Old 11-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 180.4/170.4/110.0

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
Thanks for the kind words and salad dressing ideas. The Raspberry one sounds wicked good and the easy lemon/olive oil/pepper sounds fresh too.

Will have to try them out and report!

I will continue to update the FB page weekly. Yesterday, I made the non-restrictive pancakes Jordanna raved about and was sold! YUM!

"NON-RESTRICTED" PANCAKES:
Sit down to a hot, sweet, short stack of thick American Pancakes....and still be able to choose a restricted IP food later in the day!

Ideal Protein has 2 pancake packages (Choc chip & Orange), but both are considered restricted products. Meaning that if you have it, you cant have one of the bars or chili or oatmeal as well in the same day.

One clever way to "have your cake and eat it too" is to make pancakes from another non-restricted IP product... The Crispy Cereal!

IDEAL PROTEIN NON-RESTRICTED PANCAKES:
Ingredients:
1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up (I roll with a rolling pin while still in the package)
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste

Directions:
Beat together in small bowl the following:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla

Add in to cereal pkg the following:
1/4 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine.
Cook in pan as you would pancakes. (Non-stick pan or spray with PAM or other cooking spray)

I spray the pancakes with a squirt of the zero calorie/ zero carb / zero fat "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" (Ordered from ebay since they dont have it in my country) for that hot buttered taste of real pancakes.

Makes 3 - 4 small, but thick American-style pancakes. Sweet enough to eat without any other topping, but if you have the Ideal Protein Maple Syrup, use that.

Really good.
Hi Steven...do you know how to make the pancake more moist and flufflier..it tastes kinda dried when I made it...
s00knt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:18 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janedocmom View Post
Steven, you have done the impossible......you've turned me into a cook.....

SO happy for you! I love to hear that "Anyone can cook" - Rattatouile

If he liked that, the Sunday Salmon Bake w/ Mashed Cauliflower is another recipe that feels gourmet, but is super easy.

Good luck and thanks for the feedback.
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:23 AM   #213  

RE: IP Crispy Cereal Pancakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by s00knt View Post
Hi Steven...do you know how to make the pancake more moist and flufflier..it tastes kinda dried when I made it...
Well, unfortunately, this IS a diet, so many of the packet hacks will never be as wicked as IHOP or Eggos.

Others have mentioned that when adding the WF or Da Vinci/ Torani syrups makes the pancakes more moist. I spray with "I Cant Believe Its Not Butter" which also helps.

For me, I thought they were much better than I expected and loved that they were unrestricted (vs the Chocolate or Orange Pancake Packets)...but I had been on the diet for about a month and was desperate for new tastes and had my expectations managed. :-)

I would guess that if you added 1-2 tsp olive oil + a pinch of baking powder that they would puff up a bit more. But I havent tried that, so cant promise it would help.

Someone else just posted what looks like an awesome Waffle recipe which I will be trying out this morning. That might be another alternative.

And remember if you didnt love the pancakes, the IP Crispy Cereal also can be made into amazing crunchy itty bitty tiny tiny croutons for your salads.

Last edited by FinnSteven; 11-08-2011 at 03:25 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #214  

Default Waffles (IP Pudding)

WAFFLES!!! (IP Pudding):
I am SO LOVING kd1034's awesome waffle recipe that I am reposting it here to make sure it gets as many eyes (and tastebuds!) on it as possible.

I made the waffles with Lemon Pudding this morning and it was amazing. The lemon gave a tiny edge to the sweetness that reminded me of buttermilk waffles. So good.

I will be trying kd1034's other suggestion of WAFFLE SANDWICHES (using the waffle as bread!) tonight. (I will be adding about 1/2 to 1 TB of Italian herbs and dropping out the sweetener to make it more savory, and add in salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, sprouts and dressing). can't wait!

Ingredients:
1 IP Pudding Packet (I used lemon and it was perfect.)
2 beaten egg whites
Approx 2 oz of water
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of sea salt
1 Splenda, Truvia or other sweetener packet (optional)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat waffle iron.
2. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt.
3. Except for the water, mix all other ingredients.
4. Add water a little at a time. The batter should not be runny at all...fairly thick. UPDATE: I have found adding too much water may make the waffles too thin and be "just crust with air in the middle". So use just 2oz the first time you make this, then you can add a little more later if desired.
5. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter to each side of the waffle iron. This will puff up a lot, so be sure you dont have too much on or it will run off the sides. (If it does, just scoop out for another batch) The first time you make these, add less batter than you think you need to the waffle iron to avoid overrun.
6. Cook for 3-5 min (depending on your iron.) Should make 3-4 normal size waffles, depending on how much water you added.

