Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks 2Ride, I am rooting for you, I know you are down to the last few pounds. I know they are being stubborn, hope you are feeling great! Hows your baby been lately?
Old 09-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 244/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Now this is really strange. My son has his college parent week-end football game tomorrow and asked me to bring cookies and brownies. So here I am making cookies and brownies and I have absolutely no desire to have a taste. (Chocolate chip cookie dough .. one of my favorites) I find this amazing! I love this diet!

Last edited by kindanuts; 09-30-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 09-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 293/275/200

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all!
I have my week 4 weigh in this morning and Im feeling pretty good. Im currently doing the Alternative plan because of my diabetes but Im starting to feel guilty when I eat the bread, dairy and fruit. I feel like Im holding myself back. I guess maybe its impatience? Also my biggest struggle with the diet is the supplements taking their huge pills along with all my other meds. Has anyone ever asked their coach if it would be ok to take liquid supplements purchased outside of the program?? Thanks!!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Thanks! Sorry, I didn't see your other post before I posted mine. I really, really enjoyed the peanut butter/chocolate Atkins Advantage bar. It was hard to only eat half each day. At first, it seemed too sweet, but by the time I finished the first half, I was hooked. Those could be potentially addicting, lol!
Oh, and I make sure they have at least 10g of protein but most have 15.

I have to share, my sister in law's sister who just started the Atkins products with the IP plan had her first weigh in and lost 15lbs! She is pretty big but I'm so proud of her!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 347/310/190

Height: 5"5

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Oh, and I make sure they have at least 10g of protein but most have 15.

I have to share, my sister in law's sister who just started the Atkins products with the IP plan had her first weigh in and lost 15lbs! She is pretty big but I'm so proud of her!
What are the drinks and bars called that you use from Atkins? Do u replace the ip for there bars? I used to have Akins protein bars I luv them. I am looking for a cheaper drink for my coffee I love dunking donuts ice coffee but only with some cream can't do the skim it's gross.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 347/310/190

Height: 5"5

Well today is a beautiful day in PA nice and sunny and high 72 my kind of weather. Me and hubby are going to Farmers market to get some veggies and meat, fish. Tonight is girl time getting my nails done. Today I am feeling pretty good getting out the rut of losing my job and focusing on getting healthier. Thanks for all the support and suggestions. You are what keeps me motivated to keep losing. I need to lose so next year I can plan to get prego we want to start a family my weight is just holding us up.

I hope everyone is doing well today.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubu4eva30 View Post
What are the drinks and bars called that you use from Atkins? Do u replace the ip for there bars? I used to have Akins protein bars I luv them. I am looking for a cheaper drink for my coffee I love dunking donuts ice coffee but only with some cream can't do the skim it's gross.
They are just Atkins ready to drink shakes. I use vanilla in my coffee and drink the milk chocolate on ice. I used to hate the choc but now I love it on ice. There is also a caramel cafe, mocha latte, dark choc, strawberry and I think that's it. I was drinking the mocha latte and the caramel one but now I don't care for them. They are across from the EAS at my Walmart and Target both.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #38  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

[QUOTE=Bubu4eva30;4053618]Well today is a beautiful day in PA nice and sunny and high 72 my kind of weather. Me and hubby are going to Farmers market to get some veggies and meat, fish. Tonight is girl time getting my nails done. Today I am feeling pretty good getting out the rut of losing my job and focusing on getting healthier. Thanks for all the support and suggestions. You are what keeps me motivated to keep losing. I need to lose so next year I can plan to get prego we want to start a family my weight is just holding us up.

I hope everyone is doing well today.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7jKRnk/]

Bubu
Can I ask where you are from in Pa.? I am from Middletown near Hershey.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #39  

S/C/G: H:213; WB: 188.5/180/145

Height: 5'7"

It's been awile since I posted but I've been lurking and everyone is doing great. I have a question, does it really matter how we get our 3 IP products, protein and 4 cups of veggies? I started out doing according to the protocol sheet but now I'm finding that I prefer this schedule:
B - IP egg or cereal
L - lots of lettuce & 5-7 oz of some type of protein
S - IP pudding or drink
D - 4 cups of roasted veggies & IP drink

Do you think this is appropriate?
Old 09-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #40  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindanuts View Post
Good morning! Now this is really strange. My son has his college parent week-end football game tomorrow and asked me to bring cookies and brownies. So here I am making cookies and brownies and I have absolutely no desire to have a taste. (Chocolate chip cookie dough .. one of my favorites) I find this amazing! I love this diet!
Isn't it great, I have been baking for the office since this has started and it is enough to know that they like my food, I don't have to eat it to taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Thanks 2Ride, I am rooting for you, I know you are down to the last few pounds. I know they are being stubborn, hope you are feeling great! Hows your baby been lately?
Thank you for asking, my old girl is doing well, she has eatten all week so that is an improvement. Still wants to walk and be with me so I am happy with the time.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

I really don't know what is happening to my body, not that I am complaining: my ''official'' weigh in is on a Thursday, and it seems like always the day after I lose more ! That being said, since I weigh myself everyday (an old habit that would not die), I discovered that I lost another 1.6 pounds which brought me to 205.6 today! I cannot believe it and actually I am still not catching up, still when I talk about it, for a second, I mention my weight to be 227 or 225, but then I realize it: NO it is 205 NOT two twenty something! God, I cannot believe I almost lost 45 pounds by now and counting.

I was dreaming so much about hitting Onederland, but for a strange reason, now that I am approaching it, it seems to me like nothing ! I am very proud of what I achieved so far, but still... I need to lose another 60 pounds and for the first time in my life I know I WILL.

Thank you Stolaf for your tips on how to survive social events, I am so weak confronting these and I fell in temptation more than once, so I will use your trick and try to survive it next time.

Hope everyone is doing great and will have a wonderful weekend
I was reading your post and thinking that it must feel so good to say that you have lost so much. I am currently just above your start weight and I can not wait to get down below 200. Your right there, just a few days away from leaving the terrible two's. I am jealous but yet inspired and motivated to continue as I see the changes in others.

It's been a hard week for me for some reason. I really really want some cheesy pizza and doritos for some reason. This diet is difficult with kids. My 8yr old wanted McDonalds yesterday but I explained that it would be torture for me to have to smell that and watch her eat them because I can not have them. She said ok and she didnt want that. Such good supporters but I try not to limit their meals. It is also hard because I have to cook their meals and my own. Adds a bit more work to my already heavy workload.
It is a good thing I don't like mac and cheese, lol
Old 09-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #42  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

For Sea Salt I go to Amazon, for $8.00 you can get a pound of grey salt:
http://www.amazon.com/Coarse-Sea-Sal...7398060&sr=8-7

Remember to make sure the salt you get isn't processed or cleaned those are the important things.
A pound lasts a long time, I have had it since January before I even heard of this diet and still have a ton left.
Nice resealable bag so you just pour out what you need.
Just another option.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scpnme View Post
As i am new here...and not all that techy, I have two questions...

1. I posted a picture but it does not seem to be showing up on my posts. Did I do something wrong or is it like the ticker...you don't get a picture for "x" amount of time?

2. I cannot find the Big Mac in a Bowl recipe. I am sure that it is on here many times, but would someone either walk me through how to find it or re-post it? Just the name makes my mouth water!!!

3. Okay I am throwing in a questions that I asked yesterday but no one responded to...has anyone ever had an entire day of eating IP foods...last night I was not very hungry but had a craving for the Salt & Vinegar Ridges. So, I gave in thinking that eating that was better than not eating at all. I have been 100% OP until last night when I didn't have a "real" dinner with meat and veggies. I weighed myself this morning and am down a pound...so I am thinking it didn't hurt, but am definitely not going to make a habit out of it.

I really appreciate this forum. I have so many questions and many times they are answered...with amazing support to boot, right here!!! Thank you all for not knowingly encouraging me!!! It is so appreciated!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
It's been awile since I posted but I've been lurking and everyone is doing great. I have a question, does it really matter how we get our 3 IP products, protein and 4 cups of veggies? I started out doing according to the protocol sheet but now I'm finding that I prefer this schedule:
B - IP egg or cereal
L - lots of lettuce & 5-7 oz of some type of protein
S - IP pudding or drink
D - 4 cups of roasted veggies & IP drink

Do you think this is appropriate?
It's totally fine to move your 'real' protein around or to skip it and use an IP product. From what I was told, the 'real' protein is to help give you a sense of normalcy. You can have dinner with the family or go out to eat. I've had a few travel days where I've done all IP for convenience. You're both doing just fine. Keep it up!
Old 09-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #44  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
I was reading your post and thinking that it must feel so good to say that you have lost so much. I am currently just above your start weight and I can not wait to get down below 200. Your right there, just a few days away from leaving the terrible two's. I am jealous but yet inspired and motivated to continue as I see the changes in others.

It's been a hard week for me for some reason. I really really want some cheesy pizza and doritos for some reason. This diet is difficult with kids. My 8yr old wanted McDonalds yesterday but I explained that it would be torture for me to have to smell that and watch her eat them because I can not have them. She said ok and she didnt want that. Such good supporters but I try not to limit their meals. It is also hard because I have to cook their meals and my own. Adds a bit more work to my already heavy workload.
It is a good thing I don't like mac and cheese, lol
Oh ! I know... it is hard to stay on track when everyone else is eating other kind of nice smelling food! But you did it . I don't have kids (yet, hopefully soon), but I do find it extra hard to socialize, extremely hard even when I tell my surrounding that I cannot eat what they are, it is a constant challenge.

Kuddo to your kid! Wow isn't she amazing! I mean any other kid would not have cared, she is so sweet to support you like this.

Hang in there
Old 09-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #45  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

To scpnme

I am in my first week of this plan. i was sickning/hungry the other day. I ate egg whites. I talked to my coach later and she said that was fine or to even grab another protein just to keep me on plan. I didn't see your post or I would have answered sooner.
Closed Thread