Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3450651-post42.html

Here is the link to the original post indicating how is best to search the whole ideal protein subforum on the 3fatchicks site.

Somehow the way we do the opening post has been changed from how it once was and the information about how to search has been lost. Maybe we can add it back.

Anyway, using the tip suggested should narrow the field some.

site:3fatchicks.com "ideal protein" + here you put whatever you are searching for

NOTE: if you are searching for a joint set of words like pizza crust or pudding cakes you can get slightly better results if you put quotation marks around the joint words, like so, "pizza crust" that way it will eliminate any simple pizza reference

example:
site:3fatchicks.com "ideal protein" + hair loss

site:3fatchicks.com "ideal protein" + "pudding cakes"

copy and paste the either of the above line into the google search bar and you will get LOTS of hits

AND, Yes, the daily thread will always have a date or date range if weekend/holiday.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-26-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

I really have to apologize in advance... I have very few windows of opportunity when I get to sit down at the computer, usually two naptimes and after bedtime (right now). I have been trying so hard to use the search engine and read stickies and what not but I just don't have time. From what I've found most of you will answer my dumb questions that have already been asked a million times!

I want to be a part of the daily chats so bad but there is just no way I can keep up! When I do get the chance to jump on I don't have time to sift through 7-8 pages of stuff but sometimes have time to just post a question or see what else is being asked recently. I'm trying to read up on the recipe/alternative/faq threads every chance I get but meanwhile I seriously appreciate how helpful you all are!

I think this site came to me at a perfect time when I was needing that extra push of support from others and variety to my menu. I am so glad I found it! I seriously look forward to jumping on when I get an extra minute and am in love with the new recipes I have got here. I wish I could be more involved poster and stay caught up on daily chats but either way I am grateful for the patience of you all with my "newbie" status and the fact that I don't have time to "weed" through it all first. But wuv I will def try to search the daily chat quickly before posting a question. Thank you!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I KNOW!!! When I first started on the board I think there was a total of 24 of us. It is amazing how much things changed after a few clinic coaches started recommending the board. Do you know I actually found my recipes borrowed from here (no acknowledgment) posted on a recipes section of a clinics facebook page! Apparently we are well referenced because I had no clue whose clinic or facebook page it was. We are definitely with more people and reach than there was 2 years ago.
I find it odd that a clinic would recommend 3FC just b/c of the ideas you can get on alternative products! When I was recently telling my coach about my new excitement with pudding cakes and pancakes she had no idea you could do such a thing. Are these your original recipes? because I need to seriously give a shout out to whoever came up with these.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:50 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
I really have to apologize in advance... I have very few windows of opportunity when I get to sit down at the computer, usually two naptimes and after bedtime (right now). I have been trying so hard to use the search engine and read stickies and what not but I just don't have time. From what I've found most of you will answer my dumb questions that have already been asked a million times!

I want to be a part of the daily chats so bad but there is just no way I can keep up! When I do get the chance to jump on I don't have time to sift through 7-8 pages of stuff but sometimes have time to just post a question or see what else is being asked recently. I'm trying to read up on the recipe/alternative/faq threads every chance I get but meanwhile I seriously appreciate how helpful you all are!

I think this site came to me at a perfect time when I was needing that extra push of support from others and variety to my menu. I am so glad I found it! I seriously look forward to jumping on when I get an extra minute and am in love with the new recipes I have got here. I wish I could be more involved poster and stay caught up on daily chats but either way I am grateful for the patience of you all with my "newbie" status and the fact that I don't have time to "weed" through it all first. But wuv I will def try to search the daily chat quickly before posting a question. Thank you!!!
Quote:
I find it odd that a clinic would recommend 3FC just b/c of the ideas you can get on alternative products! When I was recently telling my coach about my new excitement with pudding cakes and pancakes she had no idea you could do such a thing. Are these your original recipes? because I need to seriously give a shout out to whoever came up with these.
Just join in at your own pace. Say hello, let us know how a weigh in went, let us know any success you had and, offer an encouraging word if and when you have time. Some people just need that one word at the right time or a really good example. You never know if it could be you. Don't worry about being super active that isn't what matters the most.

YES! You would be surprised but, there are a few clinic owners who are regular posters right now. I do know for a fact we have been recommended by some clinic owners from former posts. We also have many well informed lurkers who take away information for others.

AND, another YES! Many of these recipes were created through much trial and error by the users on this thread. Some are modifications of old favorite recipes they had while others are just made to satisfy a need. The pancake, cracker, muffin, zucchini cakes, and souffle are some examples. Other examples are the ice cream, pizza crust, raspberry salad dressing, and big mac in a bowl. Many others are out there too!

Btw, I like you username. It is what we use to call my little sister.

We're glad you found us!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:53 PM   #20  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Wildflower, I did not mean for you not to ask questions, by all means do.

Every week when I go in my coach ask me if I have new recipes to share and YES, I let her know who I got the recipe from. I talk about this site all the time when I go WI and we discuss things that I see on here. Its all a learning lifestyle
Old 08-27-2011, 12:02 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Also wanted to add how overwhelming it is for many of us newbies, not only trying to get this diet down, but trying to figure out how the forum works. Please be patient with us. I realize how frustrating it must be for you veterans. I will try using the search feature more effectively. I apologize if Ive posted too much, its just that I am barely hanging on right now and oh so close to my goal!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:02 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Wildflower, I did not mean for you not to ask questions, by all means do.

Every week when I go in my coach ask me if I have new recipes to share and YES, I let her know who I got the recipe from. I talk about this site all the time when I go WI and we discuss things that I see on here. Its all a learning lifestyle
I have been doing this same thing with my coach.
haha ever since I started hanging out here my coach now says "well what new recipe did you do this week!?" I think she likes my enthusiasm but sometimes I feel more into it than she is. She is very surprised by these and I just feel like if I worked there I would be out finding these things to share with customers.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:06 AM   #23  

Quote:
I have been doing this same thing with my coach.
haha ever since I started hanging out here my coach now says "well what new recipe did you do this week!?" I think she likes my enthusiasm but sometimes I feel more into it than she is. She is very surprised by these and I just feel like if I worked there I would be out finding these things to share with customers.
EXACTLY!!!....I think I am the youngest one(45) that goes to my clinic and most of them are in Maintenance so there is no more enthusiasm for her. I come in there talking a mile a minute to tell her everything....haha
Old 08-27-2011, 12:07 AM   #24  

Quote:
Just join in at your own pace. Say hello, let us know how a weigh in went, let us know any success you had and, offer an encouraging word if and when you have time. Some people just need that one word at the right time or a really good example. You never know if it could be you. Don't worry about being super active that isn't what matters the most.

YES! You would be surprised but, there are a few clinic owners who are regular posters right now. I do know for a fact we have been recommended by some clinic owners from former posts. We also have many well informed lurkers who take away information for others.

AND, another YES! Many of these recipes were created through much trial and error by the users on this thread. Some are modifications of old favorite recipes they had while others are just made to satisfy a need. The pancake, cracker, muffin, zucchini cakes, and souffle are some examples. Other examples are the ice cream, pizza crust, raspberry salad dressing, and big mac in a bowl. Many others are out there too!

Btw, I like you username. It is what we use to call my little sister.

We're glad you found us!
Like I was saying if I worked in a clinic I would want to be on this forum. There is just to much good info. here! Obviously, for many, more info. than they get at their clinic even.

I'm still in complete awe of the pudding cake and pancake. I've been making those like crazy lately. I recently had the big mac bowl and that is good too! Oh I also tried Kohlrabi b/c of this forum and I love it!

My SN comes from my wedding date and I love wildflowers which were my wedding "flower" so thats the whole story there pretty much!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:07 AM   #25  

Please, NO ONE, should feel any of these posts are directed at them. It was simply a series of discussions (many of which have occured numerous times over the past year) trying to make things better for everyone.

If it is confusing for us veterans who have been here to watch the forum change and grow, it must be very confusing for all the new people joining in. We just want to find a way that would be more informative so people aren't as overwhelmed or feeling they post something only to have many new threads come in and now, what they really needed help on has been buried way down the page or moved to page 2.

No personal attacks or hard feelings being expressed, just desires for an even more usable an functional forum.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-27-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:09 AM   #26  

Quote:
Please, NO ONE, should feel any of these posts are directed at them. It was simple a series of discussions (many of which have occured numerous times over the past year) trying to make things better for everyone.

If it is confusing for us veterans who have been here to watch the forum change and grow, it must be very confusing for all the new people joining in. We just want to find a way that would be more informative so people aren't as overwhelmed or feeling they post something only to have many new threads come in and now, what they really needed help on has been buried way down the page or moved to page 2.

No personal attacks or hard feelings being expressed, just desires for an even more usable an functional forum.
Thank you
Old 08-27-2011, 12:09 AM   #27  

Quote:
Like I was saying if I worked in a clinic I would want to be on this forum. There is just to much good info. here! Obviously, for many, more info. than they get at their clinic even.

I'm still in complete awe of the pudding cake and pancake. I've been making those like crazy lately. I recently had the big mac bowl and that is good too! Oh I also tried Kohlrabi b/c of this forum and I love it!

My SN comes from my wedding date and I love wildflowers which were my wedding "flower" so thats the whole story there pretty much!
Make sure to try the kale chips and the cauliflower mashed "potatoes" too! You might even like the cauliflower popcorn or the faux fried rice!

Lots of great ideas to get you thru!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #28  

Quote:
Please, NO ONE, should feel any of these posts are directed at them. It was simple a series of discussions (many of which have occured numerous times over the past year) trying to make things better for everyone.

Well put Carla!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:11 AM   #29  

Quote:
Make sure to try the kale chips and the cauliflower mashed "potatoes" too! You might even like the cauliflower popcorn or the faux fried rice!

Lots of great ideas to get you thru!
These mashed potatoes are next on my list. I got the "ninja" a couple weeks ago when it was on sale at Target and I'm anxiously waiting to try them in it.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #30  

Jordanna and Wuv: Thanks and Your welcome.

Quote:
These mashed potatoes are next on my list. I got the "ninja" a couple weeks ago when it was on sale at Target and I'm anxiously waiting to try them in it.
What is a ninja? I am familiar with a bullet but don't know what a ninja is. There are a few different mashed recipes so try until you find a favorite.
Closed Thread