Serve either plain with a spray of "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" or with Walden Farms or other sugar-free/ low-no carb syrup. (I ate mine plain.)

This would work well with Lemon, Vanilla, Strawberry, Blueberry Puddings. Probably with all, as Butterscotch and Chocolate might make some fun non-traditional flavors.

Unlike the "muffins", this did not deflate when removing from the heat and crisped up nicely.

Last edited by FinnSteven; 11-10-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Can anyone tell me how much is in a packet of Splenda? I do not have the packets just a big pouch of it. Thanks!
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #216  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Can anyone tell me how much is in a packet of Splenda? I do not have the packets just a big pouch of it. Thanks!
Packets are coffee sweetener size... About 1 tsp or less from my calculations. Others say its 2 tsp per packet, but a little usually goes a long way, and I have started to even cut back from 1 packet to 1/2 a packet in many of my recipes.

Splenda Conversion Chart
Sugar = Granular TB = Granular tsp = packets

1 C = 16 T = 48 tsp = 24 packets
3/4 C = 12 T = 36 tsp = 18 packets
1/2 C = 8 T = 24 tsp = 12 packets
1/3 C = 5.3T = 16 tsp = 8 packets
1/4 C = 4T = 12 tsp = 6 packets
1/8 C = 2T = 6 tsp = 3 packets
1T = 3 tsp = 1.5 packet

Here is a link to the official Splenda converstion charts for Sugar to Splenda ratio:
Splenda Conversion
Old 11-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Those waffles look soooo good I want to try them!
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #218  

Default Mushroom Omlette Patties (IP Herb Omlette)

MUSHROOM OMLETTE PATTIES (IP Herb Omlette):
I have found that eating a hearty breakfast (vs just a quick shake) really helps me better my hunger throughout the day.

Although I have previously posted a recipe for Mushroom Patties made with IP Soup, I thought this alternate version was a bit more subtle, less salty, and also excellent.

Ingredients:
1 packet IP Herb Omlette
2 egg whites, beaten
1/2 cup mushrooms (shredded)
1/2 cup or more zucchini (shredded).
Spices to taste.
1 tsp olive oil or non-stick cooking spray for pan

Directions:
1. Beat egg whites
2. Add IP Omlette to whites and mix
3. Add shredded mushrooms and zucchini (You can have more mushroom than zucchini if you want. I find an even balance or a bit more zucchini gives the best taste balance)
4. Stir and add herbs to taste (I add a bit of chili powder and a heavy hand of pepper. I have also used soy sauce (with 1/4 to 1/2 packet Splenda or other sweetener).

Eat as patties, or cut into pieces and enjoy on a salad or wrapped in lettuce.

Makes about 5-6 large patties.

NOTE: Because of the egg white minimal calories (about 7), most coaches allow you to add egg whites to 1 recipe per day as a "free" addition. However, use your discretion if you only have a few pounds to lose or are otherwise stuck.

Last edited by FinnSteven; 11-09-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #219  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
MINI MEATLOAVES:
Wondering what to fix for dinner this weekend? Try this!

This is a great family recipe that stores, re-heats and transfers well too. These are easy to make (using a cupcake pan) and the unexpectedly sweet & spicy Chili Sauce will win you over. You can make this without the shredded zucchini, but adding it in will help stretch your portions and get in your veggies.

Ingredients
Meatloaf:

400g lean ground beef
2 TB Pizza Herb Mix (Basil, Oregano, Marjorum, Thyme)
1 TB (add more or less to taste) onion flakes (NOT french fried onion)
Sea Salt & Black Pepper
1 Beaten Egg (You can use just an egg white, but I use a whole egg)
1/2 package of Truvia, Splenda or other sweetener
1 cup (1.5 dl) or more shredded zucchini

