Old 09-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #76  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarac View Post
I am new to this forum

I live in Baton Rouge, LA and have been on Ideal Protein for 2 1/2 months. I have 10 more pounds to go. They don't want to leave--but I am determined they will! I joined this site to get new perspective, affirmation, and encouragement.
Welcome to the board and congrats on the success you have had to far. I am in Gulfport Ms but we have several that are in the Baton Rouge area. I will passing through there on Thursday going to my mom's 20 miles south of Lafayette. You will find a lot of information here and lots of suggestions. Again Welcome
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #77  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Hey everyone! So, the last couple of days have been a challenge, but I prevailed and stayed OP. This week, my husband lost his grandmother. Friday, we had the wake and there was food. Nothing OP to be found. We finally left there at 9:00 PM and we went to a buffet type restaurant. I was starving by the time we got there, thankfully I found something I could eat for dinner. Saturday, we were at the church for 8am, left there and headed to the burial site. We finished up there around noon, then off to a reception filled with lots of food. I drank one RTD choc en route to the cemetary for my breakfast, had another at the reception with some raw vegetables off of a veggie tray. Was really hungry, so I was tempted, but I didn't cheat. Supper was also late, but at least I was home by then, whew! I'm craving my routine and thankfully it should return this week. I never realized how appealing sandwich trays are until I can't have bread, lol!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Hey everyone! So, the last couple of days have been a challenge, but I prevailed and stayed OP. This week, my husband lost his grandmother. Friday, we had the wake and there was food. Nothing OP to be found. We finally left there at 9:00 PM and we went to a buffet type restaurant. I was starving by the time we got there, thankfully I found something I could eat for dinner. Saturday, we were at the church for 8am, left there and headed to the burial site. We finished up there around noon, then off to a reception filled with lots of food. I drank one RTD choc en route to the cemetary for my breakfast, had another at the reception with some raw vegetables off of a veggie tray. Was really hungry, so I was tempted, but I didn't cheat. Supper was also late, but at least I was home by then, whew! I'm craving my routine and thankfully it should return this week. I never realized how appealing sandwich trays are until I can't have bread, lol!
Sorry for y'all loss. its a very stressful time but you seem to have accomplished it with flying colors. Great job it should show on your WI and if it doesn't don't get disappointed it will come off. I have a wedding to go to this weekend I am leaving Thursday to go to mom's. She made sure we have pickles and okra to eat at the reception so at least I know that we will have that.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #79  

Yeah, I have already prepared myself for a poor WI, just in case. I usually WI on Wednesday, but last week had to wait til Friday. So, I will have 2 less days on this week's WI, plus TOM, plus all of the stress from the weekend. I'm not going to even worry about this week's WI. I'm OP and am in this for the long haul. It will continue to come off, I'm good.

I love pickles and okra! I don't care for raw veggies, except cucumbers. I like cooked broccoli and cauliflower, bet EWWW, I hate to eat them raw. That's what I had yesterday for lunch. They might have a veggie tray at the wedding too, you could pick off of it a little bit.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #80  

Quote:
Yeah, I have already prepared myself for a poor WI, just in case. I usually WI on Wednesday, but last week had to wait til Friday. So, I will have 2 less days on this week's WI, plus TOM, plus all of the stress from the weekend. I'm not going to even worry about this week's WI. I'm OP and am in this for the long haul. It will continue to come off, I'm good.

I love pickles and okra! I don't care for raw veggies, except cucumbers. I like cooked broccoli and cauliflower, bet EWWW, I hate to eat them raw. That's what I had yesterday for lunch. They might have a veggie tray at the wedding too, you could pick off of it a little bit.
I doubt it the bride is CLUELESS, went to her bachalorette party and NOT one thing i could have so I took the meat off of the sandwiches and at that. And she busted out when I first got there, she won't drink she is one a DIET real loud...I was like REALLY?? I'm glad you have prepared yourself for your WI, its good to have that attitude
Old 09-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #81  
Start date 08/26/2011

S/C/G: 194.6/182.8/142.0

Height: 5'2"

Default Fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludolphin View Post
Hi everyone had my DH's family from WI down for a couple days and had some major NSV by cooking them their favorites; potatoes, carrots, pecan pie, cheesy corn casserole, pancakes, sausage and fruit. I did not have any, even though I was tempted, I cooked some broccolli and salad choked full of veggies as well and just followed the plan. Last night was my worst night of being tempted. I won, didn't cheat even the slightest. Very proud of myself.

