Old 09-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #31  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
So, I thought I would resurrect a recipe or two. Here is the first. It is for rice pudding made with cauliflower bits. We had several people who appreciated a change and another option for dessert last year!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3372529-post68.html

Aloha, Here is rice pudding reciepe~

the recipe for the rice pudding is in one of your cookbooks. I don’t have it anymore, however, the basic recipe is:

1 tsp Knox Gelatin or Agar Agar with ¼ cup water

1 Vanilla Pudding

2 Cups of cauliflower (I use frozen) – cooked and chopped into small, rice-sized pieces
You can pulse in blender for best results. Should be pretty small like rice.

Splenda (1-2 pkts)
I usually use truvia and add alittle extra.

Vanilla (1 tsp)

6 oz water

Cinnamon to taste

Mix gelatin with water and add pudding. Add cauliflower and flavorings - stir and adjust to taste. Refrigerate until set. Great for Lunch!Must be very cold for best results.

courtesy of MissZelda
This is too funny as I was just thinking about making this for snack tonight... Thanks for reminding me.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #32  
Joined IP 8/2011

S/C/G: 166/145.4/120

Height: 5'0''

Default Woot! Broke first barrier!

I'm under 160! 3rd weighin yesterday, and was 159.8!! was worried since I'm having to do steroid injections for severe neck/shoulder pain and had done one the day before, but it is still coming off!! Just slowly, about 2lbs or so each week!

Yay!!

ianmeghanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #33  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default Chicken and Dumplings

Here is the second recipe. I know the weather may not be cool enough everywhere to be thinking of soups but, this could come in handy.

This is just a basic recipe and could be doctored up with seasonings and veggies to make a more hearty soup with dumplings.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3410897-post90.html

MaMaws Chicken 'n' Dumplins courtesy of Taylormade
Uncooked Chicken (better if its still on the bone)
1 Can chicken broth
1 pack Crepe mix
Sea Salt & Pepper

cook chicken in crock pot with broth, for about 6 hours (if this doesn't work for you, just use pre-cooked chicken, but it won't be as yummy)
Remove chicken and cut into pieces. Pour broth into pot over high heat, and bring to a boil.
Mix Crepe mix into a thick dough. Add salt and pepper to taste, even if you don't like it, you will need quite a bit. Roll into a few small dough balls, and drop into boiling broth. (if they broth isn't boiling they will come apart.) Stir in cooked chicken, and enjoy.

Seriously seriously feels like a cheat. It is sooo delicious.

NOTE: I would cook the veggies with the meat or in the broth while you debone the chicken. Then remove the veggies while you cook the dumplings. Then gently add back the chicken and veggies to avoid destroying the dumplings.

This would be good made with any mix of garlic, onion, celery, mushroom, finely chopped cauliflower and/or broccoli, some asparagus, diced zucchini or yellow squash, spinach, diced red pepper, or fennel and occasionally turnip or rutabaga (aka swede aka yellow turnip).

It could easily be seasoned with any combination of poultry seasoning, sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano, paprika, lemon juice, red pepper, etc.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #34  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 261 / see ticker / 155

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning All,

Great NSV's already today. I have a question. I found out last night I won't be able to make my WI today and because of the Holiday the clinic is closed until tuesday. I have alternative product that I can use, but my question is, will they "kick" me out of the program for not buying food for 1 week? Thanks in advance. I won't be back on-line until either very late tonight or tomorrow. Have a great day and for those traveling "be safe".
Definitely give them a call. Maybe you can just pick up packets sometime today before they close? They shouldn't kick you out as they should have given you notice at your last weigh in. If you run out of food use the alternatives so you can stay on plan or at the very least eat your lean proteins and veggies. For alternative I sometimes use the myoplex carb control shakes, pretty similar to IP ready to go shakes. They are at most stores (wal-mart, grocery, wal-greens, etc).
Krista7382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #35  

I just realized I'm down 60 lbs and only 6 lbs away from my halfway point....crazy
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #36  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I just realized I'm down 60 lbs and only 6 lbs away from my halfway point....crazy
WOO HOO!!!

See, despite the slow moments you are seriously getting this done!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
WHOO HOO!!!! Hit 50lbs today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #38  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Here is the second recipe. I know the weather may not be cool enough everywhere to be thinking of soups but, this could come in handy.

This is just a basic recipe and could be doctored up with seasonings and veggies to make a more hearty soup with dumplings.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3410897-post90.html

MaMaws Chicken 'n' Dumplins courtesy of Taylormade
Uncooked Chicken (better if its still on the bone)
1 Can chicken broth
1 pack Crepe mix
Sea Salt & Pepper

cook chicken in crock pot with broth, for about 6 hours (if this doesn't work for you, just use pre-cooked chicken, but it won't be as yummy)
Remove chicken and cut into pieces. Pour broth into pot over high heat, and bring to a boil.
Mix Crepe mix into a thick dough. Add salt and pepper to taste, even if you don't like it, you will need quite a bit. Roll into a few small dough balls, and drop into boiling broth. (if they broth isn't boiling they will come apart.) Stir in cooked chicken, and enjoy.

