Old 01-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #406  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Bumping for the new people on IP. There are some great staple recipes I found in this thread.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:20 AM   #407  
junior lifestyle changer

S/C/G: 272/290/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow, that is really interesting "FinnSteven". Now I feel less hesitant to try stevia. I am excited to try the recipes on here!
Waterdog2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #408  

Steven,

Thanks for this post. I have really loved the cappuccino drink in the morning. I stopped drinking coffee because I didn't want it with out my half and half, but the cappuccino is a great substitute however, I found that it doesn't last until the next time I eat. Thanks for this. I'll try these suggestions out!
tmabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #409  

I got this recent one from his facebook page

JAMAICAN JERK SEASONING: Want to fire up your BBQ with some spicy meat? This unusual island favourite will burn your taste buds with delicious heat.

INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
1 tablespoon garlic powder
4 teaspoons crushed dry thyme leaves
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 package (coffee serving size) Truvia or other sweetener
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
(I add 1 teaspoon crushed cardamom, but not required)

Squeeze of lime and some fresh cilantro if desired.

DIRECTIONS:
In a small bowl, stir together the dried onion, thyme, allspice, ground black pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt.

Coat meat (Chicken, Pork or Jumbo Shrimp/ Prawns) lightly with olive oil (I use a spray bottle to use less oil than just pouring it on), then rub seasoning onto meat.

Grill on BBQ or cook in over or pan as desired. I squeeze a fresh lime over the meat and serve with grilled veggies (Zucchini, Eggplant, Paprika) Very spicy, sweet, and flavorful.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #410  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Thanks again to everyone for all the sweet messages. So happy that the recipes have been helpful. Although I no longer have time to post on this site, please feel free to LIKE my Facebook page to get weekly updates from me. (Or to just click the PHOTOS section on that page for over 100+ recipes and tips)

http://www.facebook.com/idealproteinlohja

This reason I started created and compiling IP recipes came from the original Chef Verati cookbooks. I thought they were a good start when I started the diet, but I found the recipes confusing because they did not mention which phase they were for, didnt always have pictures of the final product and often used many ingredients not on Phase 1 protocol. To be fair, I have heard that his newest cookbook does a better job at addressing those issues (I dont have a copy), but I still feel that his recipes are truly "gourmet" vs everyday.

What I mean by that is that I see his gorgeous plating and presentation of meals and immediately feel overwhelmed by the ingredients or setup. So, no offence to his style, but I wanted to find recipes that were easy, delicious, and used just the ingredients that the protocol says are allowed on Phase 1 (or at least make notes if there is something that could be questioned.)

I am not an Ideal Protein coach and I am not an Ideal Protein Clinic (I was on a trial for the IP diet in my country, but the clinics have not opened and are still on hold because of challenges with customs and regulations (mostly about the products with milk in them)). I have never been contacted by Ideal Protein leadership/ management, so I have no idea what they think of my recipes. All I know is that they have worked wonders for me by helping me to ENJOY dieting and not feel like I was starving, bored or denied like on every other diet I have tried.

So good luck to you all and best wishes for continued DELICIOUS weight loss!

http://www.facebook.com/idealproteinlohja
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #411  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Big Thank You!

I almost shed a tear when I saw you made potato rolls... I have been craving bread...

Thank you for the amazing work on the recipes... You will never know how much they are truly appreciated!

FrostyBobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:41 AM   #412  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

I attended a meeting with Dr. Kerr today. He said Green Bell Peppers are the approved vegetable. The others (red, yellow, etc) would be on the limited list....2 times a week or so.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #413  

S/C/G: 202/150/145

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for all of the wonderful recipes you have shared with us! Your creative ideas have really helped me through this diet
dreawilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:39 AM   #414  

S/C/G: 187/177/145

Height: 5'7"

@Finnsteven ..

ahaaa!! I am so thrilled to discover your ideas. You just made my day!!
I am doing a little happy dance right now

THANK YOUUU
Vmoktan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #415  

I cannot access your FB page to view the ideal recipes, help
Cathyplsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #416  

S/C/G: 189/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Thank you for all these wonderful recipes! I cannot wait to try some!!
Becca Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #417  

S/C/G: 189/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Cauliflower Rice

The cauliflower rice looks amazing. But I did try a similar recipe and the cauliflower never got to the right consistency. It was sort of rubbery
I will try again
Becca Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:43 AM   #418  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
I attended a meeting with Dr. Kerr today. He said Green Bell Peppers are the approved vegetable. The others (red, yellow, etc) would be on the limited list....2 times a week or so.
Strange, because the official IP protocol sheets state only 'bell peppers' and 'hot peppers' on the APPROVED list. Did he give you a reason why he's not following the Protocol lists? No restrictions are made by colour, and often hot peppers are red or orange. One cup of green peppers raw chopped = 4 net carbs, 200% Vit C, 11% Vit A while one cup of red peppers raw chopped is 6 net carbs, 317% Vit C, 93% Vit A. Yellow peppers 1 cup raw chopped = 5 net carbs, 306% Vit C, 4% Vit A. I think that is bunk to put it mildly - just going by the IP protocol sheets. Coloured peppers ARE NOT LISTED ON THE 'OCCASIONAL' LIST in the protocol sheets. With a diet this restrictive we need as many natural vitamins as we can get.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #419  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Strange, because the official IP protocol sheets state only 'bell peppers' and 'hot peppers' on the APPROVED list. Did he give you a reason why he's not following the Protocol lists? No restrictions are made by colour, and often hot peppers are red or orange. One cup of green peppers raw chopped = 4 net carbs, 200% Vit C, 11% Vit A while one cup of red peppers raw chopped is 6 net carbs, 317% Vit C, 93% Vit A. Yellow peppers 1 cup raw chopped = 5 net carbs, 306% Vit C, 4% Vit A. I think that is bunk to put it mildly - just going by the IP protocol sheets. Coloured peppers ARE NOT LISTED ON THE 'OCCASIONAL' LIST in the protocol sheets. With a diet this restrictive we need as many natural vitamins as we can get.
Not sure if you noticed but that green pepper post was in 2013! It does come up all the time though. From day 1, I read the list like you and eat every colour but green - for some reason I don't like them. My very new coach tried to tell me green only and I said too bad! I have lost consistently and eat at least one cup of coloured peppers everyday.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:05 AM   #420  

S/C/G: 162/136/120, Reboot 4/4/15

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you for bumping up this thread! I am a newbie and am THRILLED to get some new recipe ideas!!! Thanks also for clarifying the red pepper issue, as I have been eating them daily and started to panic when I read they are restricted...
SuzieQ120 is offline   Reply With Quote