Old 01-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem7412 View Post
When you say... add in IP Banana Pudding... do you mean the mix or actually make up pudding with water and then add it that to the mix?
Just the IP Pudding packet. Dont make the pudding and add it.
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #287  

Default Get PDF of Tons of FinnSteven's Recipes!

Now... let's see if this works....

WOO HOO! DOWNLOADABLE PDF (FINALLY!) OF TONS OF RECIPES FROM MY FB PAGE IS FINALLY HERE (Version 1)

Click Here to go to my Facebook page for the link to the pdf and instructions to download it.

If you arent familiar with pdfs, you can download a free Adobe Acrobat pdf reader here. (Uncheck the box that installs the free toolbar. You dont need it)

If you get a "File Not Available" its because there was a high download that day... just try again later. (I am still looking for a free site to host 5MB file that wont have limits with the download. Open to recommendations!)

Please let me know if a favourite recipe from my site is missing. I put this together for my coach for some of our new dieters in Finland, and didnt have time to do all the recipes yet. (If I get a few PayPal donations to help out, I'll update in a few months with a lot more. I started this project while on a 6 week paid summer vacation so it was easier to update often. Now my day job (and the sheer number of recipes created already!) makes it harder to prioritize frequent updates... but I'll try to keep going as long as I have ideas and inspiration from others)

Good luck and happy dieting! Suffering is optional! (But preparation and pre-making the food for your work lunches the night before sure helps, too! haha)

Last edited by FinnSteven; 01-13-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #288  

Height: 5'0"

Was able to download it beautifully and even make a copy to share. Yes, I will definitely update my Paypal and send a donation. Thank you so much for all the time and work you have put into this!!
shelly ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 179.8/171.4/130

Height: 5'4

Oh my gosh I am so psyched to have found this thread.....Finn you are a life safer & I LOVE that you are taking pictures!! That helps so much to see what it should look like. I've only been on the IP for 2 weeks & was already getting bored with chicken breast & broccoli,lol.
lulubele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:56 AM   #290  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubele View Post
Oh my gosh I am so psyched to have found this thread.....Finn you are a life safer & I LOVE that you are taking pictures!! That helps so much to see what it should look like. I've only been on the IP for 2 weeks & was already getting bored with chicken breast & broccoli,lol.
:-) I will be posting a few new recipes this week after a long break. Glad they are helping. (And dont be intimidated by anything that looks hard. I dont do difficult cooking. We have a family of 3 boys so dont have tons of time to cook. So everything is easy if you read the directions.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

bump
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #292  

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntdee View Post
I made the "Ice Cream".... I used the Peach Mango drink mix... tasted like Sorbet... very good and a nice change of pace. I used the Chocolate drink the second time, it was like a Fudgecicle... very good.

This is the Boy Scout way of making Ice Cream while camping.

IP Ice Cream
Ingredients:
1 IP drink packet (I used the chocolate drink packet for chocolate ice cream)
½ TSP of vanilla extract
1 packet of sweetener (optional)
1 cup of water
½ cup of course salt
Ice

Directions:
Put 1 cup of water into IP shaker – add in vanilla and sweetener – then the IP drink packet and shake until well blended. Pour mixture into small sandwich plastic bag. SEAL TIGHT.

Take a gallon sized plastic bag and fill up half way with ice cubes. Pour ½ cup of salt into the bag. Place the sealed sandwich bag with the drink mixture inside the ice cube bag. MAKE SURE BOTH BAGS ARE SEALED TIGHT.

Now here come the little arm workout! Shake, shake, shake for 8 minutes. At about 5 minutes the mixture should be partially frozen – kind of looking like a slushy. I use pot holders while I’m shaking the bag because it’s cold to hold onto!

At 8 minutes you are going to have a hard bag of ‘ice cream’! Take out of the salty ice bag and very quickly rinse the bag off under cold water.
I just wanted to bump this thread and make a comment! I made this IP Ice Cream tonight with a ProtiDiet Chocolate Pudding packet instead of the IP drink and IT IS SOOOO AMAZING!!! Tastes just like a chocolate sorbet! SO GOOD, and only took about 5 minutes!!! THANKS for whoever posted this!! What a treat!!!!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #293  

Default Superbowl Sliders

SUPERBOWL SLIDERS
: Its been FAR too long since I have posted a new recipe and this one is a winner! Super-satisfying and the smaller size makes it feel like cheating because you get to eat more than one. The mushroom "bun" was a revelation... so delicious! You don't have to wait for the next big game to try this one.

Thanks to SaraBean for the idea and inspiration. We made these last night and they were total bliss.

Ingredients:
Portobello or Jumbo Mushrooms (pictured)
Ground Beef (or Turkey)
1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped into very small pieces
Chopped Onion (Optional)
Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper flakes
Lettuce
American Mustard (no sugar)
Tomatoes (Optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 210 C ( 410 degrees F).

2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.

3. If using Portobello Mushrooms: Place Portobello caps on a small baking sheet with the rounded tops facing down and the "gill" side up. Spray with olive oil (or cooking spray).

If using Jumbo Mushrooms (shown in picture) Cut lengthwise to make a top and bottom "bun." If needed, cut off the bottom stem before cutting and be sure to cut high enough that you have a solid top and bottom. Its not hard and you can use two "tops" if your "bottoms" fall apart. They are delicious either way.

4. Roast the caps 12 minutes. Remove them from the oven and season them with salt and pepper. Turn oven off

5. While the mushrooms are roasting, combine meat with salt and pepper, chopped bell pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. I also add chopped frozen onions to this, but its optional. (Some IP guidelines suggest not cooking onion at all. I find that as long as they dont carmelize, you are fine.)

Form meat into small patties that will fit on the size of the mushrooms you are using. Cook on a hot skillet til done.

6. When mushrooms are finished cooking, place them open-faced on the plate. If you have Carb-Free/Sugar-Free Ketchup, add to bottom "bun" and top with a lettuce leaf. Place burger on Mushroom, top with tomatoes if using. I add American mustard to the top "bun" then cover.

7. I served this with green beans (from a can! with olive oil and a multi-pepper mix) and salad. However, if I had the time, I would have served this with thinly sliced Turnip Fries. Yum.

This is really filling and you will LOVE the "bun".
Old 02-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Much thanks for the recipes

Steve,

I want to thank you for all the time and effort you've put into creating, documenting, and sharing your recipes. I love to cook and I get bored very easily, so this has been a lifesaver for me.

Your slider recipe looks so good, I'm trying it this weekend.

My clinic just got in the new product - potato puree. It's unrestricted and it's pretty good. I wondered if you've seen that or maybe everyone already knew about it and I'm behind in my information flow. I figure a creative mind like yours could do something great with mashed potatoes!

sherylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #295  

we are in finland and dont have the potato puree yet. But UNRESTRICTED potatoes!?! man, I bet I could do some serious damage with that. Cant wait to get some and see what I can do with it!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #296  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
we are in finland and dont have the potato puree yet. But UNRESTRICTED potatoes!?! man, I bet I could do some serious damage with that. Cant wait to get some and see what I can do with it!
I made stuffed peppers and put the mashed potato puree on top. I slice my pepper lengthwise in half, add the beef mixture and potato puree on top and it was almost like shepherds pie.
gs463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #297  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Yum! Thanks for sharing.
Tripmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #298  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Yum! Thanks for sharing.
Tripmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #299  

S/C/G: 267/219/175

Height: 5' 9"

Default Finland

You are the greatest inspiration to me.....Thanks again! I love your recipes and pictures of all the IP food
dawn c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #300  
Eck
Green

S/C/G: 250/228/150

Height: 5'6"

Yea Super Bowl sliders!
Thanks again for the great ideas.
Eck is offline   Reply With Quote