Seriously seriously feels like a cheat. It is sooo delicious.

NOTE: I would cook the veggies with the meat or in the broth while you debone the chicken. Then remove the veggies while you cook the dumplings. Then gently add back the chicken and veggies to avoid destroying the dumplings.

This would be good made with any mix of garlic, onion, celery, mushroom, finely chopped cauliflower and/or broccoli, some asparagus, diced zucchini or yellow squash, spinach, diced red pepper, or fennel and occasionally turnip or rutabaga (aka swede aka yellow turnip).

It could easily be seasoned with any combination of poultry seasoning, sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano, paprika, lemon juice, red pepper, etc.
oh my I love chicken and dumplings and here it is cold, raining and miserable... a good day for a nice hot soup.. or stew...
Old 09-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #39  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Happy Friday all.....great job everyone. Success is a wonderful feeling.

I am in the process of doing something I have NEVER done before in my life. I am washing jeans in hot water and then will dry them on high heat. Feels very strange but still brought a nice smile, inside and out.

I've had several personal decisions that need to make and have been doing my best to not think about weight loss over the past few days. On autopilot when it comes to eating. Seems to be working.....down 3 lbs from last Friday!

Wish I could be riding high right now but we are preparing for a major rain event in my part of the world. Winds won't be too strong but rainfall amounts are being predicted up to 9 inches over the next few days where I live. Other areas south of me...up to 20 inches. There is no land relief here so when we get heavy rainfall in a short period of time there in nowhere for the water to go but up. This is a major stress factor....waiting to see. Power will most likely go out...hopefully for not too long. 3 years ago yesterday I lost my roof to Hurricane Gustav and had no power for 10 days.

Errands are taken care of, laundry is almost done, my son will be shortly to help with outdoor issues. I got everything I need.....almost!

Stay strong....especially my southern sistas in this storm's path.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
I am in the process of doing something I have NEVER done before in my life. I am washing jeans in hot water and then will dry them on high heat. Feels very strange but still brought a nice smile, inside and out.
I've been doing that too, i used to wash my jeans as least as possible as they were super tight afterwards and now i wash them everytime to get them a little tighter otherwise they look too big (and they're stretchy so even worse).

I haven't changed size yet but i think that's because a lot of my pants were really tight and i really should've went bigger but now they're nice and comfy.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #41  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Happy Friday all.....great job everyone. Success is a wonderful feeling.

I've had several personal decisions that need to make and have been doing my best to not think about weight loss over the past few days. On autopilot when it comes to eating. Seems to be working.....down 3 lbs from last Friday!

Wish I could be riding high right now but we are preparing for a major rain event in my part of the world. Winds won't be too strong but rainfall amounts are being predicted up to 9 inches over the next few days where I live. Other areas south of me...up to 20 inches. There is no land relief here so when we get heavy rainfall in a short period of time there in nowhere for the water to go but up. This is a major stress factor....waiting to see. Power will most likely go out...hopefully for not too long. 3 years ago yesterday I lost my roof to Hurricane Gustav and had no power for 10 days.

Errands are taken care of, laundry is almost done, my son will be shortly to help with outdoor issues. I got everything I need.....almost!

Stay strong....especially my southern sistas in this storm's path.
You take care of yourself and your family. Hopefully you won't get that much rain.

Wow there are so many new recipes that look interesting now I am having a hard time deciding if I should get crepes, pancakes, cereal, or puddings my next IP shopping trip... Thank you all for the new recipes, I just want to make everything. Thanks Steven, Carla, Maile, Wuv2, Jenny and Jordana for all the new ideas floating around in my head...

Just on a note, I did make faux Mango chutney the other day and it turned on quite good... I think it would be good over the turkey burgers someone add to the burger link... cant wait to try them too.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 292/262/150

Height: 5' 3"

Redhead-you are doing great!!!! Hooray for minus 50!
justamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #43  

Yesterday the recipe for Faux-Tato Salad was posted. How many servings does that make? It looks so good!!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #44  

You are all doing so so great! I can't wait until I can post some big loss numbers too! For now, I am still having trouble getting fully back on the plan. I'm mostly on except that...I am eating too many restricteds in a single day! (which I know means I am, actually not on the plan) Its frustrating.

I go home every day after work, having been good all day, and then cant seem to stop myself from binging on restricteds. Luckily I don't have many left (except the southwestern curls which are too spicy to be tempting) so I'm hoping not having them around will help solve the problem (although i know avoidance is not a solution)...but does anyone else ever have this problem!?!? I hate feeling so weak but I literally have not been able to get myself to stop!

(and I'm pretty embarrassed to be posting this...I don't really like to talk about my food/weight issues...but that is why i joined i guess!)
cait91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #45  

For those who use different supplements from IP-how do you choose which ones to use? There are so many out there!