Looking for other IP users in the Southern States

You're on Page 5 of 16
Go to
  • Quote: Way2bloved - Thanks for your advice, you are truly an inspiration. Does stress play a role, I am a mother of three sons in college never a good night sleep. Living on the border is stressful, 2 of the 4 international bridges were closed yesterday because of bomb threats. Also had a break in, in a house we own on saturday nite. The violence you hear about is true, it crossed the border a long time ago. I am a military brat so hyper vigilance is ingrained. Used to sleep well but since I started IP rarely get a full night of restful sleep, is it just me?
    Yes, Stress plays a part in it, If you have all of that going on around you, you are definitely filled with stress. I have spurts of sleeping and not sleeping, I started taking Melatonin at night and it seems to help. I try to help out as much as I can
  • My birthday is tomorrow and I have requested that my family take me to Kirin in Hammond, LA. What is the best thing to eat at a Japanese restaurant and stay on program. I weigh and measure Thursday, so don't want to mess up anything but would love to enjoy a good birthday dinner.
  • ask this again in the daily chat....I don't wanna steer you wrong!!
  • Quote: Thank GOODNESS!!!....I have been asking if anyone has heard from you!!...I have been worried....SOOOO glad you are ok!!! when you hadn't posted in a few days I was freaking out!!!
    You are so sweet!
    I heard from another friend today. She says she is overwhelmed with the magnitude of the loss. I think she is in shock. She cannot find her dog.
    She is filling out all of the insurance paperwork.
    Just keep the prayers and good wishes coming!
  • Quote: You are so sweet!
    I heard from another friend today. She says she is overwhelmed with the magnitude of the loss. I think she is in shock. She cannot find her dog.
    She is filling out all of the insurance paperwork.
    Just keep the prayers and good wishes coming!
    You got it!! I hope she finds her dog that would only add to the stress level that is already high for them I am sure.
  • Haven't heard from anyone in a few days hope everyone is doing well and staying OP!!

Blu, Celtic where are you?
  • Where is everyone?
  • Quote: Where is everyone?
    I dunno, seems like everyone disappeared on us lately.
  • I grew up in Alabama but live in Texas now. We've had friends affected by the fires as well-they've burned all around Austin ,not just in Bastrop but in several other areas. It is so dry here and still so hot although in north Austin we did get some rain Friday. Not near enough.

My family is all from Mississippi and Alabama so I'm familiar with very southern cooking. Adjusting some of it to IP or just abandoning it for now has been a challenge! But I want to lose the weight so...
  • Hi everyone had my DH's family from WI down for a couple days and had some major NSV by cooking them their favorites; potatoes, carrots, pecan pie, cheesy corn casserole, pancakes, sausage and fruit. I did not have any, even though I was tempted, I cooked some broccolli and salad choked full of veggies as well and just followed the plan. Last night was my worst night of being tempted. I won, didn't cheat even the slightest. Very proud of myself.

The scale was very kind this morning with an 8 pound loss.

total of 29.6 pounds *happy dance*

Hope everyone had a great weekend...now off to do some homework.
  • Quote: Hi everyone had my DH's family from WI down for a couple days and had some major NSV by cooking them their favorites; potatoes, carrots, pecan pie, cheesy corn casserole, pancakes, sausage and fruit. I did not have any, even though I was tempted, I cooked some broccolli and salad choked full of veggies as well and just followed the plan. Last night was my worst night of being tempted. I won, didn't cheat even the slightest. Very proud of myself.

The scale was very kind this morning with an 8 pound loss.

total of 29.6 pounds *happy dance*

Hope everyone had a great weekend...now off to do some homework.
    WOOHOO!!!!!......outstanding!!!.....great job on winning the battle with temptation, with a loss like that it makes it all worth it don't it?
  • Quote: WOOHOO!!!!!......outstanding!!!.....great job on winning the battle with temptation, with a loss like that it makes it all worth it don't it?
    yes it does. tho i will admit last night it was really tough. but the outcome was well worth it.
  • WHO DAT!!!!!! Let's GEAUX Saints!!!
  • I am new to this forum

I live in Baton Rouge, LA and have been on Ideal Protein for 2 1/2 months. I have 10 more pounds to go. They don't want to leave--but I am determined they will! I joined this site to get new perspective, affirmation, and encouragement.
  • Awesome!