Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 175/146/130

Height: 5'4"

Default ????

As i am new here...and not all that techy, I have two questions...

1. I posted a picture but it does not seem to be showing up on my posts. Did I do something wrong or is it like the ticker...you don't get a picture for "x" amount of time?

2. I cannot find the Big Mac in a Bowl recipe. I am sure that it is on here many times, but would someone either walk me through how to find it or re-post it? Just the name makes my mouth water!!!

3. Okay I am throwing in a questions that I asked yesterday but no one responded to...has anyone ever had an entire day of eating IP foods...last night I was not very hungry but had a craving for the Salt & Vinegar Ridges. So, I gave in thinking that eating that was better than not eating at all. I have been 100% OP until last night when I didn't have a "real" dinner with meat and veggies. I weighed myself this morning and am down a pound...so I am thinking it didn't hurt, but am definitely not going to make a habit out of it.

I really appreciate this forum. I have so many questions and many times they are answered...with amazing support to boot, right here!!! Thank you all for not knowingly encouraging me!!! It is so appreciated!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Happy Friday everyone! It is so funny that the nights I have Big Mac in a Bowl and a Pure Protein Bar I feel like I am cheating, but I'm not!!! I do feel like I need to have some fish meals in the next few nights, I have been slacking off on those, just hungry for red meat.

Have a great day! Can you believe tomorrow is October?!!
Love the Big Mac in a bowl! We had it last night also. When I looked at my plate I couldn't believe how much food was on it and all OP.
We are having fish tonight. But I may want to make it again on the weekend. October is so close, the leaves are all starting to turn here, this is my favorite time of year!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning IPer's

Today (this afternoon) is WI #13, I am hoping for a decent loss, we shall see.

NavyMommy, I found the Real Salt that IP sells at a Mennonite store in a big container for the same price as the little container, so I bought a couple. I do know different places sell it on-line cheaper also. Just search RealSalt.com. I think maybe Vitacost & Amazon both have the large size. I then refill my little container for "on-the-go"

Wayward & Wuv are going to be my coaches after next week, as I am switching to alternatives. I also plan to pick ItsAboutTime's brain. Actually, what products are you using ItsAboutTime? Let me know your favs!

Well, I have to go get a "move-on", so I can accomplish something today. I will post WI results later this afternoon. Have a wonderful day
First of all, good luck with your weigh in! Second, you don't want to ask me. I don't buy anything but Atkins products. I use a vanilla RTD shake in my coffee every single morning and have a chocolate shake every single lunch, and I have 3 or 4 bars I always have in my fridge for my night time snack. I have no variety but I'm a routine kinda person. That is why the next couple of phases scare the bejeezus out of me. It's obviously been working for me so I'm sticking to it. I told my huaband if I stalled I was switiching to IP food and he is happy I haven't had to just yet. I do have a friend who picks m up things at her clinic on her weigh in days sometimes for me so I can switch it up every now and then but I am totally ok with what I'm doing. My sister in law and her sister are now doing it just like me. MY sis in law has actually lost about as much as me and she started like 5 weeks after me but she's quite a bit bigger. So proud of her! My aunt lost 15 pounds doing it this way, her friend lost 35, and another friend who is doing IP is having her hubby do it the Atkins way so they don't have to pay for 2 to go to the clinic and get the IP food. So, if you want to try it, it's cheap! I pay $5.49 for a 4pk of rtd shakes and $6.59 for a 5pk of bars. If you need variety, it may not be the way to go. Good luck lady! We're here for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Yes..It is amazing how quickly the month has passed. I have Halloween directions up already in my room. The kids are starting to talk about costumes and scary things.

I love the big Mac in a bowl. It makes you feel like you are eating something special.
My kids already have their costumes. My daughter wanted to be Jessie from Toy Story so bad and it just so happened she has to dress as someone from TS for our homecoming parade so we bought it early. I also have my decor out because I like Halloween better than Christmas!

I stayed the same as far as my weight this morning. I thought about not stepping on the scale but before I could complete the thought I was already on there. Today is homecoming so I will be leaving work at noon today! Woohooooooo!

On a side note, I had my dog at the vet last night because he's having tummy troubles, he's puking everything he eats. They did x-rays and there's no obstructions that we can see so they put him on antibiotics, some anti puking meds, and some soft perscription digestive health food. I will watch him over the weekend and if he's not better I will take him up Mon for a blood panel. Keep him in your thoughts and cross your fingers he gets better. (He's like my 3rd child...SPOILED!)
Old 09-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #19  

Oh, and from yesterday's chat......

WUV: You totally need to open a clinic. You would be the most amazing coach! Also, thanks for the lemon tip. I will deff. try that! Are we just supposed to do it the night before weigh in or does it help to do it more often?
Old 09-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #20  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scpnme View Post
As i am new here...and not all that techy, I have two questions...

1. I posted a picture but it does not seem to be showing up on my posts. Did I do something wrong or is it like the ticker...you don't get a picture for "x" amount of time?

2. I cannot find the Big Mac in a Bowl recipe. I am sure that it is on here many times, but would someone either walk me through how to find it or re-post it? Just the name makes my mouth water!!!

3. Okay I am throwing in a questions that I asked yesterday but no one responded to...has anyone ever had an entire day of eating IP foods...last night I was not very hungry but had a craving for the Salt & Vinegar Ridges. So, I gave in thinking that eating that was better than not eating at all. I have been 100% OP until last night when I didn't have a "real" dinner with meat and veggies. I weighed myself this morning and am down a pound...so I am thinking it didn't hurt, but am definitely not going to make a habit out of it.

I really appreciate this forum. I have so many questions and many times they are answered...with amazing support to boot, right here!!! Thank you all for not knowingly encouraging me!!! It is so appreciated!!!
Hi there,

Welcome to this site.

I am also not very technical and still ''discovering'' things on this website.

Here is the recipe for Big Mac in a Bowl:

* 1/2 pound raw ground beef, about 5 1/2 ounces cooked weight or 153 grams cooked *
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 1 teaspoon minced dry onions
* 46 grams dill pickle slices or 2 dill spears, chopped, about 1 5/8 ounces
* 2 tablespoons WF Thousand Island Dressing
* 1 1/2 ounces iceberg lettuce, shredded

Brown the ground beef, drain off any fat, season with salt and pepper.. Meanwhile, soak the dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Put the meat in a large salad bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and eat at once.

As for the picture, me too, I did not have my picture showing first until I discovered I should upload it in the Avatar.

Concerning eating all IP food all day, you can do that when you are not able to have ''normal'' food for supper, just remember that the Salt & Vinegar Ridges are a restricted, so if you had already a restricted for breakfast try to choose something else.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you have, we are all here to support each others.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #21  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I would like to know what It'sAboutTime and others on alternatives use for restricteds. I am considering doing a mix of what my coach says and what the real protocol for IP says. That means I will have to find alternative restricteds since I'm not allowed restricteds at my clinic until phase 2. I can get the pure protein bars at Walmart or Sams, but was hoping for something besides bars. Those bars are way too good if you know what I mean. I've had no cravings on this diet and I don't really need to start.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I would like to know what It'sAboutTime and others on alternatives use for restricteds. I am considering doing a mix of what my coach says and what the real protocol for IP says. That means I will have to find alternative restricteds since I'm not allowed restricteds at my clinic until phase 2. I can get the pure protein bars at Walmart or Sams, but was hoping for something besides bars. Those bars are way too good if you know what I mean. I've had no cravings on this diet and I don't really need to start.
Like I mentioned earlier, I use Atkins RTD shakes and bars. The bars are my restricted. I love the mudslide, choc chip cookie dough, and a caramel brownie bar thing. (Not sure of the name on the last one.) I get them at Walmart or Target. You have to be careful and buy only shakes with a use by date of April 2012 or after or they may be chunky and gross.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #23  

[QUOTE=scpnme;4053390]As i am new here...and not all that techy, I have two questions...

Big Mac in a bowl
lean ground beef cooked with salt and pepper to taste
Dill pickle spears cut up small
Dehydrated onion rehydrate in water before adding to the mixture
Shredded iceberg lettuce as much as you would like
Put it all in a bowl and top with WF 1000 islands dressing and mix
Enjoy!
There was a thread under ideal protein that says Big Mac in a bowl if you want exact measurements. I used 1 1/2 lbs oh ground beef and fed my family of 4

As for you picture go to CP user and edit avatar then there will be a spot to upload your Photo, then you have to check the box that says use photo. I think that is how I did it. I'm still new too. Hope this helps
Old 09-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #24  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!! Day 1 and I failed my no scale challenge. Yesterday when I went to the doctor their scale measured me so much lighter I just had to see how it translated to my home scale. I actually went to the store yesterday and was drooling over the new ones that measure body fat percentage and water retention. Mine seems to be a good pound or two heavier then my doctors or my coaches. It was really nice though to see a number in the 180's even though my regular doctor just left and this time I got a resident who didn't even realize I seemed to skip the 190's.

I love Stolaf's advice about going to parties, and I'll add that if the party is during a meal time eat before you go and you'll be much less tempted (and have a ready to go excuse).

One question I've been meaning to ask. Is there anything special about the sea salt sold by IP coaches? When I went in last time I had SO many things I had to buy I didn't get that , but this month I should have a little room in my IP budget and I was thinking about getting it, but not if it's the same sea salt I can buy at the store. Thanks!
Good morning, in Canada I have found the realsalt brand at the Superstore in the organic aisle. I bought a big one and fill the little shakers with it, one for work, one for my purse and one for home. It saves at least a little bit of money I think the one I got from Superstore was 8.00 and it has filled up the little shakers at least twice now and isn't even half gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandallismom View Post
Good morning everyone!

Last nights Big Mac in a bowl and turnip fries were a huge success! Tasted delicious and really just like a Big Mac. My plate was overflowing with it and the 2 cups of turnip fries. My husband loved it too. The kids were like "what's wrong with the fries?" but they ate them all! This was the first time I ate red meat since starting and it was delicious, I want to make it again soon!

Today is another crisp sunny day in the Maritimes. I so love this weather. I want to be outside all the time. I think we'll head to the cottage for the weekend if not going to rain.

Stolaf, I love your ideas for dealing with parties. I stopes going to my girls night out because it's wine and food, but now I know how to do it right. Thank you.

Have a great day everyone. Good luck to all those who WI today and to all those NSV also.
You mean you don't eat any red meat? do you stick to chicken and fish then? just wondering, I guess being from Alberta I can't imagine giving up red meat especially during bbq season.

Good Morning everyone, today is suppose to be the last 24c day here until next spring so of course I am at work... going to have to mow my lawn one last time tonight. Always makes me a little sad, putting away the doggie pool, table and chairs, agilty equipment and raking up the leaves... I know snow is coming.
Not much new here still going OP and back to phase 1 to finish off as my coach has decided to move me from phase 2. I kind of liked doing phase 2 for lunches, so when I went back I tried to get my fav broccoli and cheese soup they didn't have... so I had to settle for tomato... use to be my favorite now I am not so sure why... doctoring it up helps but I miss my broccoli. Made a yummy beef stew and IP dumplings last night, made lots so will have that for a couple of more nights.

WUV - If you are serious, you would do great as a coach, you would have all your clients so motivated. I think you should check into it.

Itsabouttime - I am proud of you for getting your food in... very important.

Welcome to the new ones, congrats on all NSVs ans SVs.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #25  

2riderollercoast

I do eat red meat. I just haven't eaten it in 3 weeks. I love red meat, it used to bother my IBS. Since being on IP I have not had any problems. I have been eating chicken fish and pork. Steak is on the menu for the weekend! I can't wait.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #26  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!! Day 1 and I failed my no scale challenge. Yesterday when I went to the doctor their scale measured me so much lighter I just had to see how it translated to my home scale. I actually went to the store yesterday and was drooling over the new ones that measure body fat percentage and water retention. Mine seems to be a good pound or two heavier then my doctors or my coaches. It was really nice though to see a number in the 180's even though my regular doctor just left and this time I got a resident who didn't even realize I seemed to skip the 190's.

I love Stolaf's advice about going to parties, and I'll add that if the party is during a meal time eat before you go and you'll be much less tempted (and have a ready to go excuse).

One question I've been meaning to ask. Is there anything special about the sea salt sold by IP coaches? When I went in last time I had SO many things I had to buy I didn't get that , but this month I should have a little room in my IP budget and I was thinking about getting it, but not if it's the same sea salt I can buy at the store. Thanks!

I bought a new scale last night too. I had 4 people tell me that my old scale was way off. I somehow lost my IP sea salt last night as I ate subway salad at the airport and have no idea where it was last night for supper so I just used regular sea salt that I've bought at costco.

The first month I just used the costco salt and I was fine. The IP one is just raw salt.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #27  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Like I mentioned earlier, I use Atkins RTD shakes and bars. The bars are my restricted. I love the mudslide, choc chip cookie dough, and a caramel brownie bar thing. (Not sure of the name on the last one.) I get them at Walmart or Target. You have to be careful and buy only shakes with a use by date of April 2012 or after or they may be chunky and gross.
Thanks! Sorry, I didn't see your other post before I posted mine. I really, really enjoyed the peanut butter/chocolate Atkins Advantage bar. It was hard to only eat half each day. At first, it seemed too sweet, but by the time I finished the first half, I was hooked. Those could be potentially addicting, lol!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Thanks ItsAboutTime,
I already buy hubby Pure Protein bars and EAS shakes, so the Atkins products will give some more variety. I also ordered from Noshua & Diet Direct, the stuff looks the same as IP. I do make sure they don't contain aspartame. Can't wait to save alot of $$, of course fuel this winter will eat it right up. lol. I, like you last week have not been hungry, but am eating anyways.

Thanks everyone for all your help. I love my IP friends
PS I agree, Wuv should open a clinic!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:50 AM   #29  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Thanks ItsAboutTime,
I already buy hubby Pure Protein bars and EAS shakes, so the Atkins products will give some more variety. I also ordered from Noshua & Diet Direct, the stuff looks the same as IP. I do make sure they don't contain aspartame. Can't wait to save alot of $$, of course fuel this winter will eat it right up. lol. I, like you last week have not been hungry, but am eating anyways.

Thanks everyone for all your help. I love my IP friends
PS I agree, Wuv should open a clinic!
I have bought at Nashua, the proti thin soy puffs (exactly the same as IP) the rest are a little different. The comparision charts is a very handy tool to have when ordering off of these sites. Hope everything goes great with you.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #30  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Day 5. I even feel lighter. My scale is down almost 5 lbs.
Took bike today to practice figure 8's. Did pretty good. I did stall
it when pulling out of first. I didn't do that at all last week.
Closed Thread