Old 09-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 157.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'6"

Smile IP without coaching?

After reading Dr. Tran Tien Chahn's book, studying many posts here, going to an informational IP meeting I am seriously considering doing this diet on my own- without the counsel sessions. The clinic I went to has only been offering this system for six months or so and after the session I really felt that I knew as much as if not more than the lecturer. The center stated they would sell me their products if I signed a waiver regarding refusal of counseling.

Any thoughts from the veterans ?

Last edited by Elizabethjk; 09-29-2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Want to say more
Elizabethjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

There are several people here who are very successful with the program using alternative products. You do have to be careful with them and not only compare the nutrition labels but also ingredient lists because some may match up nutritionally but contain ingredients we're not allowed to have. There is a ton of support and awesome information on this site!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 157.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'6"

Thank you!
Elizabethjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #4  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

I am not seeing a coach, and I don't intend to, except MAYBE when I go to a different phase, but maybe not.

It is your decision since everyone is different, some people need the support, some find it good to go and be weighed weekly, I am doing well without it, I already lost about 43 pounds on my own.

Believe me, all I learnt about this amazing program was from this wonderful site and the wonderful people that post in here, it was not from my coach with whom I started.

Good luck, you can do it
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethjk View Post
After reading Dr. Tran Tien Chahn's book, studying many posts here, going to an informational IP meeting I am seriously considering doing this diet on my own- without the counsel sessions. The clinic I went to has only been offering this system for six months or so and after the session I really felt that I knew as much as if not more than the lecturer. The center stated they would sell me their products if I signed a waiver regarding refusal of counseling.

I am doing it on my own with Matol products and supplements (same as IP) in Canada.
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #6  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

I am actually friends with the chiropractor and his wife who is the coach at my clinic, but I don't get any real "coaching" from them.
They ask how I am dong etc. but I never have any questions.
They gave me the speal when I first when in to talk with them about IP but I just said yeah yeah how much.
I knew it had worked for my friend so I was ready.
Other than them telling me to up my protein intake due to the amount of exercise etc I haven't needed them for anything other than to write down my weight and measurements which I do myself when I am there and to hand me my food.
So if you feel comfortable on your own and have a line on product I say you can do it.
But that's just my 2 cents.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

I do it all on my own. I have the whole time.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethjk View Post

Does your clinic charge extra for the coaching? I only pay for what I purchase from them, I don't pay an extra coaching fee. If it's included and you're going to be buying the IP products anyways it might be worth it to have a cheerleader!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote