Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #76  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I found out shocking news today when I was shopping. I haven't bought a bra in a LONG time last one I bought was a 54DD, so when I went to Catherine's today they were having a 40%off of everything sale. I figured I would look around so why not look at the bra's, straight to the sale rack I went. There are NEVER any my size so they had a 48DD, tried it on to big. Went back got at 48D STILL to big, finally the sales girl came up to me and said do you need help? I told her I really don't know my size and said she let me measure you so I said OK. She measured me 46D is what she said. SO we went to the rack and I told her the D will be too big I can put my fist in there, she said just try it on, so I did. Just like I said TOO big. I am now a 46C!!!!....I do not ever remember being a C even in high school....lol....I did not get one because I didn't like the way it felt but now I know what size I am!
That's awesome... I'm right there with you.. mine is wayyyyy to big right now... I just figure its a good place to carry my phone these days!!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #77  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good for you! I am taking a "padded" lunchbox to a wedding next weekend as I don't know what they are serving. This is so doable if we plan ahead!

Today is World CArdmaking DAy so I am going to be in my craft room stamping and cutting paper and having fun. I gotta keep those fingers busy! I am sending a VIRTUAL card to each of my IP friends on here to KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! lol
Love crafting! Wish I had more time for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
NSV..So my wedding ring falls off my finger onto the floor at work. I decided that this was indeed a sign for me to get rid of my silver cheaper ring (purchased because I gained weight) and to look for my old gold ring. The gold ring fit for the first time in 10 years. It is special because my husband and I bought new wedding rings in Italy because we could not afford gold ones when we got married.

My son is coming today from Seattle for a visit. I am going to let him make his favorite fish tacos!
What a great NSV! Hope you are able to find the old one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Congrats on the wedding ring Maile! I am able to finally wear mine again too and my husband is glad since now men are actually checking me out!

I have a rant this morning. I am one of those cooks that doesn't use recipes. I just add a little of this and a little of that and *taste*. Well, of course since this diet started, tasting is out except for my own food which is so simple it doesn't require tasting. Just made jam this morning and have no idea if it's sweet enough but I know I put enough sugar in that one lick would send me right out of ketosis.
I hate this too. My husband gets sick of me saying, "Will you come taste this and see if it needs anything?" He started saying, "I'm sure it's fine." I guess I will never know and if it's bad, at least I won't have to eat it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning, brrrr it sure is cold today...i had the a/c on until 2 days ago and now its 10c outside.

Had WI#9 this morning, down 2.2. I actually am satisfied with that as i'm on day 2 of TOM and feel crampy and bloated.

Have a great week-end OP everyone!
Woohoo! 2.2 is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom9799 View Post
I'm having a rough couple of days!!! The county fair has been in town all week and finally ends tonight!!! Thank goodness!! I've only been up there twice so far and I've only had steak tips with mushrooms. I consider that a victory since our fair is packed with all the typical fair food. The one thing our fair is known for though is glorious fresh donuts covered in sugar the minute they come out of the fryer. People buy them by the bags full and line up all the way around the block and wait sometimes 1-2 hours to get theirs!! I haven't had any but I admit to being ticked off about it this week!!!!! Last night I left the fair in a very bad mood because I really would have liked to have had just one donut or one elephant ear or ice cream or something!!! I was very resentful over it! Today after the parade I had to take my family to get subway before a huge marching band competition and sat and watched them eat it while I sit here eating my veggies. Who knew a sandwhich could seem so evil??

I should consider all this a NSV I suppose but I just feel so resentful about watching all the people eat this week that I'm having a hard time seeing it. I wish I could say "it didn't even bother me, I didn't even want any of that junk food!" but that would be a lie. I wanted it and I'm mad I couldn't have it!! I'm doing this for a reason though and I'm not going to let this one week keep me from my goal of hitting my goal by November 11.