The scale was very kind this morning with an 8 pound loss.

total of 29.6 pounds *happy dance*

Hope everyone had a great weekend...now off to do some homework.
How Great you're doing! And you've got the pic to prove it - very impressive! 30 pds since August - wow. Good job staying on whilst the company was munching. You are well on your way
Corrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #82  
Start date 08/26/2011

S/C/G: 194.6/182.8/142.0

Default Amazing !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarac View Post
I am new to this forum

I live in Baton Rouge, LA and have been on Ideal Protein for 2 1/2 months. I have 10 more pounds to go. They don't want to leave--but I am determined they will! I joined this site to get new perspective, affirmation, and encouragement.
40 pds lost in what - 10 weeks! I'm so impressed by you all on here. Makes my 1.8 this, my 3rd week,look pretty measly.

You came to the right place for inspiration on those last ten pds. Way to go - you inspire us!

Corrie
Corrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Ah gloomy day here...hopefully will still be a productive day. Have decided to drop 2 classes and only take 3 classes this semester. working full time and trying to exercise more = less time to study. realization hit me last night when I was 10 chapters behind in one class with an exam next week that maybe I should cut back on either exercise or classes. I like how I'm feeling moving. Less back pain, and so much more energy. So chopping the classes out of my daily routine was the way for me.
bludolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #84  

Where are all my Southern's at??? Watkat, haven't heard from you in forever. Celtic, did you give up, Cat, I hope you are doing well. Blu, I hope your classes are easy for you. What are you taking??? Paint Lady, where you hiding???....I miss y'all!!!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Where are all my Southern's at??? Watkat, haven't heard from you in forever. Celtic, did you give up, Cat, I hope you are doing well. Blu, I hope your classes are easy for you. What are you taking??? Paint Lady, where you hiding???....I miss y'all!!!!!
I dropped 2 classes it was too much so now only taking 3. Managing Information Systems, English Comp, and a career services class. I dropped law and statistics. I was drowning in homework.

How have you been doing? I am now able to breath a little easier, once I get my house in order again you'll probably see me more on the boards
Old 09-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludolphin View Post
I dropped 2 classes it was too much so now only taking 3. Managing Information Systems, English Comp, and a career services class. I dropped law and statistics. I was drowning in homework.

How have you been doing? I am now able to breath a little easier, once I get my house in order again you'll probably see me more on the boards
WHEW you made my brain hurt just reading that.....lol...I had 12 hours when I was in college and that was enough for me. I made my 80lb mark, so I am doing great. Just finished helping mom mow the grass, she has 2 acres and so does my brother we did both yards. All of the food is cooked for tonight, only thing left to do is make the salad and cook the rolls. They just left to go to the rehearsal and are expected to be back here about 7-730.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
WHEW you made my brain hurt just reading that.....lol...I had 12 hours when I was in college and that was enough for me. I made my 80lb mark, so I am doing great. Just finished helping mom mow the grass, she has 2 acres and so does my brother we did both yards. All of the food is cooked for tonight, only thing left to do is make the salad and cook the rolls. They just left to go to the rehearsal and are expected to be back here about 7-730.
80lbs is awesome. I'm sure you lost more by mowing the 4 acres. Have fun at the wedding and it is great you have the support system there.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #88  

I'm still kicking! I officially made the 30 lbs down mark today!! 7 weeks, 30 lbs... I wouldn't have imagined it would go this fast. I've been subbing at the high school all week, so haven't been able to get on too much. When I do, I just kinda lurk around and see what everybody else is up too. I hope everyone has a great weekend!! Oh, my brother is graduating tomorrow and we're going to eat at Ralph & Kacoos for dinner. YUM!
Old 09-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #89  

Quote:
I'm still kicking! I officially made the 30 lbs down mark today!! 7 weeks, 30 lbs... I wouldn't have imagined it would go this fast. I've been subbing at the high school all week, so haven't been able to get on too much. When I do, I just kinda lurk around and see what everybody else is up too. I hope everyone has a great weekend!! Oh, my brother is graduating tomorrow and we're going to eat at Ralph & Kacoos for dinner. YUM!

congratulations on the 30 lbs and congrats to your brother as well. Never heard of Ralph and Kacoos, what type of food do they serve?
Old 09-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #90  

They serve seafood, really good seafood! They've been around "forever" in the Baton Rouge area. I had grilled mahi mahi and steamed veggies. It was so late when we got there to eat, so I was hungry. Oh, the smell of fresh baked bread and hush puppies with real butter served along side. Appetizers of fried shrimp, crawfish, and alligator.... I could kill my family, lol! I was so thankful when my order arrived. After we ate, everyone else was in that carb-overload fatigue. I felt good! I did have a cup of coffee after my meal for "dessert", but my water intake for the day certainly made up for it. I realized that if I could handle all of that temptation, I am Golden! I told my husband that when I reach maintenance, we are going back so I can have the shrimp stew. That is my favorite item off of the menu.