Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Happy Saturday everyone! Just finished a nice warm cup of tea (even though it's another hot day in TX again) and my peanut bar, very yummy! Today we are off to look for a suit for my 13 year old who is having a Bar Mitzvah the first weekend in November. He is growing by leaps and bounds, so not altering the suit until the last minute. ;-)

Have a great IP day...
Old 10-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #17  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Guy View Post
Had a great Friday. Had a long planning session and as I was greeting people I appreciated all the "wow you look great" comments, not something a guy really thinks about I guess, but was nice that the weight loss was noticeable. The guy that inspired me to start IP came in and the comments and interest was fun to listen to, combined we've lost about 180lbs, but he's lost the most around 140lbs. Since I put together the menu for them it was fairly healthy, Subway, veggies/fruit, but we had our shake/bar and veggies. Took a bit of razzing about our padded coolers, but it was also very supportive group. Sure made what could have been a stressful meeting very easy and fun.
Looks like you had a successful meeting Yguy, a little preparing goes a long way for sure. Comment like that we can handle right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
My big day? Back to P1 after 2 mos on maintenance and off to SAM's for paper products and P1 supplies (meats- spinach- mushrooms- etc). Lazy, rainy day here in PA.
WELCOME BACK Marykat!!! we missed you How are you doing? Recovery going well? So glad you are back we missed your smiles around here.

Its a beautiful sunny day here on the Gulfcoast of Mississippi. Temp is about 68 with NO humidity so its GREAT! Thinking we may go to the Flea Market in Mobile one the oldest gets off of work at 1. I'll pick up some veggies from there for the week...yummy!!

Everyone have a great day, Stolaf Keeping my fingers crossed for your 2lbs!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
NSV..So my wedding ring falls off my finger onto the floor at work. I decided that this was indeed a sign for me to get rid of my silver cheaper ring (purchased because I gained weight) and to look for my old gold ring. The gold ring fit for the first time in 10 years. It is special because my husband and I bought new wedding rings in Italy because we could not afford gold ones when we got married.

My son is coming today from Seattle for a visit. I am going to let him make his favorite fish tacos!
That is awesome. I haven't been able to wear my ring for a few years and that is one of my goals with the weightloss. I am currently wearing my ring on a chain around my neck. I am thinking I should be able to get it on in a few months. Can't wait!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, brrrr it sure is cold today...i had the a/c on until 2 days ago and now its 10c outside.

Had WI#9 this morning, down 2.2. I actually am satisfied with that as i'm on day 2 of TOM and feel crampy and bloated.

Have a great week-end OP everyone!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning, brrrr it sure is cold today...i had the a/c on until 2 days ago and now its 10c outside.

Had WI#9 this morning, down 2.2. I actually am satisfied with that as i'm on day 2 of TOM and feel crampy and bloated.

Have a great week-end OP everyone!
WOOHOO!!!....2.2lbs more you don't have to carry around!! isn't it a GREAT feeling???
Old 10-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #21  
Started IP July 21, 2011

S/C/G: 168/143.8/140

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm having a rough couple of days!!! The county fair has been in town all week and finally ends tonight!!! Thank goodness!! I've only been up there twice so far and I've only had steak tips with mushrooms. I consider that a victory since our fair is packed with all the typical fair food. The one thing our fair is known for though is glorious fresh donuts covered in sugar the minute they come out of the fryer. People buy them by the bags full and line up all the way around the block and wait sometimes 1-2 hours to get theirs!! I haven't had any but I admit to being ticked off about it this week!!!!! Last night I left the fair in a very bad mood because I really would have liked to have had just one donut or one elephant ear or ice cream or something!!! I was very resentful over it! Today after the parade I had to take my family to get subway before a huge marching band competition and sat and watched them eat it while I sit here eating my veggies. Who knew a sandwhich could seem so evil??

I should consider all this a NSV I suppose but I just feel so resentful about watching all the people eat this week that I'm having a hard time seeing it. I wish I could say "it didn't even bother me, I didn't even want any of that junk food!" but that would be a lie. I wanted it and I'm mad I couldn't have it!! I'm doing this for a reason though and I'm not going to let this one week keep me from my goal of hitting my goal by November 11.

Sorry this is so long. I really needed to vent. Now I feel like I can let it go and eat my veggies and drink my shake and be satisfied
Old 10-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #22  
1Sunny1

S/C/G: 241/218/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Good morning all! I tried the chocolate pancakes this morning. I failed!!! Is there a secret to them that I am unaware of?! I hope everyone has a great day. It's fall in my area of Montana. Snow is forecast for next week. ICK. I am planning a lazy day with football on TV!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom9799 View Post
I'm having a rough couple of days!!! The county fair has been in town all week and finally ends tonight!!! Thank goodness!! I've only been up there twice so far and I've only had steak tips with mushrooms. I consider that a victory since our fair is packed with all the typical fair food. The one thing our fair is known for though is glorious fresh donuts covered in sugar the minute they come out of the fryer. People buy them by the bags full and line up all the way around the block and wait sometimes 1-2 hours to get theirs!! I haven't had any but I admit to being ticked off about it this week!!!!! Last night I left the fair in a very bad mood because I really would have liked to have had just one donut or one elephant ear or ice cream or something!!! I was very resentful over it! Today after the parade I had to take my family to get subway before a huge marching band competition and sat and watched them eat it while I sit here eating my veggies. Who knew a sandwhich could seem so evil??

I should consider all this a NSV I suppose but I just feel so resentful about watching all the people eat this week that I'm having a hard time seeing it. I wish I could say "it didn't even bother me, I didn't even want any of that junk food!" but that would be a lie. I wanted it and I'm mad I couldn't have it!! I'm doing this for a reason though and I'm not going to let this one week keep me from my goal of hitting my goal by November 11.

Sorry this is so long. I really needed to vent. Now I feel like I can let it go and eat my veggies and drink my shake and be satisfied
That is a HUGE NSV, what are you talking about??? Being around all of that food and NOT having ONE bite is awesome. Maybe you have more control over your eating than you realize. You were having a pitty party for yourself. When that happens to me, I just talk to myself. One day I will be able to have just ONE of those but right now I have my eyes set on the goal of losing this weight and I won't let anything get between me and that goal.

My ex came to town and is staying here at the house instead of getting a hotel room to spend time with the boys. He brings this HUGE bowl of homemade banana pudding (one of my favs and he knows it) for the boys. HE was getting himself a bowl then looks at me and says "you have to try this," BOTH of my boys YELL at him and said "are you CRAZY, MOM hasn't touched ANYTHING she isn't suppose to have and you wanna throw her favorite in her face that is just MEAN". I said thanks guys but I got this, both of them looked at me and said mom we are very proud of you for losing all of this weight and we won't let anyone not even dad tempt you. My youngest said mom isn't it time for your snack? I said yup and he came in my room got one of my banana pudding packets and fixed it for me. What can I say my boys love me and take care of me
Old 10-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #24  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sunny1 View Post
Good morning all! I tried the chocolate pancakes this morning. I failed!!! Is there a secret to them that I am unaware of?! I hope everyone has a great day. It's fall in my area of Montana. Snow is forecast for next week. ICK. I am planning a lazy day with football on TV!
What exactly happened? I save the choco pancakes for Saturday mornings and look forward to them...
Old 10-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #25  
Started IP July 21, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
That is a HUGE NSV, what are you talking about??? Being around all of that food and NOT having ONE bite is awesome. Maybe you have more control over your eating than you realize. You were having a pitty party for yourself. When that happens to me, I just talk to myself. One day I will be able to have just ONE of those but right now I have my eyes set on the goal of losing this weight and I won't let anything get between me and that goal.

My ex came to town and is staying here at the house instead of getting a hotel room to spend time with the boys. He brings this HUGE bowl of homemade banana pudding (one of my favs and he knows it) for the boys. HE was getting himself a bowl then looks at me and says "you have to try this," BOTH of my boys YELL at him and said "are you CRAZY, MOM hasn't touched ANYTHING she isn't suppose to have and you wanna throw her favorite in her face that is just MEAN". I said thanks guys but I got this, both of them looked at me and said mom we are very proud of you for losing all of this weight and we won't let anyone not even dad tempt you. My youngest said mom isn't it time for your snack? I said yup and he came in my room got one of my banana pudding packets and fixed it for me. What can I say my boys love me and take care of me

You're right WUV I was having a major pity party!! I was even feeling like screaming "Not Fair, Not Fair!!!" I'll be over it as soon as that darn fair is gone!!!

I got tears in my eyes when I read what your boys did for you!! What great boys!! I have 2 boys also. They are 14 and 12 and have also been super supportive as well as my hubby and I'm so thankful for that. Sabotage is a bad thing!!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #26  

Quote:
You're right WUV I was having a major pity party!! I was even feeling like screaming "Not Fair, Not Fair!!!" I'll be over it as soon as that darn fair is gone!!!

I got tears in my eyes when I read what your boys did for you!! What great boys!! I have 2 boys also. They are 14 and 12 and have also been super supportive as well as my hubby and I'm so thankful for that. Sabotage is a bad thing!!
My boys are 20 and 23. The 20 year old is down for the weekend from college he attends MSU for mechanical engineering and my oldest lives with me so he sees what I do everyday. My youngest hadn't seen me in about a month so he can see the difference, he won't be back now until Thanksgiving when he has a week off then he will REALLY see a difference cuz I will be in the 200's by then! or at least I am hoping I will be....lol
Old 10-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #27  
Started IP July 21, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
My boys are 20 and 23. The 20 year old is down for the weekend from college he attends MSU for mechanical engineering and my oldest lives with me so he sees what I do everyday. My youngest hadn't seen me in about a month so he can see the difference, he won't be back now until Thanksgiving when he has a week off then he will REALLY see a difference cuz I will be in the 200's by then! or at least I am hoping I will be....lol
You will certainly be WAY into the 200's by then!! You will be there in 2 weeks I predict or sooner if the whoosh fairy visits!! We have to just keep on keepin' on and it will come off
Old 10-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #28  

Quote:
You will certainly be WAY into the 200's by then!! You will be there in 2 weeks I predict or sooner if the whoosh fairy visits!! We have to just keep on keepin' on and it will come off
OH YEA!!...there is NO STOPPING this woman. I am on a ROLL!! I wanna be there for Christmas!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #29  

Height: 5'7'

Ok, I have just a second to check in...I had my WI this morning and was hoping for two pounds. I have down 5 pounds and I am officially out of the 200s. HOLY COW! I was so happy and surprised at the same time. This was such a mental block for me and is making me feel like I can conquer the world tonight.

For this huge victory I made an appt to get my hair blown out for a party we are going to tonight. This is the ultimate indulgence and I earned it!
Old 10-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Ok, I have just a second to check in...I had my WI this morning and was hoping for two pounds. I have down 5 pounds and I am officially out of the 200s. HOLY COW! I was so happy and surprised at the same time. This was such a mental block for me and is making me feel like I can conquer the world tonight.

For this huge victory I made an appt to get my hair blown out for a party we are going to tonight. This is the ultimate indulgence and I earned it!
WOW!!!.....5lbs!!!...that is FANTASTIC!!!......I am happy for you!! You will have a great time at the party today because you will be on cloud 99999.....hahaha
Closed Thread