Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #106  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I posted a link to the thread about us being moved.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...m-weekend.html
Thanks I did look at the sticky after I saw Jordanna post.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #107  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Congrats, that's awsome!

Any loss is a good loss! (see wuv, i'm learning, lol)
Yes you are Busymom...lol...its a great way to think about it and be positive about it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Thanks I did look at the sticky after I saw Jordanna post.
It caught my eye because I try to read all of the threads and that one was still highlighted in Dark Blue so I knew something was up. Funny how we all have our systems of reading things or keeping track of everything.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #108  
1Sunny1

S/C/G: 241/218/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hi everyone!
I had my WI today and was totally shocked-4.6 pounds and 3 inches from my tummy in 9 days! Seriously! I am so excited to see that. I think things are really going well!! Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sunny1 View Post
Hi everyone!
I had my WI today and was totally shocked-4.6 pounds and 3 inches from my tummy in 9 days! Seriously! I am so excited to see that. I think things are really going well!! Have a great day everyone!
AWESOME job sunny.....keep it up!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #110  

I emailed Suzanne to ask her why we're being moved...It concerns me that people looking for the forum would never think to look in the mail delivery area because the majority of us do go to coaches and only a small percentage get food from idealtogo.com

Received reply from Suzanne - apparently it's for "packaged" meal systems, not just mail delivery meal systems, which is what IP also is

Last edited by jordanna; 09-15-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #111  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Hello Everyone...

So its another slow day at work... since cold and flu season hasn't arrived yet!! But I stepped on the scale this morning... and I saw a number that I havent seen in well over 5 years!! so I have now lost 50 pounds... thats basiciially a bag of cement!

So I am trying to make the best of today... I am in a pretty good mood!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Hello Everyone...

So its another slow day at work... since cold and flu season hasn't arrived yet!! But I stepped on the scale this morning... and I saw a number that I havent seen in well over 5 years!! so I have now lost 50 pounds... thats basiciially a bag of cement!

AWESOME on the 50lbs!!!...great job!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlhj View Post
Does anyone have softer nails on IP? I would think the protein would make the nails strong??
My nails have never looked better actually.

Quote:
Hi everyone!
Quote:
Hello Everyone...

Congrats you two!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #114  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yes you are Busymom...lol...its a great way to think about it and be positive about it!!

It caught my eye because I try to read all of the threads and that one was still highlighted in Dark Blue so I knew something was up. Funny how we all have our systems of reading things or keeping track of everything.
Yes it is funny cause I only look up there when I need to find a recipe I hit ideal protein and go right to the threads. Thanks.

Quote:
Hi everyone!
That is great Sunny. I am excited for you. I remember that feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I emailed Suzanne to ask her why we're being moved...It concerns me that people looking for the forum would never think to look in the mail delivery area because the majority of us do go to coaches and only a small percentage get food from idealtogo.com

Received reply from Suzanne - apparently it's for "packaged" meal systems, not just mail delivery meal systems, which is what IP also is
okay sooo isn't jenny craig packaged stuff? Interesting.

Quote:
Hello Everyone...

Congrats that is great, I am proud of you keep up the good work.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #115  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
okay sooo isn't jenny craig packaged stuff? Interesting.
Yep! The forum you're moving into is the same one that has threads for Jenny Craig (along with Medifast, Nutrisystem, etc)
Old 09-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Yep! The forum you're moving into is the same one that has threads for Jenny Craig (along with Medifast, Nutrisystem, etc)
Love your quote about failure! I'm stealing it.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #117  

Height: 5'6"

Got my hair done and was feelin sassy til I got home and found a lovely message from the dootyheaded kid's mom telling me I need to get a life because it wasn't that big of a deal. Can someone please tell me how you can have kids and not know them at all??? OI!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
Got my hair done and was feelin sassy til I got home and found a lovely message from the dootyheaded kid's mom telling me I need to get a life because it wasn't that big of a deal. Can someone please tell me how you can have kids and not know them at all??? OI!
I like it!!!...cute cut!!.....some parents are clueless
Old 09-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Soup Recipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
I'm not to excited about the soups and that's all I bought for lunches this week

Heading over to check out the recipe thread to figure out what to do with all these soups!!
Interesting to me to hear so many people dont like the soups. I rarely if ever eat them as instructed though.

Click for Pix and Recipes.

I almost always add more water, then add up to 2 cups of roasted cauliflower or a mix of Cauli + Broccoli or just Broccoli and buzz it in the blender til smooth. If I am adding Spinach, then I dont add as much extra water (or do a spinach + cauliflower blend). This makes the soup much thicker (almost like pea soup) and creamy.

I have also added grilled mushrooms (with rosemary or thyme) to the mushroom soup (with a healthy mushroom to soup ratio so its more like a sauce)

I also add a bunch of "heat" to the soups. I usually dust the cauliflower with hot chili powder (I get mine from Indian spice store) and drop Mild Tabasco (green) on the broccoli. Then I add some Mrs. Dash (Herbamare in finland), a pinch of flaked sea salt, and a bunch of black pepper or rose pepper.

At least for me, I make the soup in the evening, then bring it to work the next day to microwave. Because the extra water and the extra vegetables give you 3x the portion, I find it filling and super easy to take with me to heat up. (Trying to bring 2 cups veggies plus salad something IP to satisfy for the work day was hard. Combining the soup with the veggies killed 2 birds with one stone) I always blend the veggies if taking to work. If eating at home, I'll mix up blending with not blending and adding veggies directly to the soup.

Here are my fave mixes:

Chicken (BLENDER: Roasted Cauliflower + Broccoli with extra hot spices / or NOT BLENDED: Lots of Roasted Broccoli with a little less water in soup for sauce)
Leek (BLENDER: Spinach / Spinach + Cauliflower / Broccoli... all good)
Mushroom (NOT BLENDED: Grilled Mushrooms (using less water in soup for sauce)

There was another thread about using the soups to coat the veggies before griling to make a flavourful mashed cauliflower or just a zing to the taste of normal veggies. Or you can try using the mushroom soup to make a Green Bean Casserole

But I think the secret is adding more veggies or spices (especially hot spices ) to the soups to make them sing.

Last edited by FinnSteven; 09-15-2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: added links to the recipes
Old 09-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Yesterday I bought my self one of those bullet blenders but its not the real bullet. Its a GE and I only paid $20 for it at walmart. I used it last night for my pudding and added ice to it....amazing!!! did my cappachino this morning.....even better.....Doesn't look like I will be using my shaker as much that is for sure!
What an awesome idea!! I've always had trouble with pudding since they get so thick so fast I can never get all the clumps out with my shaker. I need to get one of these!

Quote:
Hello Everyone...

Congrats!!! That's an awesome milestone to hit!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
Interesting to me to hear so many people dont like the soups. I rarely if ever eat them as instructed though.
Wow, thank you so much for all of the suggestions!! I have a blender I just never think to break it out for this. I will totally be trying some of those this week!
Closed Thread