Old 09-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
I started IP last Oct. right before Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Years and all the holidays most folks would want to avoid while taking this program on.
Thanks so much for sharing! I'm starting this right now too and everyone thought I was crazy with the holiday's looming, but when you're ready, you're ready!
AmandaB777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello, my name is bellamack and I am not a cheater. lol. I just talked about this on the other thread, I have below average losses and don't cheat and yes I hated when people got on and said "I cheated and lost..." It made my blood boil. With help from 2ride, Jennydoodle, Wuv, patns & ItsAboutTime, I made it through the 'mental' part of that. It reminded me of people talking about "cheating" on their income tax, I wouldn' t ever do that, there are huge consequences, like jail time.

I have embraced my slower than average losses, because they are losses and I am not cheating. With that said, I am phasing off properly, starting Oct. 7th and staying in maintainence until January. I plan to restart Phase I with alternatives. My personal reason is: I am losing more slowly than I had planned from the start of IP. The clinic states for woman 3-4 lbs/wk on average. I am averaging 1.96/lbs per week. I live in upstate NY where heating bills (and taxes) are through the roof, so I am using my IP money on that and then will come back using more cost-friendly alternatives. I am not quiting, I am going into maintainence for the holiday season, I think it is a good test run to see about different questions I may have in this Phase. BUT believe me when I say, if the winter wasn't coming or if I won the lottery, I would stay with IP products.

I also agree about restricted items, I just couldn't have them for the first 3 weeks. I believe they are part of the program for a reason, I actually have better losses the weeks I have restricted items. So, follow the diet and don't be posting "tweeks" when you are not a medical doctor or coach. We all do love new recipes though! Stay the course.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #18  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Hello everyone,

As I read this, I felt so ashamed, because I never planned to cheat, nevertheless, in the middle of the diet, life happens, and I am only human. The first time I cheated was at a work event where I was surrounded by food and where it was getting late and I was hungry and I ended up eating the wrong stuff, I felt so bad, I posted a thread about it, I got all the support, I did a bootcamp the week after and lost all that I gained.

Unfortunately, this was not the 1st and last time I cheated, it happened to me again and again over a couple of weekends while I was away from home, and even though the cheats that followed were worst than the first one, my weight gain was not, I gained just a little bit (unlike the first time where i gaine a lot) which I lost immediately after.

All that said, I am not here to say it is OK to cheat, far from it, I feel so ashamed of myself when I cheat, I feel defeated, I feel like a loser, and now even though I lost 40 pounds in a matter of 3 months, I still wish I have a magic wand to take me back so I can erase every cheat I went through cause I regret it and I regret it deeply.

All I am trying to say is, after all, we are human, we make mistakes, we learn from them, we move on, and I do not believe that anyone in here wants to put it in anybody's face that they lost while cheating, it just happened.

Sincerely.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #19  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
You've got such a great attitude Cinammon and I have no doubt you will succeed! When you're ready you're ready. It's like a light bulb going off.
I started IP last Oct. right before Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Years and all the holidays most folks would want to avoid while taking this program on. So did a lot of other folks on this list. I could not believe how easy it became to just say no, because the weight was dropping off, my energy levels were soaring and I was totally in the IP Zone.
Sounds like you've got great support around you which is a blessing.
Have a great journey with us!
I too stayed 100% on plan...through all the holidays...overnights...and even a trip to Las Vegas.

Not a bite lick or taste....but I went off before my cruise because I thought I would be done (6 months in) but changed my goal to lower.

I really have learned so much more about myself, my habits, and keeping it off since then. I had to learn to enjoy, but then jump back on....because that is what maintenance is one night off...phase 1 the next day....and maintenance before next day off.....that takes alot of will power too. This is a lifelong change in eating.

months and months back I started threads like "experienced" because the needs are so different....I really believe those just starting or with over 75% of their weight left to lose or under 4-5 months on plan really don't want to see any of the issues that come with the later stages.

I recommend to do what I did and many others have...put the blinders on...face forward...head down....face the fact that we have spent years enjoying every day with our food choices....and get it done!

Honestly I wish my journey was over....but my head is all over the place....this is so tough....I encourage everyone to make sure that you focus on your mind and body through this journey.

All our journeys will be different, but no excuses
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #20  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I too stayed 100% on plan...through all the holidays...overnights...and even a trip to Las Vegas.

Not a bite lick or taste....but I went off before my cruise because I thought I would be done (6 months in) but changed my goal to lower.

I really have learned so much more about myself, my habits, and keeping it off since then. I had to learn to enjoy, but then jump back on....because that is what maintenance is one night off...phase 1 the next day....and maintenance before next day off.....that takes alot of will power too. This is a lifelong change in eating.

months and months back I started threads like "experienced" because the needs are so different....I really believe those just starting or with over 75% of their weight left to lose or under 4-5 months on plan really don't want to see any of the issues that come with the later stages.

I recommend to do what I did and many others have...put the blinders on...face forward...head down....face the fact that we have spent years enjoying every day with our food choices....and get it done!
Honestly I wish my journey was over....but my head is all over the place....this is so tough....I encourage everyone to make sure that you focus on your mind and body through this journey.
All our journeys will be different, but no excuses
I am scared to death of maintenace. Heck, I'm scared to move to pahse 2! Good for you for keeping it off. Your last 2 paragraphs say it all!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello everyone,

As I read this, I felt so ashamed, because I never planned to cheat, nevertheless, in the middle of the diet, life happens, and I am only human. The first time I cheated was at a work event where I was surrounded by food and where it was getting late and I was hungry and I ended up eating the wrong stuff, I felt so bad, I posted a thread about it, I got all the support, I did a bootcamp the week after and lost all that I gained.

Unfortunately, this was not the 1st and last time I cheated, it happened to me again and again over a couple of weekends while I was away from home, and even though the cheats that followed were worst than the first one, my weight gain was not, I gained just a little bit (unlike the first time where i gaine a lot) which I lost immediately after.

All that said, I am not here to say it is OK to cheat, far from it, I feel so ashamed of myself when I cheat, I feel defeated, I feel like a loser, and now even though I lost 40 pounds in a matter of 3 months, I still wish I have a magic wand to take me back so I can erase every cheat I went through cause I regret it and I regret it deeply.

All I am trying to say is, after all, we are human, we make mistakes, we learn from them, we move on, and I do not believe that anyone in here wants to put it in anybody's face that they lost while cheating, it just happened.

Sincerely.
I think that shame and guilt should be reserved for truly awful things -- murder, theft...not sticking to a diet plan.

Everyone is human, this plan is very exact and may not be for everyone, but I hate to hear things like shame, guilt and cheating when talking about a diet. I think we've all had enough experience with external shaming, etc.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 191/138/135

What i've learned from IP (i'm on week 5) is that food does not control me. I choose to remain loyal to the plan- that is my journey. If someone else wants to "cheat" or "phase down" or whatever... that's their journey and their choice. it has nothing to do with me or my plan or my weight. I support everyone in thier journey, if that means helping them get back after an off-plan event- fine.

Its about being at our goal 3 years from now... not just the day we get there.
idealamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #23  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaB777 View Post
I found it very interesting I came across this thread today. I'm on day two of the program and I was initially interested in getting involved in the online community, but after seeing a lot of "Help, I can't stay on plan!" and "How do I stop Cheating?" posts I was turned off. I've been jumping around to posts that look like they might have good plan advice but the entire idea of cheating or going off program on something like Ideal Protein is a huge turn off to me. Monday with my coach I signed a contract that promised her and myself a full commitment to this protocol.

I've spent most of my life overweight and I was happy to find something that was medically driven and that actually will work. I've read so many success stories and see success in my friends lives. Getting off program or cheating is something you do on a diet, it isn't something you do when you really have made a commitment to something. You don't cheat on your husband or take a break from your marriage, and I consider this the same level of commitment that I've made to myself. I would love to see a thread started for folks to are 100% committed to that vow so us newbies could feel inspired instead of put off.

People who have committed to the program are such an inspiration and I love the stories and advice (I mean married the program, not dating or friends with benefits).

Unfortunately, I'm not much for the "sorry if this sound mean" thing. It really isn't mean, or rude, or offensive. Don't cheat on your spouse, don't cheat on yourself. It's that easy. Food is fuel.

(Note: My only exception to this would be the guy going to Italy, who's commitment to his coach was defined in the beginning. International, once in a lifetime events are a little different than my friends are coming into town for a month or it's Christmas)
Amber I created an introduction thread stop by and introduce yourself. Its a positive one

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...protein-6.html
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 229/187/185

Height: 5' 11"

"The reality is that for many of us, if we had learned not to indulge we wouldn't be here. "

I suspect the issue--for some if not all of us --is not indulging, but over-indulging.
baldchocnsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #25  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I am a mother to two little boys, neither of them are on this site. I joined this forum for advice, tips, support with doing this diet the right way. I will admit that I find the "I cheated and still lost" comments irritating. Why? I don't know, but the feeling is there. What gets me even worse are the "I can't lose the last 5 -10 lbs, cry cry cry" and then the "I totally drank wine, ate bread, etc..." I know that these posts make me feel bad, so you know what? I don't read them. There are certain members here that I "ignore". I just scroll right on past their threads without opening them and scroll past their posts. Maybe that sounds like I'm an IP/OP snob, but I don't come here to feel bad. Nothing in life is perfect, but I think the good of this forum far outweighs the bad.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I am a mother to two little boys, neither of them are on this site. I joined this forum for advice, tips, support with doing this diet the right way. I will admit that I find the "I cheated and still lost" comments irritating. Why? I don't know, but the feeling is there. What gets me even worse are the "I can't lose the last 5 -10 lbs, cry cry cry" and then the "I totally drank wine, ate bread, etc..." I know that these posts make me feel bad, so you know what? I don't read them. There are certain members here that I "ignore". I just scroll right on past their threads without opening them and scroll past their posts. Maybe that sounds like I'm an IP/OP snob, but I don't come here to feel bad. Nothing in life is perfect, but I think the good of this forum far outweighs the bad.
I agree Paint Lady! The support I have gotten from fellow IPers is wonderful and a big part of my success thus far.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

I've been OP for 9 weeks now and never had a cheat, can't even fathom putting the wrong food in my mouth. It is frustrating when people still lose after a cheat but i feel that in the long-run, they are more likely to put the weight back on.

I think that the program is simple enough and its all a matter of choice. Cheats don't just "happen", you had to make the conscious choice to put the wrong food in your mouth. And i'm sure that once you've cheated, the next one is that much easier and you stand to fall off the wagon totally.

There's a lot of great support on this board and i'm very grateful for all the help i got and try to be as helpful as i can.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldchocnsexy View Post
"The reality is that for many of us, if we had learned not to indulge we wouldn't be here. "

I suspect the issue--for some if not all of us --is not indulging, but over-indulging.
I think you're absolutely right - we will be able to indulge, within reason, when we each reach our goals
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #29  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I've been OP for 9 weeks now and never had a cheat, can't even fathom putting the wrong food in my mouth. It is frustrating when people still lose after a cheat but i feel that in the long-run, they are more likely to put the weight back on.

I think that the program is simple enough and its all a matter of choice. Cheats don't just "happen", you had to make the conscious choice to put the wrong food in your mouth. And i'm sure that once you've cheated, the next one is that much easier and you stand to fall off the wagon totally.

There's a lot of great support on this board and i'm very grateful for all the help i got and try to be as helpful as i can.
I totally agree with you especially about what you said ''And i'm sure that once you've cheated, the next one is that much easier and you stand to fall off the wagon totally'', believe me, I know cause I've been there, but should I just surrender and say that I fell off the wagon totally? NO! I will try harder and harder and harder until I master my reign over my food consumption and continue to make good choices.

I really feel bad, cause I was not as perfect as some of you who are sticking to the program 100%, but I am trying, now I am OP 100% but for a reason, with everything I am doing, I feel like I am being pointed at as if I was the bad person still losing weight after I had a cheat, I swear to God, that it is not my intention to put it in anybody's face that I still lost, it just happened that I did, not as much as if I didn't, but still did, so please give us a break and do understand, that a mistake is a mistake, it is nothing to be proud of, it is something to learn from.

I really don't want to get anyone angry or offended, this is not my intention, it is just my opinion that this site is for support, and I am thankful to be getting all the support from here, just please don't cast me out just because I slipped once (more than once), because this is what I feel lately.

I am determined from now on to report that I am OP 100%, I have challenging weekends ahead of me, but I will be prepared, I see how others are still doing it and succeeding even on the road and while travelling far, I know I can do it and I will.

to everyone
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:48 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
I totally agree with you especially about what you said ''And i'm sure that once you've cheated, the next one is that much easier and you stand to fall off the wagon totally'', believe me, I know cause I've been there, but should I just surrender and say that I fell off the wagon totally? NO! I will try harder and harder and harder until I master my reign over my food consumption and continue to make good choices.

I really feel bad, cause I was not as perfect as some of you who are sticking to the program 100%, but I am trying, now I am OP 100% but for a reason, with everything I am doing, I feel like I am being pointed at as if I was the bad person still losing weight after I had a cheat, I swear to God, that it is not my intention to put it in anybody's face that I still lost, it just happened that I did, not as much as if I didn't, but still did, so please give us a break and do understand, that a mistake is a mistake, it is nothing to be proud of, it is something to learn from.

I really don't want to get anyone angry or offended, this is not my intention, it is just my opinion that this site is for support, and I am thankful to be getting all the support from here, just please don't cast me out just because I slipped once (more than once), because this is what I feel lately.

I am determined from now on to report that I am OP 100%, I have challenging weekends ahead of me, but I will be prepared, I see how others are still doing it and succeeding even on the road and while travelling far, I know I can do it and I will.

to everyone
Sandra, nobody is pointing the finger at you and of course you should not give up, i know how much you want this. I know that some situations are harder to control than other and i know you didn't wake up one morning and think "ok today i'm going to cheat". Which is why you still got support when you needed it cause i know you felt bad.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote