3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   This is my first day!! wish me luck (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/242563-my-first-day-wish-me-luck.html)

mamarenee 09-07-2011 06:55 AM

This is my first day!! wish me luck

Good morning.
Im sitting in my bed having my cup of black coffee. I suppose I will get used to drinking it black! Im excited to start this new way eating.
Im nervous I will miss food a lot!
One day at a time:)
Have a good day everyone

Fluffygirl1976 09-07-2011 07:12 AM

Good morning...I am starting tomorrow!! Good luck to you today and let me know how it goes! I am so nervous! I hope I can do this!

NavyMommy 09-07-2011 08:18 AM

Good morning! It's my first day as well. I have my coffee with Splenda and some skim milk which my coach said was okay. I'm actually going to go out today and get the EAS Carb Control alternative and try to use that as creamer. Good luck!!

mamarenee 09-07-2011 08:32 AM

Great! Lets keep each other posted!!!
Just had the crispy cereal.....pleasantly surprised but doubtful it will keep me feeling content for 4 hours.....I will drink LOTS of water!
Talk to you later
Renee

M0vingon 09-07-2011 08:34 AM

Good luck! Day 1 turns into day 101 really fast. You'll do great!

Paint Lady 09-07-2011 08:59 AM

I found I was a little "hungry" on day 1. Our body is missing all of that junk we were putting into it. Make sure you drink all of your water, get all of your salt and oil in. Sip on some hot tea sprinkled with cinnamon if you feel like you are about to eat something off plan. By Day 2, it was smooth sailing for me. I'm just finishing my 5th week and my hunger has returned, so I am reverting back to the tea method myself.

I used the 1 tsp of skim milk in my coffee on Day 1 and couldn't even tell it was there. I use 1 splenda now, and have gotten used to it. That may be my recipe for life. It probably should be. I used to put 2 tsps sugar, 2 tsps non-dairy creamer and a splash of flavored creamer in every cup of coffee. I used to drink more coffee in a day than most people have in a week.

sandralosingweight 09-07-2011 09:09 AM

Congratulations on your choice of IP for your weight loss.

It was only like yesterday that I started and now I am on my 9th week, I already lost 36 pounds.

You'll see, it will go by quickly especially that you will be seeing results quickly.

JackieGee 09-07-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamarenee (Post 4023169)
Good morning.
Im sitting in my bed having my cup of black coffee. I suppose I will get used to drinking it black! Im excited to start this new way eating.
Im nervous I will miss food a lot!
One day at a time:)
Have a good day everyone

Welcome.

a) you will get used to drinking it black. I was a cream and sweetener person and now I doubt if I'll go back to that.

b) On this diet, suprirsingly, as long as you stick with it and DON'T CHEAT, you will be suprised at how little you miss food. I absolutely didn't believe that a drink would keep me from starving five minutes later but I can go many hours on just one IP packet. In fact I often wonder if there is some kind of appetite minimizing drug in the packets.

c) I started my first day with crispy cereal. I remember thinking 'CRISPY cereal and you just add WATER?" How does that work? Yuck! And again I was surprised to find that it was exactly like rice crispies with skim milk. and even more surprised to find that I didn't get hungry before I wanted to have lunch. I don't really like cereal and milk so that was my first and last time having that for breakfast. My fav breakfast now is the vanilla ready to drink blended with ice and a spoonful of coffee.

Good luck!

JackieGee 09-07-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4023238)
Good morning! It's my first day as well. I have my coffee with Splenda and some skim milk which my coach said was okay. I'm actually going to go out today and get the EAS Carb Control alternative and try to use that as creamer. Good luck!!

Welcome. Skim milk in my coffee was too disgusting. I tried putting a vanilla drink in it but really - I got used to having it black with a splenda so fast that I didn't even finish one vanilla drink as creamer.

Pauley 09-07-2011 09:30 AM

Good luck to all of you newbies! You won't miss food when you see the pounds melting away. The first week or so is pretty rough, but then the hunger subsides and the results appear to make it all worthwhile.

I'm on week 10 and still putting my EAS vanilla in my coffee in the morning. I think I might stick with that as breakfast when I phase off.

jennydoodle 09-07-2011 10:10 AM

Good luck to all you just starting. A couple of tips:

1). Keep with it! No matter how bad the cravings, the crabbiness and headaches get. Power through those first couple of days. Once you get into ketosis, it is a WHOLE NEW WORLD. Seriously, do not give into the cravings.

2). Water, water and more water

3). Lettuce is your friend. It will get you through the hunger.

4). DO NOT be afraid to eat up to 5 packets a day in your first week. The first week is about getting through. You will still lose weight.

5). Eat salads with lunch and dinner, in addition to your veggies. It will help you feel fuller, longer.

6). Pickles are good choice if you are having cravings for salty and crunchy.

7). A couple of hard boiled egg whites (whites, only!) to get you to your next meal will help curb your hunger.

8). Keep coming to 3FC, check in on the daily thread, ask questions or ask for support. Someone is always around to give you support and motivation.

Before you know it, you will be an old pro and it will be day 101.

NavyMommy 09-07-2011 01:53 PM

Just getting back to this thread. How are you doing OP? I had the Peach Mango drink (the powder) for breakfast and it was really good. I had a busy morning though so if I was hungry I didn't have time to notice :)

I'm eating the Mushroom soup as we speak for lunch. It's actually pretty good. I added ~1c. mushrooms that I sauteed in 1/2 tsp oil and some fresh thyme. I'm going to also have a cup of broccoli. Feeling a little nauseous as I'm eating, hoping that will go away.

Dinner will be a broiled tilapia with seasonings and maybe more broccoli, or some cauliflower. Then my snack will be a Raspberry Jelly that's already set up in the fridge :)

One thing I did this morning before I hit the store was go through my pantry / fridge and clear out all the 'mommy food' that I couldn't eat. That way I don't have my typical 'diet food' crying out for me. I also went to the commissary and stocked up on good veggies and lean meats for dinners for the week.

Excited to see how I feel by the end of tonight. Thanks for the tip on coffee!! I bought a 4-pack of the EAS drinks to use as a creamer but I might just try it with Splenda tomorrow and see how it goes.

bingbangboom 09-07-2011 01:56 PM

Thanks everyone for the tips and tricks. I started IP diet 1 week ago and found I had lost 6 pounds first week. Exciting!!!! However, I am having a real had time going to sleep. I'm getting 2, maybe 3 hours a night. Any tips for this? I hate taking sleeping pills as they whack me out for the rest of the next day. Help!!!

ExPiglet2 09-07-2011 02:00 PM

Welcome! I'm starting week 8 and I'm down almost 20lbs, this works, just take it one day at a time, sometimes I take it one hour at a time, lol.

Good luck! You're gonna feel and look awesome very soon :)

mamarenee 09-07-2011 02:38 PM

Wow! So nice to see all these great responses! Thank you everyone for the advice!!! I will check back in later. I am so happy this is such a supportive group of people. :0)