Old 10-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Thanks all, feeling a bit better this morning.
Wayward I will stay the way I am, but please the lord I will be lighter!!!

On the original threadI was just very concerned that someone in the far north was going to be paying huge amounts of money. The veggies alone will cost an arm and a leg. What I was concerned about is that it seems anyone in Canada can set up a clinic, the person who was doing that could charge enormous amounts just for the products whereas protein well will ship anywhere for free.

I was already obsessing a bit yesterday. I am losing in a strange way now.
I am 64. only 5'1", I had already lost 50 pounds slowly over the past 5 years.
At the end of July I went to my doctor and was very concerned because all the "right" diets such as WW were resulting in gains of about half a pound a week. He was not concerned at all; saying my blood pressure and all my recent blood work was excellent, I probably just needed more exercise, which heaven knows is true. But my job is very sedentary and also very time consuming. I will be retiring at the end of June and want to be as healthy as possible. My mom is going on 90 and very healthy and active.

The doctor also said we are lucky both hubby and I were to be as healthy as we are. Hubby is 69 and has built houses all his life and is still doing that. But he is eastern European and has eaten a medetarrian diet all his life. I have always been very overweight, our current doctor didn't know me when I weighed 204 not terribly long ago.

I will need a knee replacement or two in the future so that has been my main objective in getting my weight down further.
After my chat with the doctor I discovered a comment about IP on 3fatchicks and came to this section. seemed like a good solution and it is.

So I am losing slowly, I am lucky in that once I got past the sugar withdrawal of the first week the food part has been easy for me. I had cut out grain products except for oatmeal to lose the first 50 pounds and that is the way I will always have to eat. Once you totally avoid flour and sugar the cravings go away. I will have more difficulty avoiding the sugar carbs when I finally get to goal.

Anyway I am losing strangely now, I am halfway to goal -15 this morning, but the only measurement that has changed is my waist which has gone down 4 inches. Bust, hips etc has remained the same. I think this may be a sign this plan really does get rid of the nasty type of fat around your middle which has never happened to me before. I am a total apple shape. I just became a slightly smaller apple on other plans.
Another huge plus is how much more energy I have. I am not losing 10 pounds a week but I am seeing other advantages all the time.

But the other place I am losing is under my chin which heaven knows I needed, but at my age this results in loose skin. So this is so another reason to get the weight off early.

My job is doing academic assessments for my school board to apply for government funding for kids who are "special" in many different ways. The current funding deadline is for autistic kids. Anyone who has experience with them knows you need a thick skin as they tell it like it is. So you get the cold hard truth if you want it or not. Twice this week two different kids became agitated asking what was wrong with my throat, it was gross. It took a while to get each of them refocused.
So with that feedback on my weightloss efforts I wasn't feeling great already. I was not expecting more critism here, so was taken aback.

My downtime is late in the evening when I relax and read how everyone is doing on IP which is positive time after facing the cold hard facts of reality all day.

So thanks for the feedback, I will continue slowly on my way, I'd love to get the weight off overnight, but that's not going to happen.

Loooong post, thanks if you struck with it. I am very verbal and need to talk everything through which is probably why I jump in too quickly with advice.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #452  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Happy dance, Happy Dance another 5lbs GONE!!!....87lbs GONE forever!!! only 3 more lbs and I will be OUT OF THE 300's...it SHOULD happen next week....I didn't change anything this week except I did drink I big cup of hot lemon water so maybe that trick does work if you are having water retention!!

Hope everyone is have a wonderful day!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #453  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Ok Lisa now you are going to get it.
I know you are really busy on this forum, but seriously, you are going to post your loss on the daily thread but not on ours? WTH?
Congrats on another great week for you, you are doing so awesome.

I hope everyone is doing well this morning, Pat glad to hear you are feeling a little better.
At your age obviously it's going to go a little slower just stay positive and keep it up

I hope today is a little smoother than yesterday, this is shaping up to be one long week.
I love teaching, I love helping people to ride safer and enjoy motorcycling, but I also love it when the end of the teaching season comes, it's nice to get my weekends back even if it's right when it's about time for winter.
That's ok I have a whole stack of new movies to enjoy when Winter comes as well as a new series of books to read, so I will have plenty to do come winter time.

Coliep... I know you are lingering, how goes the battle...Scofflaw how are you doing this week? Keep us in the loop ladies, we need to know how our thinner ladies are doing.

Have a great day everyone.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #454  

LOL....I was getting to this thread wayward but someone knocked on my door...lol....we were writing at the same time anyways!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #455  
Started IP July 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Happy dance, Happy Dance another 5lbs GONE!!!....87lbs GONE forever!!! only 3 more lbs and I will be OUT OF THE 300's...it SHOULD happen next week....I didn't change anything this week except I did drink I big cup of hot lemon water so maybe that trick does work if you are having water retention!!

Hope everyone is have a wonderful day!!
Dangit you posted while I was typing lol
Old 10-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #456  

uh huh...BITE your tongue!!...hahaha
Old 10-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #457  
Started IP July 8th

O.k. it's that time of the month lol.
Time to start the new thread.
I have started it here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post4060073

See you all on the new thread.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #458  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Good for you Lisa!!!
I am going to have to remember to get the lenon and hot water in once a day to replace one cup of coffee. I am currently having 3 cupps a day which is too much.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote