on Friday as Monday is a holiday and closed. Head coach thinks something is kicking me out of ketosis during the weeks I gain, so going to buy ketosis sticks tonight and also record that info to see about it. I know I will eventually lose the gains but it has been such a up and down battle. Head coach is even saying I should lower my goal as we know I will gain back in phase 3 at least 5 as that has been my pattern. So for all you that are struggling I think I have been OP but what exactly does that mean? If I have too much veggies (because after a while you don't truly measure everything) I had pickles is that against being OP? oh and ONIONS MAKE sure you eat them raw, no grilling no frying no roasting, they carmelize by being cooked.. so that could have thrown me out. what if I go over my meat, oh and another thing... those 0/0/0 products you still have to be careful as they are not truly 0/0/0 so they add up as well. This starts my 9th month on IP, I still love the food but I want to be at my goal and I am pouting big time. So we will see, I will probably be down a little on friday and then the next week will be the teller... It could just be the last 10 lb issue where you have to struggle for them. I just want to be some where else. I am one of the last that started in Feb still here and it is a little depressing... I know I had more to lose than others but it is still depressing... Just a little mind game..

Okay enough of my pity party....

Welcome Newbies, congrats to everyone with their Scale victories and Non Scale victories... count your blessings.
Mine - my old dog Jewel, is still hanging in here, she is eating hamburger and rice (looks better than my food sometimes) She still wants to be with me.
My Red Dog - keeps me moving and has such a personality makes me laugh most days.
My two cats - Tat and Bo they are meowy and only come visit when they want food but they are always around.
My Friends & Family - online and off who share their thoughts and lives with me.
Thank you all.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello,

It is also called celeriac, it is the root of the celery.

I attached a picture for you.

You can find it in the grocery section sometimes, I guess depending on the season or the store, I don't always find them everywhere, but I hope I will as I found them amazing, I am going to try to make them into chips next time.
I have to say I have never seen them before - wonder if they are even sold in Northern Alberta - anyone know???
Old 10-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #26  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bripp View Post
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight
Good morning everyone,

May I ask - how are you making these? They sound very interesting!
I peel them, cut them into fries (exactly like potato fries), I dilute some seasalt with some water (no measuring but I guess about a tsp of seasalt and a 1/4 cup water), once all the salt diluted I put the fries in and mix them all together, I drain the water and add 1 tsp of olive oil and again mix them all togeher, I put them on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven. You can put any sort of spice you like on them, the night before, I used garlic salt, and some BBQ spices (while mixing with the oil).

Try them, I am sure you'd like them.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #27  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I have to say I have never seen them before - wonder if they are even sold in Northern Alberta - anyone know???
I have found them in Edmonton, I think at Superstore, you can also boil it puree it and use it as a thickener for soups and stews. I haven't been able to find real good ones. the ones I got were kind of soft so weren't the best for fries... will continue searching.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinammon View Post
Yesterday was weigh-in. Lost 2.2lbs. I really expected the scales to be more, so I was a little disappointed. However, it is 2.2lbs less than what I was last week.
That's right! Congratulations, you never have to carry that weight again
Old 10-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #29  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Where in Northern Alberta are you?
Old 10-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #30  

Height: 5'6"

Morning all!
Today is official WI...not sure how that will go. I feel like I'm retaining water but I'm not 100% sure because I have quit weighing myself daily but I feel like my legs are puffy. I'm going to try the lemon juice and water here shortly, hopefully it's enough time to ditch some extra water if there is any there as WI isn't until 4. Today is also to be my last day on Phase 1, was kinda hopin for an awesome WI but I'll take what I get. I'm not sure if it's because I'm quite rural or what but I am having a heck of a time getting really good veggies atm. Healthy looking lettuce is almost non-existent so I really have to watch what I'm doing and not buy too much as it goes bad really fast. Anyways better start my day, have a great OP day!!
Closed Thread