Old 09-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/171/150

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Need Motivation On Ip Please!!

Hi! This is my first time posting. I have been on IP for 3 months and I have lost 30lbs! YAY! I'm so happy I feel good and I haven't been this size in a long time. So what's the problem? I fell off the wagon last weekend and I'm really struggling get back on track! It hasn't been anything major but I'm sure it will slow my progress and then I'm afraid I will lose motivation and ruin everything I have worked so hard for. I still want to lose 20lbs. I had a glass of wine and I keep putting a little cheese on my salad. I'm exercising more, I'm doing a 10k on Oct.2 and walking a half marathon on Oct.16. So I'm hungrier and my husband worries that I need more fuel (carbs). He is running the full marathon and is very supportive. Everyday I think I will on track and no cheating! I have slipped everyday this week. What do I need to do?? Change it up or add something and not beat myself up so much? It is a mental war going on inside of my head. Here is a perfect IP day for me....

breakfast: coffee w/ skim and splenda and vanilla peanut butter bar, then take supplements

midmorning: chocolate shake

lunch: lettuce cucmbers peppers grilled chk or tuna

dinner: fish (salmon) and steamed broccoli

around 8pm shake or pudding

any thoughts or suggestions? Anyone else just get a little burned out but really want this??
Meat and potatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7'

I wonder if you are getting enough food if you are training for a 10K run and a 1/2 marathon walk. I see that ppl who are exercising have at least another IP meal- I see that you are eating 4 IP a day, but maybe you need ot bump up to 5 IP packets a day?

I am totally guessing here, so please don't think i'm giving expert advice. I'm just thinking that it's better to 'cheat' with a good protein that to totally go off plan.
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #3  

I congratulate you for your weight loss so far.

I've only been on the diet for 1 month so I will tell you what I would do if I were in your shoes. I have stopped working out to focus on the weight this last few weeks but plan to add some exercise in mid-Sept. However, I have done 10K, and one 1/2 marathon in 2010 and I know what the training, and what you need to endure. I'll be honest...if it were me doing the 1/2 I would not be following IP Diet perse. I may apply some concepts of healthy eating, of course, but maybe focus on the training for the half marathon and keeping the same weight. After finishing the 1/2 marathon, I would go out and enjoy a nice juicy cheeseburger with beer and friends. Then start IP again the following day.

My coach has also recommended to have a 4th packet of IP Food if indeed I decide to workout. But the recommendation of a workout is not something as strenuous as a 1/2 marathon (or training for it). It's more of a 30min walk or light weights workout, etc.

Just consider how your body is feeling during your runs while training, consider weather, crowds, excitement..all of that may or may not affect your performance during race day. You definitely don't want to be one of those participants that end up being picked up by an ambulance during the race.

Take care of yourself and hope you reach the finish line with awesome time!
useruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/171/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks. I'm actually having a bar and then 2 shakes. So 3 IP's a day. Maybe I should bump up to 4. Just struggling a bit right now but, I have not cheated today!
Meat and potatos is offline   Reply With Quote