Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Good morning everyone! Thank goodness for school today. My house is quiet again! We spent all day outside yesterday. We only had small limbs to pick up all over the place and that didn't take too long. I still have some standing water in my pastures, but everything else has drained well. The kids were so glad to get out of the house and I was very thankful of that as well. We slept with the windows open last night. I am actually cold this morning. I am sitting at the computer wrapped in a blanket drinking my coffee.
Ok, I've read on here that some people experience hunger around the 4th or 5th week. I am starving!! I'm 100% OP, am still not allowed any restricted veggies or IP foods. I eat my meals and am full, but an hour or so later, I am really hungry, my stomach even growls. I am consuming lots and lots of water, way more than the minumum amount. I am taking the multi vitamins, cal/mag, and potassium/calcium when I am supposed to. I only use 1 splenda in the morning in my coffee. I rarely use WF products because I don't really like them. Maybe a drizzle of salad dressing every 3 or 4 days. I am eating lettuce with most of my lunches and dinners. Does this hunger go away again or will I feel like this for a while? I am missing the way I felt in the last 4 weeks for sure.
Keep your eyes on the prize Paint Lady...I remember my stomach actually waking me up in the middle of the night. It contracted and made such a strange loud noise that even the cats jumped up from slumbering beside me (at 3:00 am) to look around wondering what the noise was. Hunger comes and goes with this diet for sure just keep reminding yourself why you're doing this. As to the cold, OMGosh I'm always COLD now...:/

I just finished reading the Beck Diet Solution this weekend...what a fantastic read/listen. I listened to it while staining 200 feet of fence in my yard (UGH!). Three days of staining and still not completely done (one more coat on one section that's just to much in the sun). Anyways, about the book! lol I will listen to it numerous times but it's something that EVERYONE should listen to (or read). Go get it and read it, or download it and listen to it...W-O-W. She makes so much sense...it's a book about cognitive behaviour - changing our behaviour in relation to food.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

PS - very good weekend as my football team finally won a game (sorry Sherwood had to share...tee hee)
Old 09-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #17  

Height: 5'6"

Well I didn't get a whoosh fairy but I did get a big C fairy, wucky me!!! I sooo don't want to do WI this afternoon, I may just skip the WI part and just grab my packets and go. This is getting really frustrating for me, I hate being frustrated. It's so hard to stay focused any more.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #18  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

New guy here, week 5 weigh in coming up in about an hour Weekend of camping and boating, sure was tempted to cheat but made it through thankfully. Family is supportive but hard when you have an RV full of teenagers all munching.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Guy View Post
New guy here, week 5 weigh in coming up in about an hour Weekend of camping and boating, sure was tempted to cheat but made it through thankfully. Family is supportive but hard when you have an RV full of teenagers all munching.
Welcome Y Guy!!! Congrats on getting the upper hand on those munching teenagers and their "metabolisms"!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

JoLo (and Maile) - same here been studying the next phases all weekend, I'm surprised you say easier because I feel like it is going to be so much more work and grocery planning! I say just like in Ph1 don't let one cheat encourage you to completely de-rail and you will be ok. OR use the 1 cheat day we are allowed in Ph4 to keep you on track for the other 6 days. That's what I'm hoping will save me.

Granby - In my opinion you can make a hot chocolate with the choco drink or with the choco pudding, both good. Obviously add extra water with the pudding. Experiment with adding coffee, stevia or other extracts/WF syrups (caramel/choco)
Remember - the proteins are touchy when heating, do in small increments like the soup.

My favorite dinner is by far a stir fry. Mine includes chicken, bean sprouts, broccoli, celery, snow peas, onions (don't caramelize) low-sodium soy sauce, WF Asian Dressing, sesame seeds. Yum! I often have it for lunch to without the chicken for Ph1.

gettinmygroove - Those eggies look really cool but I just make 7 at a time in my Kalorik egg cooker at the start of the week and I don't find it too bad to crack them open to eat them during the week.

Bellamack and Paint Lady - I so badly want to sew but I cannot find the time. I'm determined that at least part of baby's Halloween costume I sew.

The weekend was wonderful. Hubby got to spend some time with us girls (he has been working 60+ hours/wk.) We got some things cleaned up in the yard and patio and I made 4 large batches of baby food and got them froze. Sweet Potatoes, Zucchini, Applesauce & Blueberries. It was for sure tempting to want to eat a fresh baked sweet potato and fresh steamed apples! But I survived it. We got the camper cleaned up and put away I'm ready to get back into mommy and me daily routine though.

Today is weigh in day and it's gonna be good. I'm so close now I can taste it, no pun intended. Hoping I can stay on track for these last pounds. I did a couple of phase 2 days and I hate it. I just want my packet for lunch LOL. I will probably skip out with coach b/c I just ordered some alternatives for the first time. Very excited to save some money. I was able to buy more WF and DaVinci things I wanted due to the money saved. I will go in when I need supplements or possibly just for the cereal and gelatin.

Hoping to get fall decorations up today or tomorrow, but I need some pumpkins/gourds for the yard and not sure if they have them in the stores yet or not.
Other than that it is grocery day.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Today is weigh in day and it's gonna be good. I'm so close now I can taste it, no pun intended.
Congratulations on being so very close!!! I'll have my fingers crossed for you!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #22  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good morning everyone! Thank goodness for school today. My house is quiet again! We spent all day outside yesterday. We only had small limbs to pick up all over the place and that didn't take too long. I still have some standing water in my pastures, but everything else has drained well. The kids were so glad to get out of the house and I was very thankful of that as well. We slept with the windows open last night. I am actually cold this morning. I am sitting at the computer wrapped in a blanket drinking my coffee.
Ok, I've read on here that some people experience hunger around the 4th or 5th week. I am starving!! I'm 100% OP, am still not allowed any restricted veggies or IP foods. I eat my meals and am full, but an hour or so later, I am really hungry, my stomach even growls. I am consuming lots and lots of water, way more than the minumum amount. I am taking the multi vitamins, cal/mag, and potassium/calcium when I am supposed to. I only use 1 splenda in the morning in my coffee. I rarely use WF products because I don't really like them. Maybe a drizzle of salad dressing every 3 or 4 days. I am eating lettuce with most of my lunches and dinners. Does this hunger go away again or will I feel like this for a while? I am missing the way I felt in the last 4 weeks for sure.
I think everyone is different, I too had hunger for a while then nothing, but now on phase 2 I am hungry at 11:30 every day... what I did when I was in phase 1 is if I was hungry I would have an herbal tea and then wait 10 min and if I was still hungry I would have some lettuce, sometimes it is just the crunch of fresh lettuce that I needed. It does go away, I think it goes in stages... sometime when you have been on the diet for a while your body seems to need more..

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Happy Tuesday-that-feels-like-a-Monday everyone!

Welcome Granby!

I'm off work again today, which sucks because I miss the structure. I'm plannig a lot of errands and whatnot today to keep me busy. I had a really rough weekend. I wanted to eat non-stop. I haven't felt that way in many months. I'd prefer to avoid that battle today, so I'm staying busy.

Tomorrow is WI and I haven't lost an ounce I'm unsure what to do. I sure do miss the days when I lost daily!

I'm off to a Pilates class this morning- maybe that will shake things up a bit. LOL Have a great day everyone!
That is so why I try not to weigh myself... I made the mistake this week, was down 2 lbs last week, so what do I do "lets see how much more I lost hoping for 3 more" yep back up the 2 lbs.... I kick myself every time I weigh myself as it is never good... and then I second guess everything I put in my mouth even though I am OP all the time. It just seems the weeks when I don't have an official weigh in is when I weigh myself and nothing good happens... I am going to stop doing that... and let the program work.

Good morning Everyone, those who are joining us Welcome!, Great NSVs and SV this week wish to you all. I am back at work and have become really absent minded, got everything ready for lunch this morning and forgot my breakfast.... was a little stressed this morning trying to get my old dog to eat. She has become quite finicky and have tried everything from baby food, cottage cheese, boiled hamburger, chicken... cooked brown rice. So this mornings experiment was bbq chicken (nope), boiled hambuger (nope) baby food roast beef and pasta (nope), peanut butter (a little) and finally she licked nutracal off my finger. Would love to just leave some food out but my other dog doesn't need extra and would eat it. Her poor stomach was growling loud and I knew she needed something. So after all the experimenting I was late leaving the house and got about 20 blocks away and realized I had NO packet for breakfast... and with me being on a cleanse I need something... debated turning around but would be late for work so I hoped I had something in the office. Got to the office... nope.... so I emailed a friend who is in maintenance and luckily she has some cereal here so am borrowing that for her. I am ever so happy for lots of people here on it or in maintenance... so when you are having a bad day there is someone here to help... Wish you all success and have friends like mine.

kind of a NSV - lady at Tim Horton's has said I have to stop losing weight now. Of course I smiled and nodded and know what is under my clothes and know that there is still some more that needs to come off before I am finished.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

WOW I made 16 cups of Kale chips this weekend and they are already gone!! My oldest daughter LOVES them. She brings a big container to school to keep in her locker and by Wed they are all gone. I think it is great that she will eat them. She does not like veggies in general. Her friends have been putting in requests for them also haha. I use my dehydrator to make them because I am real bad about spacing off the oven and then burning them.

I started to get a real bad chest cold yesterday and don't know how I am going to eat everything I need to today. My throat is killing me and I have no desire to eat anyting. It took me 1 1/2 hours to eat my breakfast drink I made cauliflour rice pudding in the weekend thread for lunch today. I had to have a little taste and it is beyond awsome! It made so much! I only used 1/4 tsp splenda but it is real sweet from the pudding already.

On that note I think I got sick because I have not been OP 100% for about 2 1/2 weeks tho and it has caused my body to be out of wack. It is so hard to stay on track after a cheat. Your body gets so messed up and it is a vicious cycle. I would start each day OP and then by the end of the day totaly blow it. I put my foot down on Friday and NO MORE. I am just going to have to get over the withdrawl or I will never get this finished. It is of course much worse than the first time tho because you know what hard work it is to get back into ketosis. I have gained a total of 8 pounds since I figured. In reality tho I have set myself back those 2 1/2 weeks PLUS the week it is going to take to get settled in ketosis. I did read the thread on the real cost of cheating and it is so true.

