Old 09-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #1  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wayward's newbie group.

I didn't want our thread to get closed over the weekend and we are getting pretty close to our max post count.
So here we go.
Also for everyone that has a goal for Sept. please include it in your first post on this thread.

My goal is to reach 50 pounds lost by the end of Sept.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Wahoo - a new thread!

Anyway, even though I feel like the invisible girl with my posts lately, I will post anyway. As I mentioned, I have 4 weeks til my 38th birthday and a law school wedding, 5 weeks til vacation, 7 weeks until my 20th HS reunion. I am currently back down to 142.6 and would like to lose 1 pound per week to reach my goal of 137 by 10/1 and 135 by 10/22.

My fitness goals are 4-5 days week exercise, with 2 of those including shorter duration higher intensity cardio + strength training + abs (I neglect these a lot).

I am off tonight to an overnight campout at the zoo with my 3 yo. I am eating my veggies before I go and packing 2 protein drinks and 1 bar. I am going to bring some turkey sticks (0 carb, 45 cals) for a snack in case I am starving tonight or tomorrow morning. Figure those are better choices than the proposed fare: pizza, donuts, fruit, juice. Fingers crossed I don't get hungry!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good thing you were thinking ahead about the post over the weekend Wayward. I just want to get out of the 300's, hopefully I can do that by the end of September that would be awesome so that is my goal! If not it will be ok, I will be at least over my halfway point with the next 2 lbs I lose so I am happy about that!

Good planning you have there Coliep, miss you on the board that is for sure
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #4  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

My goal: To get out of the 270s and into the 260s before september 23rd and to lose 10 pounds before i leave!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
My goal: To get out of the 270s and into the 260s before september 23rd and to lose 10 pounds before i leave!
You WILL do it Port, you have been doing really really well. I am very proud of you AND you must be staying off the scale cuz I haven't seen any negative things about numbers which is awesome and LESS stressful for you!! Great job!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #6  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Height: 5'2"

coliep - I sometimes feel like the invisible girl, too. But don't worry, I read your post.
At 135 now, and since I'm going to be applying for my dream job soon, I have also been weight training and Pilates. I want to at least look decent in a bikini, so my goal for the next 2 weeks is to get some defined (however slight) muscles and do a photoshoot. And if all goes well, I should be at 130, with only 10 lbs to go
Scofflaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #7  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Scofflaw, seems like forever since we have seen you around, well me anyways.
Glad to see you are still here and still going strong.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

ok. No loss this week and YES, I am going to complain, so if you think I complain too much Don't read this and keep your comments to yourself! I had a long talk with my coach today, she stayed late today because I couldn 't get there until 5:30. She is having me take the Novilax this week. I even repeated everything I ate my very first week and nothing! She said if I don't lose in the next couple weeks, she thinks I should phase off and then after I get my thyroid checked to see if my meds are on track and then go back on. We will see, she knew I was feeling GREAT FRUSTRATION today..

Have a great Labor day, off to a late meeting :[
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
ok. No loss this week and YES, I am going to complain, so if you think I complain too much Don't read this and keep your comments to yourself! I had a long talk with my coach today, she stayed late today because I couldn 't get there until 5:30. She is having me take the Novilax this week. I even repeated everything I ate my very first week and nothing! She said if I don't lose in the next couple weeks, she thinks I should phase off and then after I get my thyroid checked to see if my meds are on track and then go back on. We will see, she knew I was feeling GREAT FRUSTRATION today..

Have a great Labor day, off to a late meeting :[
Well Bella, I am with you this week I was NOTHING as well. Maybe she has a good point. Phase off and wait until you get your results back, you go on the 8th correct? You can complain anytime you want, that is what we are here for. Keep your head up, they will figure out what is going on with you and get you on the right track!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

coliep, I am reading how you are doing and it is very encouraging that you seem to be on a steady track now.

Bella, it is very discouraging to lose so slowly. I don't think many people realize how incredibly difficult it is if you are post menopausal. I lose .9 of a pound with last two weigh ins combined.
Probably the best thing to do is follow your coach's advice and phase off and have some more tests. If it were me I'd then go on with alternative products. With such a slow loss it can get very expensive and your coach doesn't seem to be able to add much to your situation.

Forgot to add my goal for September. As my loss is so slow I'd like to get 5 pounds off which should put me at 145.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 09-02-2011 at 06:40 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 143/123.4/120

Hello everyone

since im new to the website im having trouble getting around...seems like theres soooo much to read and go through. How do you know if someone has responded to your post?

Hopefully by the end of september i would like to be close to my goal or at least in the 120'S. Im really excited to start seeing some results as is my husband. im glad i found this website since i need all the motivation i need because it sure is NOT easy.

Hope you all have a great weekend and lets stay healthy, positive, active and commited!!
jmonreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonreal View Post
Hello everyone

since im new to the website im having trouble getting around...seems like theres soooo much to read and go through. How do you know if someone has responded to your post?

Hopefully by the end of september i would like to be close to my goal or at least in the 120'S. Im really excited to start seeing some results as is my husband. im glad i found this website since i need all the motivation i need because it sure is NOT easy.

Hope you all have a great weekend and lets stay healthy, positive, active and commited!!
You just have to go back and look at the thread you posted in and see if someone responded to you. Most of the time they will put your quote at the top of the post like I did here. I think you can also subscribe to the thread and each time someone post anything in that thread it will send you an email.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #13  
IP Start Date 9/30/13

S/C/G: 192.4/192.4/120

Hey Wayward! I know I have been MIA lately, I was getting a little overwhelmed checking all the different post daily, so I cut back to just daily chat, but I missed my newbs so I find myself here again lol. I think I can handle checking both.
You look good, saw your pics!
Scofflaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 313/285/150

Height: 5'9

Confused - I just started a week ago had my 1st WI lost 7.5 lbs. For the 1st week I followed protocol except I had to add extra protein (due to my weight)2 eggs. so phase 1 calls for 4 Protein Drinks but upon getting my food for this week I recieved 3 boxes not four so am I suppose to only do three meals and no snack now? I wish my clinic did a better variety pack also Any advice will help

Thanks

Last edited by SpunkyOne; 09-02-2011 at 07:43 PM.
SpunkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyOne View Post
Confused - I just started a week ago had my 1st WI lost 7.5 lbs. For the 1st week I followed protocol except I had to add extra protein (due to my weight)2 eggs. so phase 1 calls for 4 Protein Drinks but upon getting my food for this week I recieved 3 boxes not four so am I suppose to only do three meals and no snack now? I wish my clinic did a better variety pack also Any advice will help

Thanks
I started off weighing more than you 388 and I have ALWAYS been on 3 packets a day. breakfast, lunch and snack. You are suppose to have one meal (dinner) with regular food and veggies, have you been having that?