Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #31  

Morning all - did fairly well on the sleep training last night, Charlie only woke up once at 3am for a feed...vast improvement from last week!

I think I'm going to take the kids to our small town farmers market today, I'm going to have to stay away from the Hutterite Colony's booth though, we always used to get one of their pies to have for dessert with Sunday dinner. Yay for fresh veggies for me and maybe a baked treat for Hudson

Happy Friday all!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #32  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
What is that?
It's a magnesium supplement that works awesome for constipation. We first heard about it from my daughter's Dr because she has constipation problems and has been taking Miralax for years.
Natural Calm works with just a tsp, but I would start with 1/2 tsp, if that doesn't work by tomorrow, try a tsp.
If I take 1 tsp I have to sprint to the bathroom as soon as I wake up.

Mix it in 2-3oz warm water, stir and let sit 10minutes before drinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post

Well this morning I had a NSV. I was getting dressed for work, I carry 2 cellphones on my waist 1 personal and 1 for work. I put my pants on, then put my cellphones on and my pants fell to the floor....I was laughing at myself. I knew my pants were big but not big enough to fall on the floor...haha. Happened to me yesterday with a pair of shorts I tried on too. My son said ummm Mom I think you have to go buy you at least 1 or 2 pair of pants that fit you....lol. So I think I will be hitting the thrift store this afternoon to see what I can find. They usually don't have very many bigger girls clothes but it won't hurt to go find out right?
WOO HOO ~ That's a great way to start the morning!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Morning all - did fairly well on the sleep training last night, Charlie only woke up once at 3am for a feed...vast improvement from last week!
That's great!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #33  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Yay it's Friday. I have butterflies in my stomach as my son is flying with me to Calgary tonight. I do it every month for work but it's his first time flying. He's not one for rides so I am worried for him but not showing it of course.

We went to a friends house last night to see their new acreage and they both commented on my weight loss, yay! It took us forever to leave our house because I couldn't find anything that looks good on me anymore. I really need to go shopping so I may do that while we're in Calgary. My sister also told me that she may be starting IP after the long weekend which would be awesome. Always nice to do it with a partner even though we are a province apart.

Have a great OP weekend everyone. Not sure when I'll be on again as I'm working in the office all next week. (I love working from home)
Old 08-26-2011, 12:23 PM   #34  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

Happy Friday! Had a great weigh in this morning (-5lbs) which is nice after last weeks lower number (TOM). Hope everyone has a great weekend and those on the east coast are safe. Take care.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #35  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Today I'm trying something new for lunch because I had to bring it to work. I made the herb omelet but when it was cooked and still flat in the pan, I spread a little chipotle ranch and then added some veggies. then I folded it an cut it into half and squished it together. It's like an egg guesadilla. That will go with my salad. Hope it's good.
I take omelettes for lunch also. I like them!!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #36  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahDC View Post
Happy Friday! Had a great weigh in this morning (-5lbs) which is nice after last weeks lower number (TOM). Hope everyone has a great weekend and those on the east coast are safe. Take care.
Great on the 5 pound loss. That is so nice after a lower week,

My son is in South Carolina right next to the Hurricane..in the blue zone!!! I am watching the news on all of my work breaks.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #37  
Maile

Exciting news. My coach asked me if I wanted to move to Phase 2 as I am 12 pounds from goal. However, I said no. I am afraid to leave Phase 1 and have my loss slow down through the 50s...also I am just getting used to being back at school and packing lunches is easier with packets.
However, I am very happy as my goal is getting closer!!
Testing kids today and watching the Hurricane and hoping it stays away from my son in South Carolina.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #38  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:

Great job on that 5lbs!!...keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Great on the 5 pound loss. That is so nice after a lower week,

My son is in South Carolina right next to the Hurricane..in the blue zone!!! I am watching the news on all of my work breaks.
I hope your son will be able to make it through the hurricane with no damages. They do not know how to prepare for hurricanes as we do down here in Mississippi. But I am sure they have prepared for it as best as they could. Sending prayers for everyone on the east coast to be safe.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #39  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Good day all. WI#11...Zero pounds lost but there are 5 more inches gone from my body! So happy.....wishing the best for everyone today and throughout the weekend.

I went to have my nails done first thing this morning. The owner was late opening so I strolled into the coffee shop next door to treat myself to a nice hot tea. While the barista was preparing it, I strolled over to the "goodies case" just to test my willpower. There were so many sweet and a few savory treats that back in the day I would have said "I deserve that". I am happy to say I found none of them the least bit appealing. The regular cookies were the size of softballs and what they called "mini" was the size of a normal cookie! Hind sight IS 20/20.......no wonder I could so easily succumb to temptation and not realize how horrible was choice was.

Birthday party tomorrow nite for a friend.....food and drink galore. I will be attending with a full tummy and extra water in my purse.