Sorry this is so long. I really needed to vent. Now I feel like I can let it go and eat my veggies and drink my shake and be satisfied
The smell of Subway alone gets to me. I always get a salad and try to pretend I don't miss the bread. I do have to be honest and say that is the ONLY time I miss bread so I try to stay away. Good job keeping away from all of the fair food. That can be a nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Ok, I have just a second to check in...I had my WI this morning and was hoping for two pounds. I have down 5 pounds and I am officially out of the 200s. HOLY COW! I was so happy and surprised at the same time. This was such a mental block for me and is making me feel like I can conquer the world tonight.

For this huge victory I made an appt to get my hair blown out for a party we are going to tonight. This is the ultimate indulgence and I earned it!
That's amazing! 5 pounds and onderland...great week!

Quote:
I found out shocking news today when I was shopping. I haven't bought a bra in a LONG time last one I bought was a 54DD, so when I went to Catherine's today they were having a 40%off of everything sale. I figured I would look around so why not look at the bra's, straight to the sale rack I went. There are NEVER any my size so they had a 48DD, tried it on to big. Went back got at 48D STILL to big, finally the sales girl came up to me and said do you need help? I told her I really don't know my size and said she let me measure you so I said OK. She measured me 46D is what she said. SO we went to the rack and I told her the D will be too big I can put my fist in there, she said just try it on, so I did. Just like I said TOO big. I am now a 46C!!!!....I do not ever remember being a C even in high school....lol....I did not get one because I didn't like the way it felt but now I know what size I am!
That is the one place I hoped not to lose. I'll be in an A cup by the time it's said and done I'm afraid.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
That's awesome... I'm right there with you.. mine is wayyyyy to big right now... I just figure its a good place to carry my phone these days!!
My niece carried hers there too!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #79  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by odirish View Post
Today is going to be my very first weigh in. I'm excited. I really struggled last night. Had people over for the football game and DH had made pizza, sausages, dip beer etc. I was in a panic, so I ended up watching a movie. I did
post here, but no one answered. I think we need a panic button thread.
Good luck on your WI! My kids made brownies and choc chip cookies yesterday and it was a real struggle to smell that but I managed to tough it out by thinking about how rewarding this will all be and I hope you did too. Let us all know how your WI goes today!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #80  

Quote:
Today is going to be my very first weigh in. I'm excited. I really struggled last night. Had people over for the football game and DH had made pizza, sausages, dip beer etc. I was in a panic, so I ended up watching a movie. I did
I'm going to tell you it gets easier. I had to call my friend the first week op because work made me go get 16 pizzas and drive all the way back to work with them and the smell was killing me. I wasn't sure I'd make it but I did! I have had to go get the pizza 2 more times, last Wed included, and it didn't phase me at all. She tried telling me it'd get better and I wasn't sure how it could but it has for me and it will for you also. Don't sit back and watch life go by because of the food others are eating. Get in there and have fun just being with them and don't even think about the snacks or drinks you can't have.

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 10-02-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #81  
Started IP 8.02.11

So I have a ??? Reguarding some of the atkins products??? Do we count net carbs or whole carbs... I was at walmart and some of there stuff looked pretty yummy!!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #82  

Quote:

Oh I love the idea of a PANIC BUTTON! It sounds like you did great!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #83  
Started IP 8.02.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I'm going to tell you it gets easier. I had to call my friend the first week op because work made me go get 16 pizzas and drive all the way back to work with them and the smell was killing me. I wasn't sure I'd make it but I did! I have had to go get the pizza 2 more times, last Wed included, and it didn't phase me at all. She tried telling me it'd get better and I wasn't sure how it could but it has for me and it will for you also. Don't sit back and watch life go by because of the food others are eating. Get in there and have fun just being with them and don't even think about the snacks or drinks you can't have.
I agree 100%.. think of this as something you have committed to do... And that food is what got you to where you obviouslydid not want to be!! The hours of guilt it would have brought you are not worth it!!! We promise!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
That is a HUGE NSV, what are you talking about??? Being around all of that food and NOT having ONE bite is awesome. Maybe you have more control over your eating than you realize. You were having a pitty party for yourself. When that happens to me, I just talk to myself. One day I will be able to have just ONE of those but right now I have my eyes set on the goal of losing this weight and I won't let anything get between me and that goal.

