3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Vacation-weight gain (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/242829-vacation-weight-gain.html)

amaliayosa 09-11-2011 11:52 AM

Vacation-weight gain

Wow, can someone tell me how one can gain 7 pounds in 5 days. It was very difficult staying on plan. I blew it a few times but didn't go nuts at all. Here I am back hoe and up 7 freakin' pounds! Ouch! Back on plan today. But geeeeeez.

gettinmygrooveback 09-11-2011 12:42 PM

Bottom line....you have been following very strict, low carb/calorie unbalanced diet and you cheated....what do you expect your body to do? You are retaining fluid and you woke your pancreas up the wrong way and that's exactly what it's telling you. If you haven't done so yet, READ Dr. Tran's booklet (pdf link found at the bottom of the first post on every daily thread). There is a reason this diet has phases and without working through those phases, you will undoubtedly regain the weight you worked so hard to lose. Everyone needs to understand why Phase 3 is probably the most important phase on this diet.

Read the booklet, get your mindset back, follow the program as it was written and then enjoy the success that so many others before us have.

disgal 09-11-2011 02:26 PM

Take a deep breath....and dust yourself off!! :hug: As long as you go right back on Phase 1 you will be OK!!! It will take a few days, maybe even a WEEK....but it WILL come off again, and then some! ;) (This was my experience the few times I cheated back when I was in Phase 1). Don't get discouraged...this is how we learn from our actions. AND...if you find you can "get right back on the horse" now...then you've already started to learn how you will maintain your weightloss when you're done!! :carrot:
Best wishes!!

amaliayosa 09-11-2011 03:35 PM

Thanks! Yes, I am getting right back on. I am not too discouraged because this is life, and I have a lifetime of vacations ahead of me. It's learning to not get discouraged, but continue on. There will always be situations we find ourselves in where we will gain some weight. I think the key is going to be not to linger there and throw away all that was lost. Thanks again!

darbs7 09-11-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amaliayosa (Post 4028543)
Thanks! Yes, I am getting right back on. I am not too discouraged because this is life, and I have a lifetime of vacations ahead of me. It's learning to not get discouraged, but continue on. There will always be situations we find ourselves in where we will gain some weight. I think the key is going to be not to linger there and throw away all that was lost. Thanks again!

Did you drink....I drink way too much on vacation and 7-12 pounds (depending on the length) is completely in the norm...within 3-5 days of return with clean eating....usually all is gone....always.

michelletroy 09-11-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amaliayosa (Post 4028543)

Hey Amy...first I am sorry you gained that much on your vacation, but I also know that you can succeed in getting it all back off! It is also good that you are not letting it get to you too much because that could definitely make it harder to get it back off (beating yourself up doesn't really help ;)) I know that I always gained weight when I took vacations and some of the reasons were: 1. not drinking enough water, 2. getting too much sun (this dehydrates the muscles), 3. not having adequate BM's, and of course 4. not eating as good as I should (splurging on desserts here and there and so forth). Just keep your chin up!! We are all here for you :hug:

~Michelle

Pauley 09-11-2011 10:52 PM

Having done it myself, my advice to you is drink a TON of water over the next couple days and don't weigh yourself until Wed. or so.

amaliayosa 09-11-2011 11:13 PM

Thanks girls :) I did drink wine, and a few beers. Split one dessert, stayed away from complex carbs etc, but blew it with fats and sauces. I will up my water fr sure!