Sauce:
1/2 cup Sugar-Free Ketchup (or 1/2 cup tomato sauce / or 2 large tomatoes, blended in a food processor)
1 package Truvia, Splenda, or other sweetener
2-4 tsp Pizza Herb mix
2 tsp (or more to taste) horseradish (I use from a tube)
1 tsp chili powder (optional)
2-5 drops tabasco (optional)
Sea Salt + Pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In a bowl, mix meat, herbs, egg and sweetener. (Note that since you are not using bread crumbs, the herb mix replaces the bread. So you can add more if you want.)
2. Dry the shredded zucchini with a paper towel to get out extra moisture
3. Mix with meat until well blended.
4. Scoop into Cupcake pan. (I spray with PAM non-stick spray, but you dont have to)
5. Mix sauce ingredients and spoon onto the meat. (You should have some left over.)
6. Bake at 210 C for 15 - 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and lift the meat out (I use two spoons) and put on a plate. There may be some liquid also in the cups from the zucchini moisture or the meat fat (Thats why we use lean meat!), but thats ok.
8. Spoon the leftover sauce on top of the meat and sprinkle with fresh basil, parsley, or cilantro if desired.
9. Serve with a large salad and/or cauliflower mash.

NOTE: When serving to members of the family NOT on IP:
1. When adding the meat to the cupcake pan, only spoon in halfway full.
2. Add a small dollop (about 1 tsp) of cream cheese to the center of each meat that the IP dieter is not eating.
3. Cover the cream cheese with the rest of the meat and cook as directed.

ALTERNATE TASTES:
Mexican Meatloaf:
In addition to the herbs, add in sugar-free taco seasoning.
Top with homemade sugar free salsa (recipe & pix will be added later)

Indian Meatloaf:
In addition to the herbs, add in Indian Spices such as Meat Garam Masala.
Add the indian spice also to the sauce. (I add a little of the milk allowance to this to make the sauce less dense and creamier for the Indian version)
Hello there,

I have no words to thank you enough for all these amazing recipes, you are really an amazing cook with lots of imagination!

The other day, I had defrosted some ground beef for supper thinking that I will have the big mac in a bowl, but once I read about this recipe, I said why not give it a try!

Let me tell you, even though I did not follow the recipe exactly since I did not have pizza spices, and I did not add any eggs or egg whites nor did I add splenda. I made it with some thyme, pepper and a dash of cinnamon, and I added green onion to it instead of the onion flakes.

I seriously don't have the words to tell you how delicious that came out! The best tasting thing I have ever ate with ground been, EVER!

I used to have a cupcake business and never thought of using the cupcake tin for beef!!!

So again, a sincere thank you for posting these recipes.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #220  
Started IP 9/20/2011

S/C/G: 230/180/125

Quote:
MINI MEATLOAVES:
[ Mexican Meatloaf:
In addition to the herbs, add in sugar-free taco seasoning.
Top with homemade sugar free salsa (recipe & pix will be added later)

I made these for dinner last night and they were FANTASTIC!!!! The best IP meal I've had so far... THANK you for this recipe...

Next up, I'm going to try the waffles!
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #221  

thanks so much for the feedback boston & sandra. It makes my day to hear that we are all not only losing weight, but feeling like we are eating GREAT while doing it.

Glad to hear those recipes are working (and that you are also being creative with them and finding success in your own variations too!!!!)
Old 11-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

off to my weigh in and gonna pick up some vanilla pudding and try the waffles for lunch!!! hope they are as good as they look
hwmgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #223  
Started IP 9/20/2011

S/C/G: 230/180/125

Quote:
thanks so much for the feedback boston & sandra. It makes my day to hear that we are all not only losing weight, but feeling like we are eating GREAT while doing it.

Glad to hear those recipes are working (and that you are also being creative with them and finding success in your own variations too!!!!)
Hey Finn:

Do you have a recipe for homeade salsa? Just want to make sure I didn't miss it. I used jarred last night but thought it would be okay because I haven't had any tomato this week yet....

BTW, I also love your recipes for zucchini "muffins" and the cereal pancakes!!! They have made this program so much easier for me...
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #224  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Hey Finn:

Do you have a recipe for homeade salsa? Just want to make sure I didn't miss it.
Havent posted it yet. I make each item, then take a picture, then write up the recipe a little later. I have a great homemade salsa that I like better than canned, but havent taken a picture yet. Hopefully today or tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 180.4/170.4/110.0

Height: 5'1"

I just want to say that I tried these waffles last night and they were DELISH!!!! OMG..this is going to be my snack..I can finally get my third package in!!!!
s00knt is offline   Reply With Quote