Old 09-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/178/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Anyone else disappointed?

Has anyone else been disappointed with their clinic? IP is VERY new to my area, I was only the third person to join. And while my coach is a very sweet girl she isn't a medical professional and the clinic is through a chiropractor's office. So as you can imagine I don't have any blood work done, I've never been measured, and worst of all when I went to get food yesterday (my coach is out of town so no check in) there were no chocolate drink mixes or vanilla peanut crunch bars which are the staple of my diet!!! I thought about doing Idealtogo.com but they won't let me because I've already visited a clinic and it's against their rules. I personally think it would benefit IP as a company to let people do it online as opposed to quitting all together. I have been very happy with my results but I feel like for the money I'm paying to be on this program the service should be the same for everyone! I'm thinking about switching to alternative products at this point.
TeamBelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:19 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7'

Hi - I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your clinic. My clinic is also not with a doctor's office so I haven't had any bloodwork.

I guess the difference with my clinic is that the owner and all the coaches I've seen there have all done IP and been successful.

This is a very expensive diet, however, don't let the lack of customer service/knowledge deter your weight loss. This forum has so much information and experienced people that can hopefuly supplement your coach (or lack thereof!).

As for alternatives, I kind of mix some alternatives with the IP food and still have good losses.
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #3  

My coach has been on the diet 3 weeks longer than me so I feel like we're both learning together. The official Ideal Protein facebook page basically told me not to use this forum! They said a lot of information on here is wrong, but if I don't get answers from here I probably won't get them at all.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #4  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

There are 2 coaches in my office. I see one of the coaches, my husband and sister see the other coach. You would be amazed at how different these two coaches are. One of these coaches said that we couldn't eat any frozen vegetables because they had carbs in them. She stressed that anything that came with a label had to be 0/0/0. I think IP coaches should have some basic understanding of nutrition, or at least be aware that vegetables naturally have carbs. I do like this diet, but I don't think I particularly care for the business aspect of it. It seems like any old "joe" can be a coach as long as they're selling the product and making money. It's amazing to me how different the coaches are. It seems there is no standard.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #5  

There doesn't seem to be a real standard for what is required of the coaches which is disappointing. When I started researching alternative products I couldn't believe the price difference. I'm paying $27 a box for food and I can find almost exactly the same stuff online for $12.50 a box. I understand it is a business and especially since they have to run through a clinic that all costs money. I was especially put off that whoever admins their facebook page discouraged the use of this forum.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBelder View Post
There doesn't seem to be a real standard for what is required of the coaches which is disappointing. When I started researching alternative products I couldn't believe the price difference. I'm paying $27 a box for food and I can find almost exactly the same stuff online for $12.50 a box. I understand it is a business and especially since they have to run through a clinic that all costs money. I was especially put off that whoever admins their facebook page discouraged the use of this forum.
Where can you find $12.50 per box? I also pay $27/box which I didn't mind too much. It's the supplements that I think are through the roof! I'm not sure what's so special about, for example, the omega 3 from IP when sometimes my local pharmacy has 2 for 1 offers for the same product. I still buy the IP product but always wonder.
useruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 137/127/117

Height: 5'2"

My coach went through the entire program and he is a Chiropractor also! The only thing I have ever really questioned from him is why he didn't want me working out until I was ready to move to phase 2 (which is about 5 pounds away for me) but I went against his wishes and workout anyways But I too have chosen alternative products because this was definitely draining my bank account faster than I could EVER imagine and I also bought my own Tanita scale. So, basically I go to him now every week to do my measurements (I tried this on myself and decided I suck at it LOL) because I won't need to buy anymore products from him thanks to all of the support of this forum and the wonderful people here

~Michelle

michelletroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 164/147.5/138

Hey there, I'm pretty sure the reason they don't want us to exercise on Phase 1 is because our calorie count is so low - 600-900 a day - that it's pretty easy to make yourself sick exercising if you aren't careful. Just think that a 20 minute run could negate over a 3rd of your daily intake... and your body still does have to survive...
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #9  

My coach is sweet and supportive but I have a really hard time knowing that she gained all of her weight back. She says things like "I am so embarrassed" and "I really need to start". And I think yes you should! You are scaring the crap out of me that I might not be able to keep the weight off either. Ig it weren't for this forum and all of the successes I see here I aj sure I wouldn't have started ideal protein. I am so grateful!

I didn't get blood work done either. That is fine with me.
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 137/127/117

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaXOXO View Post
My coach is sweet and supportive but I have a really hard time knowing that she gained all of her weight back. She says things like "I am so embarrassed" and "I really need to start". And I think yes you should! You are scaring the crap out of me that I might not be able to keep the weight off either. Ig it weren't for this forum and all of the successes I see here I aj sure I wouldn't have started ideal protein. I am so grateful!

I didn't get blood work done either. That is fine with me.
Wow! See my coach is the total opposite!! He shows me all of his pictures of progression and even his chart now...he is very proud of his accomplishments and we talk about what meals he felt worked best for him and all...the only "qualm" I have is about working out but he knows there is no stopping me
michelletroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I have worked out while on ip and have had no problems. If you were doing it before then you should continue. If not, eventually you will probably need to consider starting...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/182/135

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey Team Belder! That sucks they were out of your faves it would be a lot easier if you could order online I agree with that! Whenever I'm stuck with a food I don't really like (i tried the strawberry pudding.....gross) I try and tell myself "ok this is just for the nourishment of my body", and try to quit thinking I only eat food bc it tastes good. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it helps me sometimes-hopefully it will for you too! I hate you aren't getting much support from your clinic, but if you need a diet buddy I'm here for you! I noticed we are around the same start weight/now weight/goal weight, so good luck!! I finally figured out how to post, had to confirm through my email *duh*, lol!
blairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 191/138/135

That's not cool- my coach is awesome! there is a chiropracter in town that does IP, but I go to a clinic with a single coach. She's done the program and is on maintenance now. She's so supportive- she actually sends text messages every few days to encourage her clients! I can text questions if needed also.

I've been walking and feel fine. I've tried to run, but don't have the energy for it. I do short drills after walking and squats, stuff like that. I'm just careful not to do too much.
idealamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Has anyone else been disappointed with their clinic? IP is VERY new to my area, I was only the third person to join. And while my coach is a very sweet girl she isn't a medical professional and the clinic is through a chiropractor's office. So as you can imagine I don't have any blood work done, I've never been measured, and worst of all when I went to get food yesterday (my coach is out of town so no check in) there were no chocolate drink mixes or vanilla peanut crunch bars which are the staple of my diet!!! I thought about doing Idealtogo.com but they won't let me because I've already visited a clinic and it's against their rules. I personally think it would benefit IP as a company to let people do it online as opposed to quitting all together. I have been very happy with my results but I feel like for the money I'm paying to be on this program the service should be the same for everyone! I'm thinking about switching to alternative products at this point.
Try checking the alternative thread and seeing what products people are using on their own. The support here is tremendous (whether you're on pure IP or alternatives) and to be honest, with my new job I haven't seen my coach in almost two months. Hubby is on the diet with me, and he just picks up my food when he goes. My clinic doesn't do blood work, but does measure every week. My coach is a sweetie-pie, but her knowledge is very limited. I get all the info, support and motivation I need here.
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I know its tuff if you don't get the support and help you need...when I was losing weight I came to this blog and it really help me...please stay focused..and tell the doctor you have concerns...and voice them..it will help the clinic get better and it will help you stay on program..plus they need to take your pictures and measure you...ask them to..
please speak up this is your journey ..I now run a clinic in San Antonio after losing 70 lbs..I want to be the best I can be for my clients..and I really hope I make a difference for them...
JudoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote