Looking for other IP users in the Southern States

You're on Page 7 of 16
Go to
  • Quote: They serve seafood, really good seafood! They've been around "forever" in the Baton Rouge area. I had grilled mahi mahi and steamed veggies. It was so late when we got there to eat, so I was hungry. Oh, the smell of fresh baked bread and hush puppies with real butter served along side. Appetizers of fried shrimp, crawfish, and alligator.... I could kill my family, lol! I was so thankful when my order arrived. After we ate, everyone else was in that carb-overload fatigue. I felt good! I did have a cup of coffee after my meal for "dessert", but my water intake for the day certainly made up for it. I realized that if I could handle all of that temptation, I am Golden! I told my husband that when I reach maintenance, we are going back so I can have the shrimp stew. That is my favorite item off of the menu.
    Wow sounds like a great place to eat. Congratulations on avoiding temptation. That is a huge NSV.
  • Hello Southern Ladies! I've been absent for a little while.. but i'm back! I'm still losing and feel great. This morning my husband told me that i don't have 30 more pounds to lose! i think that was a compliment in man speak! lol

I've been to so many parties and showers in the last month. I'm so proud of myself. last night i ate turkey breast on the way to a football party (geaux tigers) and ate celery sticks while there.

last week i had a couple shower at my house and did not eat any of the yummy foods that are so bad for me. Then Friday night took my son out for his birthday, he picked the all you can eat pizza of course. i ate salad! yay me.

have a great week everyone!
  • well I am back from the wedding and it was amazing. I stayed completely OP and even helped with the food. Was not even tempted at all. I have a lot of catching up to do with the board that is for sure. I'll post more later!
  • Quote: Hello Southern Ladies! I've been absent for a little while.. but i'm back! I'm still losing and feel great. This morning my husband told me that i don't have 30 more pounds to lose! i think that was a compliment in man speak! lol

I've been to so many parties and showers in the last month. I'm so proud of myself. last night i ate turkey breast on the way to a football party (geaux tigers) and ate celery sticks while there.

last week i had a couple shower at my house and did not eat any of the yummy foods that are so bad for me. Then Friday night took my son out for his birthday, he picked the all you can eat pizza of course. i ate salad! yay me.

have a great week everyone!
    Pizza is a huge downfall for me so Kudos for you for sticking OP. Congratulations sounds like you are doing well.
  • Quote: well I am back from the wedding and it was amazing. I stayed completely OP and even helped with the food. Was not even tempted at all. I have a lot of catching up to do with the board that is for sure. I'll post more later!
    Welcome back.
  • I've been shopping in my closet. I have a bunch of clothes I previously stored, thinking that I would do a garage sale at some point. So, I've been going through those, trying to find things to wear. I have no size 14 jeans. How is that possible? Did I just skip that size on my way up? Maybe I gave them away? I don't even know. I do NOT want to buy clothes right now. It's still hot here, so I'm hoping I won't have to bite the bullet and go find some. I have a few size 12's in my closet. Here's to hoping I can get into those before it gets cool enough to wear them. If not, I guess I will break down and shop the consignment stores. *shudders* I hate digging through clothes at stores in an attempt to find something suitable. I know that I am a bit OCD, but the thought of all that stuff in mixed up order stresses me out.
  • Quote: I've been shopping in my closet. I have a bunch of clothes I previously stored, thinking that I would do a garage sale at some point. So, I've been going through those, trying to find things to wear. I have no size 14 jeans. How is that possible? Did I just skip that size on my way up? Maybe I gave them away? I don't even know. I do NOT want to buy clothes right now. It's still hot here, so I'm hoping I won't have to bite the bullet and go find some. I have a few size 12's in my closet. Here's to hoping I can get into those before it gets cool enough to wear them. If not, I guess I will break down and shop the consignment stores. *shudders* I hate digging through clothes at stores in an attempt to find something suitable. I know that I am a bit OCD, but the thought of all that stuff in mixed up order stresses me out.
    I have been in retail for over 15 yrs so you wanna talk about OCD when it comes to clothes being organized. All of my shirts are hanging the same way in my closet and all of my pants are on hangers like in a store. I have been wearing 30-32's for the past umteen years, granted they were tight fitting so I have no other sizes to pick from. The clothes I have are definitely getting bigger. I have ONE pair of size 26 shorts and they are getting baggy for me. I wore jeans this weekend which FIT and they are 26's. You would think after losing 80lbs I would be smaller in the waist but I am not. Oh well, it will come off eventually. Clothes are just weird all the way around when it comes to sizes because I couple of weeks ago I went to Avenue and tried on 26's and couldn't even pull them above my hips, its just crazy!!!
  • paint and wuv - I hear you both. I too worked retail and have to have my shirts hanging a certain way and my husband thinks I'm nuts Last year after failing another diet I gave away all my smaller sizes, so I will have to go shopping at consignment stores which i dislike because of how the stores are done. I've been a 26/28 with stretchy material so they are still fitting me well though some I feel I am drowning a little, but will basically wait til they no longer stay on before I'll go shopping. Don't want to waste money on in between sizes.
  • Quote: Hi everyone! Originally from Bunkie, LA here...but living in Arkansas (so still kind of south).

I'm still on maintenance and doing well. I love the free day, but it always feels good to get back to healthy food too.

Hope everyone stays safe and enjoys any cooler temps they get. My parents in Bunkie got lots of rain (11 inches, I think). The eye wall came within about 40 miles of them, but they were at least on the West side of the storm. They lost power for a couple of hours, but nothing worse than that, thanks goodness!

I am from Bunkie also. Send me a message and we will see if we know each other.
  • Wuv and Blu, my closet is ridiculous. Everything is hung up and arranged according to color. Shirts on top, to the right is sleeveless, starting with white and ending in black to the left, then short sleeves, same color arrangement. Then long sleeves, same color arrangement. Bottom is skirts to the right, same color arrangement, next is jeans, lighter wash to the right ending in darker wash. Pants are all of the way to the left. I also have a long hanging section for dresses which is quite sparse actually. My husband and I share a large walk in closet. We share a section of his side for jackets and coats. I can't stand to go over to his side.
  • Quote: Wuv and Blu, my closet is ridiculous. Everything is hung up and arranged according to color. Shirts on top, to the right is sleeveless, starting with white and ending in black to the left, then short sleeves, same color arrangement. Then long sleeves, same color arrangement. Bottom is skirts to the right, same color arrangement, next is jeans, lighter wash to the right ending in darker wash. Pants are all of the way to the left. I also have a long hanging section for dresses which is quite sparse actually. My husband and I share a large walk in closet. We share a section of his side for jackets and coats. I can't stand to go over to his side.
    LOL....I don't have mine colored like you do but I do have then short and long sleeves together...haha
  • Great minds think alike, lol!
  • I'm from the great State of Texas and I live in San Antonio....love the River Walk .....

I'm looking for more IP'ers in San Antonio Area...I just opened up a clinic in July and we're having fun....

We might start a Support group once a month....

• Quote: I'm from the great State of Texas and I live in San Antonio....love the River Walk .....

I'm looking for more IP'ers in San Antonio Area...I just opened up a clinic in July and we're having fun....

We might start a Support group once a month....

I would LOVE to have my own clinic!!!...I would do things soooo much different, how did you go about becoming your own clinic?
  • Quote: I am from Bunkie also. Send me a message and we will see if we know each other.
    You've got a PM What a small world!!