Stay strong and reap the rewards!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #40  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom9799 View Post
I have a big challenge today. I am fixing friends of mine dinner and taking it to their house. My friend Todd is battling leukemia right now and just got out of the hospital. He was released last Friday because his father passed away from cancer. I want to help them because they are having to go to the hospital EVERY day for treatment and with his dad dying I wanted the ease their burden of trying to fix decide what to eat and to fix for dinner. They have 4 kids too. So.....I'm making them a huge homemade lasagna with garlic bread and fixing a small one for my kids and husband. I'm praying for strength as my whole house fills with the aroma of glorious lasagna!!! This battle for me is nothing like his fight against leukemia!! So I CAN DO IT!!! I just have to remember not eat the noodles when I test them!!!;-)
My prayers are with your friends, that is such a rough time. You are a great friend, I think your friendship and food will be a godsent to them. We all sometimes think we have it rough and then we find out about friends and family that are going through life threatening and changing issues and we look at our lifes and realize that we don't have it too darn bad. Take care

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
Yay it's Friday. I have butterflies in my stomach as my son is flying with me to Calgary tonight. I do it every month for work but it's his first time flying. He's not one for rides so I am worried for him but not showing it of course.

We went to a friends house last night to see their new acreage and they both commented on my weight loss, yay! It took us forever to leave our house because I couldn't find anything that looks good on me anymore. I really need to go shopping so I may do that while we're in Calgary. My sister also told me that she may be starting IP after the long weekend which would be awesome. Always nice to do it with a partner even though we are a province apart.

Have a great OP weekend everyone. Not sure when I'll be on again as I'm working in the office all next week. (I love working from home)
You should be able to find some nice high end thrift shops there or consignment stores. Will you have a car? there is a big mall just out of town on the way to airdrie, that has some designer discount stores there. Have a great weekend.

Quote:
congrats that is great. Also hoping for a safe weekend for the east coast.

Quote:
Exciting news. My coach asked me if I wanted to move to Phase 2 as I am 12 pounds from goal. However, I said no. I am afraid to leave Phase 1 and have my loss slow down through the 50s...also I am just getting used to being back at school and packing lunches is easier with packets.
However, I am very happy as my goal is getting closer!!
Testing kids today and watching the Hurricane and hoping it stays away from my son in South Carolina.
I have been on phase 2 this week and I was SCARED, SCARED, SCARED... and you know what... nothing to be scared of. so you add an extra protein for lunch instead of the packet... I kind of found it a relief I didn't have to bring my shaker with me this week. I bought the mango rtds to drink and then my lunch. I have been doing salads all week, with eggs, tuna, hamburger, polloch (fake crab) for lunch and they have been so easy. Of course I miss my broccoli and cheese soup I have at lunch all the time but oh well it is a sign of progress... or in my case not much progress as this is hope to jump start me. Which is a funny thing because I was looking at our spreadsheet for second part of summer and I still lost around 12 lbs from July 1 to now so I shouldn't be complaining too much... that is still good average. You can conquer your fears... I did.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #41  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

Thanks ladies for the continued support, I really look forward to reading IP posts everyday. Love the positivity!! Today is my 5 year wedding anniversary and hubby is so sweet to think of my eating when planning dinner. We will have veggie, chicken and shrimp skewers on the BBQ and I might even try making the mashed cauliflower. He is not on IP but eats the same dinners I do and is starting to think about doing it himself. I don't push him, as he does have weight to lose, because I know it only works if you are mentally ready, atleast that has been true for me. I just love how good I feel and want the same for him when he is ready.
Have a great weekend!!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Thanks ladies for the continued support, I really look forward to reading IP posts everyday. Love the positivity!! Today is my 5 year wedding anniversary and hubby is so sweet to think of my eating when planning dinner. We will have veggie, chicken and shrimp skewers on the BBQ and I might even try making the mashed cauliflower. He is not on IP but eats the same dinners I do and is starting to think about doing it himself. I don't push him, as he does have weight to lose, because I know it only works if you are mentally ready, atleast that has been true for me. I just love how good I feel and want the same for him when he is ready.
Have a great weekend!!
Happy Anniversary! Have a great dinner!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #43  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Quote:
I take omelettes for lunch also. I like them!!!!
OMG! I'm eating it now. It's fabulous. It almost feels and tastes like I'm eating bread. I'll be getting more omelets for lunches i nthe future. And they aren't restricted yay!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #44  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post

I have been on phase 2 this week and I was SCARED, SCARED, SCARED... and you know what... nothing to be scared of. so you add an extra protein for lunch instead of the packet... I kind of found it a relief I didn't have to bring my shaker with me this week. I bought the mango rtds to drink and then my lunch. I have been doing salads all week, with eggs, tuna, hamburger, polloch (fake crab) for lunch and they have been so easy. Of course I miss my broccoli and cheese soup I have at lunch all the time but oh well it is a sign of progress... or in my case not much progress as this is hope to jump start me. Which is a funny thing because I was looking at our spreadsheet for second part of summer and I still lost around 12 lbs from July 1 to now so I shouldn't be complaining too much... that is still good average. You can conquer your fears... I did.
You know 2Ride, you might want to check the stats on the fake crab. I love that stuff but I know I couldn't use it when I was on atkins because it has carbs - quite a few actually. Better to go with the HUGELY EXPENSIVE real crab.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Old 08-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #45  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
You know 2Ride, you might want to check the stats on the fake crab. I love that stuff but I know I couldn't use it when I was on atkins because it has carbs - quite a few actually. Better to go with the HUGELY EXPENSIVE real crab.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
I have already looked at that and I am fine for that. but thanks anyway.
Closed Thread