My ex came to town and is staying here at the house instead of getting a hotel room to spend time with the boys. He brings this HUGE bowl of homemade banana pudding (one of my favs and he knows it) for the boys. HE was getting himself a bowl then looks at me and says "you have to try this," BOTH of my boys YELL at him and said "are you CRAZY, MOM hasn't touched ANYTHING she isn't suppose to have and you wanna throw her favorite in her face that is just MEAN". I said thanks guys but I got this, both of them looked at me and said mom we are very proud of you for losing all of this weight and we won't let anyone not even dad tempt you. My youngest said mom isn't it time for your snack? I said yup and he came in my room got one of my banana pudding packets and fixed it for me. What can I say my boys love me and take care of me
Quote:
I love your relationship with your boys! You are an amazing mom! and raised your boys right!!! Also, YAY for you and your Ta-tas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Stolaf, CONGRATS on ONEDERLAND!!

WUV, great to know your now SMALLER bra size. Hope you find one that is "JUst right"!!

I don't remember who it was who said if you are going to "cheat" on this diet you might as well stand in the shower and tear up a couple of twenty dollar bills, cause every time you cheat it sets you back that far. Anyway, since I ordered the Pure Protein bars I have had a few days where I ate TWO bars in one day! I KNOW that is not the thing to do, and now I can honestly say they are all gone and will not have them again. They are too addictive to me and mess up my mind along with the diet. I truly have not eaten anything else that is not on the protocol sheet so I am thankful for that. I just don't think I can handle bars, even the IP bars are too good and make me want more. OK, I got that off my chest.

Have a great day everyone. We are having some beautiful days here in Montana.
You are NOT alone. Those bars are dangerous, I ALWAYS want more. I don't let myself buy more than one a week.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #85  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Quote:
After I got past the initial panic, I actually made a pizza for the guys. I didn't touch any of it. talk about discipline
Old 10-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Happy Sunday! Hubby and I are going to see a comedy called The Male Intellect. Should be interesting. I was going through my closet to figure out what to wear and decided to try on some size 20 pants that I haven't been able to wear. They fit! Zipped up with no problem. Woo hoo!
Getting into a size smaller is one of the best motivations for me.
Have a great day!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!! Getting ready to head out to the farmers market here :-) We're just about out of raw honey and with all the cooking I do I really go through the stuff! I have my bar in my purse (it's FINALLY cool enough in FL that it won't melt) and veggies cut up so that if we're out later than expected I have a back up.
Im curious about this raw honey.... what is it? what do you use it for? etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
NSV..So my wedding ring falls off my finger onto the floor at work. I decided that this was indeed a sign for me to get rid of my silver cheaper ring (purchased because I gained weight) and to look for my old gold ring. The gold ring fit for the first time in 10 years. It is special because my husband and I bought new wedding rings in Italy because we could not afford gold ones when we got married.

My son is coming today from Seattle for a visit. I am going to let him make his favorite fish tacos!
Thats amazing!!! Congrats on the NSV!! Im having the opposite problem.. I just got engaged 3 months ago.. and thats maybe what sparked my weightloss, but now that Im almost 20 pounds lighter I can feel that its looser, and its making me a tad nervous :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom9799 View Post
I'm having a rough couple of days!!! The county fair has been in town all week and finally ends tonight!!! Thank goodness!! I've only been up there twice so far and I've only had steak tips with mushrooms. I consider that a victory since our fair is packed with all the typical fair food. The one thing our fair is known for though is glorious fresh donuts covered in sugar the minute they come out of the fryer. People buy them by the bags full and line up all the way around the block and wait sometimes 1-2 hours to get theirs!! I haven't had any but I admit to being ticked off about it this week!!!!! Last night I left the fair in a very bad mood because I really would have liked to have had just one donut or one elephant ear or ice cream or something!!! I was very resentful over it! Today after the parade I had to take my family to get subway before a huge marching band competition and sat and watched them eat it while I sit here eating my veggies. Who knew a sandwhich could seem so evil??

I should consider all this a NSV I suppose but I just feel so resentful about watching all the people eat this week that I'm having a hard time seeing it. I wish I could say "it didn't even bother me, I didn't even want any of that junk food!" but that would be a lie. I wanted it and I'm mad I couldn't have it!! I'm doing this for a reason though and I'm not going to let this one week keep me from my goal of hitting my goal by November 11.

Sorry this is so long. I really needed to vent. Now I feel like I can let it go and eat my veggies and drink my shake and be satisfied
Quote:
OH YEA!!...there is NO STOPPING this woman. I am on a ROLL!! I wanna be there for Christmas!
I have the same issues as you!! I can totally relate.. I just get outright angry.. hahaha.. of course I feel good about being about to resist temptation... bachlorette parties, delivering pizza.. etc... but Im still pissed. HAHAAH.

Quote:
My ex came to town and is staying here at the house instead of getting a hotel room to spend time with the boys. He brings this HUGE bowl of homemade banana pudding (one of my favs and he knows it) for the boys. HE was getting himself a bowl then looks at me and says "you have to try this," BOTH of my boys YELL at him and said "are you CRAZY, MOM hasn't touched ANYTHING she isn't suppose to have and you wanna throw her favorite in her face that is just MEAN". I said thanks guys but I got this, both of them looked at me and said mom we are very proud of you for losing all of this weight and we won't let anyone not even dad tempt you. My youngest said mom isn't it time for your snack? I said yup and he came in my room got one of my banana pudding packets and fixed it for me. What can I say my boys love me and take care of me
What a SWEEEET STORY!!!! Your boys are so sweet!! I lovedd that story! I even read it to my fiance!

Quote:
WOOO ADDA GIRL! Thats awesome news!!

Quote:

I had a super bummed out day Friday and I know there are a few on here that will understand. My friend who is doing IP was supposed to have her weigh in Thursday. She didn't call or text me like normal so I figured she may have had a bad week and didn't want to talk about it. Well, she called Friday afternoon to tell me she had so many little cheats all week she was just going to skip this week's weigh in so it didn't get her down. Then Friday her clinic had an opening so she went in anyway. She was down 3.2lbs. She went on to tell me how she couldn't believe it because she has had a cookie on a number of occasions and she drank all night Saturday night and even had 2 slices of pizza. WTF? I lost 0.2 and barely ate a thing and she's eating pizza and cookies and drinking beer? I'm happy for her, don't get me wrong, but it rubbed me wrong and I was upset. I actually had thoughts of cheating but I couldn't bring myself to do it. My husband even had a sitter lined up because he thought I needed a few drinks to get over it. But we didn't go out. I know it may shake things up but I am so close and need every week I have so I can't take that risk.

Ok, so I've wasted enough time on myself, off to see what you've been up to this weekend.
reading that made me cringe!!!!! I can totally agree with you. Im sooo distracted by how much Im missing things, that If someone who was doing this program told me that I would have felt the same as you!!! ughh!! But its safe to say that it might come back to haunt her next week.. you never know. and by getting away with it once, she might continue to do it, and it will def catch up. I think thats one of the biggests reason why I can't tried just one little bite becuase I know if I do it once I'll think it's okay all the time and in the end that would destroy my progress. Hang in there!

Quote:
I can totally relate to this!! My second job is delivering pizza!!!!! ughhh!!
Old 10-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 182/155/135

Height: 5'5.5"

I have been IP for almost two weeks and had my first test. Friends came over after my son's hockey game for some munchies and drinks. I eat veggies and water! It was tough because there is nothing more that I like than socializing with my friends...worried they might have thought I was lame but I didn't cave to the peer pressure and stuck with plan.... :- )
Old 10-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Looking good Jelly! I like the new pic!

I don't know how all of you are resisting that pizza. That is one place I draw the line. I'm not allowing it in my house unless I'm not home! No chocolately halloween candy either. Only the yukky kind this year. I think I gained about 50 lbs eating halloween candy when I was pregnant.

Now it's a special treat for husband and child when I have an evening out with the girls... they get pizza!
Old 10-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #90  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Jelly, you are beautiful!
Closed Thread