Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #106  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
You look mahvelous darlink - simply mahvelous - your new confidence really shines through in the photo!!!
thanks
I always smile but now its even bigger and people think I have a boyfriend...haha....little do they know I don't....lol
Old 09-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
egg beaters are egg whites that have been colored to look like eggs. so they are the same as the egg whites in the carton.
I am not so sure about that, They say they are whole eggs. I do know though, that they are more than eggs because I am allergic to egg beaters but can eat 'real' eggs without any problems. Not sure what they put in um.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:03 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 347/310/190

Height: 5"5

Thanks  I will cut boil some eggs and take the yoke out. How many whites are u allowed as free? I would love them in my salad. 

This bad breath thing sucks I hope it doesn't last long
Old 09-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Bella - Thanks for your concerns... We are not doing to much better... Right now I am just trying to focus on myself, I am now doing things for ME... I joined a trainning session for Roller Derby to get more girlfriends, since I never really had that many frieinds in the past... It starts next Tuesday.

I feel the end coming near, but for some reason I am not to sad about this decision. I am just waiting for the right timing... FOR ME.

Good for you! You will make the right decision.

Roller derby sounds like a lot of fun and fantastic exercise.

Oh, WTG on the weight loss for the week too,especially when you were dealing with stress.
Pat
Old 09-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubu4eva30 View Post
Thanks  I will cut boil some eggs and take the yoke out. How many whites are u allowed as free? I would love them in my salad. 

This bad breath thing sucks I hope it doesn't last long
Do you have a coach (sorry I can't remember who all is doing it with a coach and who is doing alternatives). My coach says egg whites are free so I could have them every two hours if I wanted. I've only had them 2-3 times so far. Only when I'm really hungry.

RE the bad breath, have you tried the Listerine pocket packs? They're awesome, and leave a great taste in your mouth. You can also try chewing sugarless gum (if your coach allows it, mine does). I like it because it keeps my mouth busy, especially when I'm cooking dinner or something and I might absentmindedly pop something in my mouth).
Old 09-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Had my 3rd weigh in today, down 2.6lbs, wished it was more but like everyone is saying at least it is going in the right direction!

Finally started back to the gym 3 days ago, not doing much just a medium walk for 30 minutes, sure is good to get the blood flowing again
Old 09-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #112  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Had my 3rd weigh in today, down 2.6lbs, wished it was more but like everyone is saying at least it is going in the right direction!

Finally started back to the gym 3 days ago, not doing much just a medium walk for 30 minutes, sure is good to get the blood flowing again
Great job on the WI, keep it going in that direction!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:10 PM   #113  

Thanks to those talking about the tilapia fillets.... I have only ever had 1. Does everyone eat 2 ?????? Please comment .
Old 09-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

itsabouttime- You've heard it over and over and you probably had an inkling yourself even before you posted... definitely in starvation mode... not wanting to eat, headaches, not losing weight even though you're not eating all telltale signs that you're not getting enough! Fat (oil) is what helps us 'process'- I always had my best losses when I was getting at least the 2 recommended tsp's. You do not need to use it to cook your veggies you can sprinkle it on after steaming then add your salt/ seasonings. It makes the veggies much tastier! Changing up your diet is also vital for a couple different reasons but primarily to keep your body on its toes so go with bare minimum one day then max out the next or do a couple days of one and then a couple days of the other. Mix up drinking your calories with eating your calories- it's more work for your body to digest chewed food than liquid- maybe consider the crispy cereal or make breakfast muffins (this involves one packet of oatmeal, one packet of crepes and will count as your restricted- please see recipe in recipe thread if you're interested in trying them) ahead of time. This will also help to put you mentally back in the game because you need to be focused to succeed and part of that is expanding your food choices. Have peppers one day, cucumbers the next, cauliflower the next whatever works for you but change it up!!! Get out of the rut- it is absolutely vital for your mental and physical well being! You've had a great attitude and great losses- keep challenging yourself and it will pay off big time!
Bellamack- those results are fantastic! Thank you for sharing with all of us the additional health benefits besides losing weight of fully adhering to the IP program.
In regards to cheating for a day or two and then adhering for the rest of the time... this is maintenance philosophy not weight loss philosophy. So much of weight loss and maintenance success is mental strength and you gain this strength by 'exercising' your good judgement in saying no to yourself when you would have previously indulged in this or that. In encouraging yourself to keep going even when the end seems so very far away. It's making it across the finish line and then beginning again to train for the next marathon. We are in training to have healthy relationships with food and ergo our bodies. The battle doesn't end with reaching goal- it simply begins again on different ground with different challenges every tool you put in your arsenal during the weight loss phase will enhance your chances of success in maintenance... It was eye opening for me to realize how much I had been mindlessly consuming on a daily basis prior to starting IP and what a difference the support of this site made in my life. From the recipes to the advice to the good old fashioned tough love- it's been a great ride thank you all!
Just my two cents- sorry for being so long winded...
Old 09-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 347/310/190

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Do you have a coach (sorry I can't remember who all is doing it with a coach and who is doing alternatives). My coach says egg whites are free so I could have them every two hours if I wanted. I've only had them 2-3 times so far. Only when I'm really hungry.

RE the bad breath, have you tried the Listerine pocket packs? They're awesome, and leave a great taste in your mouth. You can also try chewing sugarless gum (if your coach allows it, mine does). I like it because it keeps my mouth busy, especially when I'm cooking dinner or something and I might absentmindedly pop something in my mouth).
Yes I have a coach but they say no to everything lol. I have to look for the pocket packs. Does the bad breath last long?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlhj View Post
Thanks to those talking about the tilapia fillets.... I have only ever had 1. Does everyone eat 2 ?????? Please comment .
I eat 2!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Great job on the WI, keep it going in that direction!
Thanks I plan to!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:15 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I've always eaten 2 also- it equals out to about 7 oz...
Old 09-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #119  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

From the Egg Beaters website: "If you're health-conscious and curious about the value of liquid egg products in a healthy diet, are looking for low-fat meals because you're watching your weight, or simply are looking for a healthier alternative to shell eggs, turn to Egg Beaters®. While the traditional whole egg delivers a variety of important nutrients, it also contains 5 g of fat, 75 calories, and a hefty dose of cholesterol—all of which is found in the egg yolk. Egg Beaters have no yolks, so when you choose to substitute Egg Beaters for shell eggs, you're making a smart choice for better health."
Old 09-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
If I were you I would weigh them to see how big yours are. The packages I buy have some that vary quite a lot in size, there were some at 6 ounces and then my puny one tonight at 3.5. You could also probably look at the bag (if they came in one) and see the serving size / servings per container and figure it out from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
thanks
I always smile but now its even bigger and people think I have a boyfriend...haha....little do they know I don't....lol
You can even tell a difference in your pictures, your confidence just exudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubu4eva30 View Post
Yes I have a coach but they say no to everything lol. I have to look for the pocket packs. Does the bad breath last long?
FYI, when I got the pocket packs (I used to be addicted to them when they came out a couple of years ago) they're usually in the toothbrush / mouthwash area of the store, not the gum section. Does your coach sell any sugarless gum? Mine sells a specific brand (can't remember the name) but when she went through the program she told me she chewed any sugarless gum and she was very successful. I'm already spending so much money, I couldn't see an extra $2 per pack for some gum. The kind that I have says <1 carb per piece, it was the lowest I could find, and I generally only chew it when cooking or in a situation I might be tempted to put something in my mouth.
Closed Thread