Good luck everyone and I hope it is a good day
Old 09-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #24  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
I really wish I could sew. I taught myself how to knit a couple of years ago, but can really only knit scarves and I rarely finish one. I've probably completed 4 total in that time and I have 3 or 4 started ones lying in a drawer. The only time I really sit still is when I'm on the computer. I don't even watch TV.
Hello Paint Lady,

You can learn practically everything from youtube. I learnt how to crochet from there, never had anyone I know to teach me, and I wanted to learn, I can tell you now, I did much more than a scarf and a much more than a hat with wonderful flowers on them and I love doing crochet more than knitting. So I am sure you can learn to sew by looking at videos on youtube and searching what you'd like to do, start by something simple.

Good luck.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #25  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good day all, had a great OP plan weekend even with all the temptations I put myself through, but I did get to go clothes shopping again, had to get some more pants as the ones i bought 2 weeks ago are already too big, finally fit into an 8!!!!!

Last edited by colley; 09-06-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #26  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Well back to work! I am very very pleased with how I stayed pretty much OP while I was away. I resisted some of the foods I love a lot - very yummy crackers and dip, little brownies (the 2 bite type), birthday cake, pasta and seafood, wine, beer. I was perfect - pretty much. And this morning I weighed myself and I'm down 1.9 lbs since the day before I left. so I am happy. Now if I could just take off another pound before my wi tomorrow - that would be great. So today is going to be a heavy duty bootcamp day.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #27  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Actually, I have to say the worst temptation I felt was on the plane coming home. I was on Porter and they serve good stuff. I saw people around me ordering wine and beer and having sandwiches and I was hungry! The sandwiches were on thin buns which I love. I considered getting one and just eating the insides but I figured I wouldn't be able to do it. Then the flight attendant actually tried to persuade me to accept the meal. OMG!

But I did and got out my bar and surprisingly that kept me full till 6 p.m. - 6 hours! Usually bars just make me want more.

And of course at the Porter airport there are really really good cookies and nuts and lattes and cappacinos.

I'm pretty darn proud of myself.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

2 Ride, when my Old English was very ill the only thing she would eat was cooked chicken & white rice, put in the food processor, I added in liquid Omegas.

JackieGee, it seems when we face soooooooooo many goodies we should automatically lose 5 lbs., just for being so good.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #29  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
Today is my first day on IP. Looking at my boxes of foods, deciding what to have for breakfast (although not real hungry since I feel like I had a mini binge yesterday, cause I kept thinking well I won't be able to have a "brownie" in a while, etc. Can you make hot chocolate with the chocolate drink? Any advice for a newbie?

And what is your favorite dinner you make on this program.
You can heat up the chocolate drinks and also the cappachino (spelling) they are actually really yummy heated up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
JoloMn

I have been having the same thoughts. I should start looking at Phase 2 and thinking about what it entrails and how I am going to move to it. Like you, I want to go through all of the steps this time and make this my last diet. I also am not sure about this cheat idea. I am better off planning what I eat and staying away from high carb foods period.

WU2..I hope you are done with son's paper and are sound asleep!

Had an OP weekend. Ready for a short week. My gym opens up again today.Eliptical here I come!
We went to bed at about 2am, got it finished and he just got back from class and did really well with it. He is not one to talk about himself, and he had to compare himself to an object. SO I helped him compare himself to his car and his instructor was impressed so he may have pulled off a decent grade. This is one of the last 3 classes he needs for his associate degree, so I am pushing him a little harder than I normally do so he can get done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Anyone used the new EGGIES? Molded egg shapes that you can either crack an egg into or use egg whites from a carton then stovetop boil. No more peeling eggs.......
OMG....I saw this commercial yesterday and said I need to find that! So pay day I will be on a mission to find the eggies!!

Jol my cousin is doing really well he has loss 15lbs total in 3 weeks AND he admitted to me when we went WI last Wednesday that he cheated with a small piece of cake one of his clients (89yr old lady) brought him and he couldn't tell her he was on a diet but he said it didn't taste good..hahah...We go WI on Wednesday so I'll let you know his status. First week was 9lbs and the second and third weeks were 3.3lb losses.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #30  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
WUV2BLOVED - thanks for starting the daily thread. I hope that you are asleep now and that your son's speech went well.

Things at work are crazy for me this week. I won't be posting much, but wanted to stop in and say hi.
Love the new pic!

Good morning! I feel like I'm out of the loop after being gone all weekend. I didn't cheat but am only down 1 lb since last weigh in. My hubby says it's better than eating all the stuff I wanted to and being up and he's totally right. Glad I have him to keep me grounded. I still have 2 more days so I'm welcoming the woosh fairy if anyone wants to send her my way.

We were invited to San Francisco for New Years flights paid round trip so we can't pass that up! Now I have more incentive than ever to stay op and focused so I'm in maintenance by then! There is some wine tasting on the agenda so I have to be able to participate.
Closed Thread