Old 09-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Yeah, I would really like to know cause I LOVE edemame, if it is allowed that would be perfect.
Ok on the count of looking stupid, what is that?
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #62  
I know I can

Edemame: soybeans in the pod.
Watkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Busy day today. Kindergarten orientation for our little boy and 1st day of 4th grade for our little girl! Also had my WI today and I was down 2lbs this week. Nervous for labor day weekend. I will be at the rodeo/fair with my husband for 2 days so I need to be prepared. I got the cranberry bars for the first time today and I'm excited to try them. They will deffinately be a part of my fair survival kit! Oh, and 30th bday celebration for me!
Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!
Dancer456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #64  

Height: 5'6"

Went in to see the doc this morning, my BP was a bit low but not too bad (110/70) but he has me doing blood work tomorrow morning. It works out ok seeing as I have to be in the clinic tomorrow at 7:30 anyways for my son to get his full cast. I'm still hopeful it's not major and can be corrected without me having to put IP on hold.
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #65  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista7382 View Post
Wuv, did you split this into two dishes then since it's a packet and a protein?
No, I just didn't have my night time snack, I was still full from supper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Ok on the count of looking stupid, what is that?
You are not the only one who was going to ask what it was, I goggled it...haha

Looks like we have busy weekends ahead of us but everyone seems to be prepared and ready to take it on. Y'all all talked about y'all babies and such well my baby will be 20 at the end of September, talk about time flying. He is coming home from college this weekend he has a 3 days weekend so that is exciting for me. Hope everyone has a great day!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #66  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

I'm a little bit bummed today.. OK a LOT bummed!!! I moved to phase 3 last week as I was 136 at my last weigh in. I had a minor surgery yesterday, stepped on the scale and I now weigh 147lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! I know in my head that a lot of the weight is due to the saline IV's - but still - PANIC!!!! My clothes even feel tight today - gross!
LaLibE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #67  

I am wondering if anyone is doing this diet while being prescribed metformin.
What sort of things are you noticing with the diet? are you having to modify anything? or is it smooth sailing once you fall into ketosis.

My body definitely did not have a hard time going back in, it literally took a day. I wasn't on this medication when I was doing it before my month long break. And it literally took my body a month to handle the medication. I am just wondering it anyone has had to make adjustments or not.

Have a great OP day!
fannymae32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #68  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
I'm a little bit bummed today.. OK a LOT bummed!!! I moved to phase 3 last week as I was 136 at my last weigh in. I had a minor surgery yesterday, stepped on the scale and I now weigh 147lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! I know in my head that a lot of the weight is due to the saline IV's - but still - PANIC!!!! My clothes even feel tight today - gross!
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #69  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Well Hello Everyone!!

I am off to a late start since I work late tonight! I felt good when I woke up this morning! and my work pants were falling down to my knees as I was walking out the door (made me think of Jordanna's story) So I had to turn around and dig for a smaller size!

Also I was looking at a pile of jeans yesterday that I havent been able to wear for about 3 years. and tried a pair on and they fit me better now than they did when I bought them... my BF FINALLY made a comment "I havent seen those on you in a long time... and now they look a little too big!"

I am pretty excited for tomorrow. I am going to a preseason Seahawks game. I am going with a girlfriend that has season tickets... We are celebrating a girls day! I did tell her that I am on IP and so we are gonna hit up a steak house for a later lunch, since the game is at 7:30. ** I am a pretty big seahawks fan**
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #70  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Some new words of wisdom from my coach. Pay attention to your body! It talks to you every single day........

So, have you ever had that feeling of low blood sugar? You know you get light headed, dizzy, maybe a bit nauseous? Our immediate response is to grab some carbs and stop the dizzy feeling. Your body demands blood glucose as it's first solution for energy demand. However, if you can stop what you are doing and be still for about 20 minutes, your body will then produce and release glucagon, a hormone made in the pancreas just like glucose BUT it's primary source is STORED FAT (not the carb-insulin-glucose cycle)! Your body will use the glucagon for fuel rather than glucose. It is what happens over night when you sleep. Your brain/body knows it is not going to get carbs during the eight or so hours you are sleeping so it automatically releases glucagon. The more times you do not grab the carbs during waking hours and produce insulin/glucose, the faster your body will release the fat and produce glucagon for fuel. You can actually train your body to do precisely that and it is what we do in Phase 3 of the Ideal Protein diet! Have you ever heard the term, Mary has a "fast metabolism", well that is what we are training your body to do in the reprogramming phase 3 of the diet. It is therefore imperative that you go through phase 3. PLEASE work with your coach if you are struggling to complete the diet. To go through phase 1 & 2 and quit before phase 3 is a HUGE mistake. Phase 3 is the essence of the diet and what sets it apart from all other diets.

For example: A dieter who uses a heart rate monitor while working out reported that her caloric expenditure increased by 200 calories after going through phase 3! Another reason to buy into completion of the diet!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #71  
1Sunny1

S/C/G: 241/218/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I just wanted to say your guys are awesome. I get so much support just by reading your posts! Thank you! I tried on some pants last night that I couldn't even come close to buttoning two weeks ago. Last night they buttoned!! Still shouldn't wear them in public yet, but soon! Hubby says "now you just need to find some exercises for that" (pointing to my belly). My five year old says "wow mom you are even skinnier than I thought!". A five year old gets it! My husband will be able to see in a few days when the swelling goes down. Kidding! All he could say when I glared at him was "just sayin". He lost 20 pounds by cutting out soda and candy last month. He doesn't understand! Good thing he has other good qualities! Have a great day everyone!

1Sunny1

Last edited by 1Sunny1; 09-01-2011 at 02:52 PM.
1Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #72  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Some new words of wisdom from my coach. Pay attention to your body! It talks to you every single day........

So, have you ever had that feeling of low blood sugar? You know you get light headed, dizzy, maybe a bit nauseous? Our immediate response is to grab some carbs and stop the dizzy feeling. Your body demands blood glucose as it's first solution for energy demand. However, if you can stop what you are doing and be still for about 20 minutes, your body will then produce and release glucagon, a hormone made in the pancreas just like glucose BUT it's primary source is STORED FAT (not the carb-insulin-glucose cycle)! Your body will use the glucagon for fuel rather than glucose. It is what happens over night when you sleep. Your brain/body knows it is not going to get carbs during the eight or so hours you are sleeping so it automatically releases glucagon. The more times you do not grab the carbs during waking hours and produce insulin/glucose, the faster your body will release the fat and produce glucagon for fuel. You can actually train your body to do precisely that and it is what we do in Phase 3 of the Ideal Protein diet! Have you ever heard the term, Mary has a "fast metabolism", well that is what we are training your body to do in the reprogramming phase 3 of the diet. It is therefore imperative that you go through phase 3. PLEASE work with your coach if you are struggling to complete the diet. To go through phase 1 & 2 and quit before phase 3 is a HUGE mistake. Phase 3 is the essence of the diet and what sets it apart from all other diets.

For example: A dieter who uses a heart rate monitor while working out reported that her caloric expenditure increased by 200 calories after going through phase 3! Another reason to buy into completion of the diet!
Great words, I was just thinking about you this morning. Had not seen you around for a few days was worried about you. Glad to see you are doing ok.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
Here's a couple of questions.

1. Is there a reason the official Ideal Protein site doesnt list some of the newer products? I have been LOVING the new White Chocolate Vanilla Crunch bars, but only saw them advertised on a few clinic pages.

2. Is there a link to the official guidelines about egg white usage somewhere? I have heard from enough people on this board that most coaches let you use them as "free" (within moderation, ie., 2) but would like to see it somewhere official if possible.

3. Is there an updated approved foods list somewhere? My list still has 2 eggs allowed for the protein and I have read on this board that it was increased to 4. My list also says squash is completely forbidden (not just restricted), but I have read quite a few posts about using the squash in recipes. Curious if there have been some recent changes. My coaches were just in D.C. for a conference a few months ago, but didnt have an updated list.

In other news, thanks to whomever reminded us that you can drink the chocolate HOT as well as cold. I love it so much iced and blended that I didnt want to "waste" it with less water as a hot chocolate. But I had it this morning based on the recommendation and felt that the heat actually took away my hunger better than the cold! (Thats what my coach said and I didnt believe her. Shouldve known since she and her husband (co-coaches) are both awesome and really helpful.)

Hope everyone has a good day.

One of the members (champaignsupernova) went to an IP seminar and she was told that officially egg whites are not "free" as per IP, but that some coaches do allow it. So I guess the coaches have some discretion on the protocol, but it is not official IP protocol. (I do use them btw)

In the new phase I sheet it says that you can have 2 eggs only. Some people have mentioned that they have eggs as protein addition if they work out, but that's a different issue I guess.

Someone posted this here, so I hope that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Phase 1 _ 2011 revisions.pdf (78.4 KB, 15 views)
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
out of curiousity has anyone tried making zucchini pancakes with flax meal & egg whites as the binder? Just thought you could then have it as a dinner side dish which would feel more like a starch rather than using an IP pkg?

I think I might try it...

Also - did anyone ever try making the zucchini pancakes out of the crushed up IP Cereal?
I have not done it from the binder but the other day I tried making fritters or something like that. I used egg whites and zucchini and some baking powder. They held up their shape and all but were awful. The dogs enjoyed them.
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
Don't worry, your body has been through surgery, hang in there. You'll be as good as new in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Well Hello Everyone!!

I am off to a late start since I work late tonight! I felt good when I woke up this morning! and my work pants were falling down to my knees as I was walking out the door (made me think of Jordanna's story) So I had to turn around and dig for a smaller size!

Also I was looking at a pile of jeans yesterday that I havent been able to wear for about 3 years. and tried a pair on and they fit me better now than they did when I bought them... my BF FINALLY made a comment "I havent seen those on you in a long time... and now they look a little too big!"

I am pretty excited for tomorrow. I am going to a preseason Seahawks game. I am going with a girlfriend that has season tickets... We are celebrating a girls day! I did tell her that I am on IP and so we are gonna hit up a steak house for a later lunch, since the game is at 7:30. ** I am a pretty big seahawks fan**
Hooray for the NSV of the baggy pants and boyfriend comments!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post

thank you for posting this! It's really helps when you feel tempted to cheat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sunny1 View Post
I just wanted to say your guys are awesome. I get so much support just by reading your posts! Thank you! I tried on some pants last night that I couldn't even come close to buttoning two weeks ago. Last night they buttoned!! Still shouldn't wear them in public yet, but soon! Hubby says "now you just need to find some exercises for that" (pointing to my belly). My five year old says "wow mom you are even skinnier than I thought!". A five year old gets it! My husband will be able to see in a few days when the swelling goes down. Kidding! All he could say when I glared at him was "just sayin". He lost 20 pounds by cutting out soda and candy last month. He doesn't understand! Good thing he has other good qualities! Have a great day everyone!

1Sunny1
Oh my goodness. Boys sucks. They have it way easier. The nerve of him to say that. Good thing you love him.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote