Old 09-13-2011, 01:49 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
II'm wondering where you get products like "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter," the teas, etc. Also, I sent an e-mail to your clinic asking about buying IP packets but it got returned because the address wasn't
correct? Any advice would be very much appreciated.
I ordered the I CANT BELIEVE ITS NOT BUTTER sprays (3 in a pack) from ebay. (I think they came from UK). I also order things like Splenda and Stevia from ebay. The shipping is harsh, but if I order from the USA, the dollar is so weak right now that its not ridiculously expensive. I did just find the unflavored Stevia at a health store here. And sometimes I find various USA products in larger european supermarkets which have an import section.

Maybe try the following in Germany for low-carb products...(but i didnt see the ICBITButter spray there)
www.supermass.com (http://www.supermass.com)
www.low-carb-shop.de (http://www.low-carb-shop.de/)
www.lowcarbladen.de (http://www.lowcarbladen.de/)

As far as ordering from Finland, you arent able to yet, since they are still in trial and launching the first clinics later this year. Hopefully more EU countries would be covered in the future...
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #77  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

HI Steven, I know you have made mousse. Have you ever made an IP gelatto? I have tried freezing the puddings, but that does not seem to work.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
HI Steven, I know you have made mousse. Have you ever made an IP gelatto? I have tried freezing the puddings, but that does not seem to work.
I posted a recipe for ice cream pops. My kids liked them, I wasnt crazy about them, but liked the fact that it made 3-4 and I could eat them throughout the day while still counting as only 1 unrestricted.

Click Here for Frozen Bananas Foster Ice Pops Recipe

The problem I had was that the texture wasnt creamy enough to taste like ice cream. (its more ice than smooth silky texture) I havent tried this yet, but guess that making ice pops from a fruit drink or the lemonade would be better because the expectation would be more of a fruit ice pop instead of expecting Ben & Jerry's.

I dont think the Mousse recipe would improve the texture or taste when frozen like it does when its freshy whipped. I could be wrong.

Last edited by FinnSteven; 09-13-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #79  

Default Chanterelle Mushroom & Temeric Chicken Wraps / Salad

CHANTERELLE MUSHROOM & TUMERIC CHICKEN WRAPS: Chanterelle mushrooms may be difficult to find outside of scandinavia, but are well worth seeking out. (I hear they are favourites of Martha Stewart.) This meal works as both a wrap or as a salad. The Tumeric powder is a fantastic and unexpected taste which goes perfectly with the mushrooms. You can also make this with regular mushrooms for a different flavor.

1. Cook a big handful of Chanterelle mushrooms (about 1 - 1.5 cups) in 2 teaspoons olive oil. Take from heat and set aside.
2. Cut up 1-2 breasts of chicken into small pieces.
3. Spice with black pepper (or a mix of black, white & rosepepper) and sea salt. Then shake on Tumeric (Kurkuma) powder to cover the chicken. (About 1-2 teaspoon... more or less to taste. I use little more...almost 1 TB for 2 breasts. )
4. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray or 1 tsp olive oil. Fry chicken until cooked.
5. Add 1 tablespoon non-fat milk (reserved from your morning coffee allowance) and add in cooked mushrooms.
6. Immediately add in about 1/4 cup frozen chopped white onion. Stir and cook until onions are sauteed (unfrozen), but not carmelized. (You can also use fresh white/red onion chopped small).
7. Taste and add spices to taste.
8. Remove from heat and spoon onto lettuce leafs and wrap up. Or spoon on top of a bed of lettuce (optional with chopped cucumber). Eat while the chicken & chanterelles are hot.

Last edited by FinnSteven; 09-15-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #80  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Steven, my coach asked me if I would post some of the recipes I have been telling her about on my clinic's FB page.
Would you mind if I used your images and recipes to share with them?
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
Steven, my coach asked me if I would post some of the recipes I have been telling her about on my clinic's FB page.
Would you mind if I used your images and recipes to share with them?
Thanks. Its best if you post a link on your clinics FB page to the recipe you want to share from mine. (Click on the picture or recipe and then copy the URL to paste into the FB comments/ update)

That way, it will automatically grab the picture and summary (and when you see the pix show up before you submit it, you can delete the long URL from your comments.)

That way, people who enjoy the recipes will be taken to my site to see more recipies as well as give me insight on how many people see the pages/ recipes. (Because it is time consuming to create (or re-create) the recipes, take the photos, and write up the info, its good to have an idea how many people are seeing it/ visiting as well as seeing which recipes get more views)

Technically, its not illegal to copy my photos and reprint the recipes (and I am happy if they help others), but its just nice to link back to the original source.

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #82  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
Thanks. Its best if you post a link on your clinics FB page to the recipe you want to share from mine. (Click on the picture or recipe and then copy the URL to paste into the FB comments/ update)

That way, it will automatically grab the picture and summary (and when you see the pix show up before you submit it, you can delete the long URL from your comments.)

That way, people who enjoy the recipes will be taken to my site to see more recipies as well as give me insight on how many people see the pages/ recipes. (Because it is time consuming to create (or re-create) the recipes, take the photos, and write up the info, its good to have an idea how many people are seeing it/ visiting as well as seeing which recipes get more views)

Technically, its not illegal to copy my photos and reprint the recipes (and I am happy if they help others), but its just nice to link back to the original source.

Thanks.
Ok so I copy the url and post it that way? Thanks for explaining it, I will definitely link it back.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #83  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

bump
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #84  

Default Grilled Jumbo Prawns w/ Mustard Lime & Cilantro Dressing & Jalapeno Cauliflower Mash

GRILLED JUMBO PRAWNS WITH MUSTARD, LIME & CILANTRO DRESSING AND JALEPENO SWEET PEPPER CAULIFLOWER MASH: This was ridiculously good.

1. Boil cauliflower in sea salt water until tender.
2. Drain and rinse and add to blender with 1 Tablespoon milk (reserved from morning coffee allowance) and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Mash.
3. Add in a handful of jalepenos (i use canned red) and sweet pepper (I use multicolored peppers from a jar). Mash until the consistency of mashed potatoes. If too thin, add more cauliflower.

4. Boil frozen jumbo shrimp in sea salt water and a pinch of garlic powder or crushed garlic for about 4 minutes.
5. Drain and drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Squeeze on lemon and/or lime juice. I also sprinkle with hot chili powder. Bake in oven at 200 C for about 5-10 minutes. Should sizzle, but not be dry.

6. In a container, add 2 teaspoons sugar free dijon or whole grain mustard, 1/8 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1 teas sugar substitute such as splenda, 1 teaspoon black pepper, a pinch of sea salt, and a pinch of garlic salt. Blend together.
7. Chop up about 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro and add to dressing. (I also add in 2 tablespoons chopped basil and 1 tablespoon fresh parsley) Stir.

8. Place a bed of lettuce on your plate and add in chopped cucumbers.
Arrange prawns onto lettuce and drizzle on about 1 tablespoon of the dressing. If the mashed cauliflower has cooled, you can microwave it before adding to plate.

I served with iced Lemon & Ginger Herbal tea which really complimented the spicy mash and the herbal dressing.

Elegant, filling, and an exotic mix of tastes.

Last edited by FinnSteven; 09-15-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #85  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I ordered the I CANT BELIEVE ITS NOT BUTTER sprays (3 in a pack) from ebay. (I think they came from UK). I also order things like Splenda and Stevia from ebay. The shipping is harsh, but if I order from the USA, the dollar is so weak right now that its not ridiculously expensive. I did just find the unflavored Stevia at a health store here. And sometimes I find various USA products in larger european supermarkets which have an import section.

Maybe try the following in Germany for low-carb products...(but i didnt see the ICBITButter spray there)
www.supermass.com (http://www.supermass.com)
www.low-carb-shop.de (http://www.low-carb-shop.de/)
www.lowcarbladen.de (http://www.lowcarbladen.de/)

As far as ordering from Finland, you arent able to yet, since they are still in trial and launching the first clinics later this year. Hopefully more EU countries would be covered in the future...
Thanks SO much. I would have answered earlier but my internet connection went wonky. And I ran across Chanterelles today purely by chance, bought some, then saw your recipe. What luck.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #86  

Default Recipes with Ideal Protein Soup

I posted this on the Daily Thread, but thought it might also be useful to repost here for those who come to find new recipes or ideas:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
I'm not to excited about the soups and that's all I bought for lunches this week

Heading over to check out the recipe thread to figure out what to do with all these soups!!
Interesting to me to hear so many people dont like the soups. I rarely if ever eat them as instructed though.

Click for Pix and Recipes.

I almost always add more water, then add up to 2 cups of roasted cauliflower or a mix of Cauli + Broccoli or just Broccoli and buzz it in the blender til smooth. If I am adding Spinach, then I dont add as much extra water (or do a spinach + cauliflower blend). This makes the soup much thicker (almost like pea soup) and creamy.

I have also added grilled mushrooms (with rosemary or thyme) to the mushroom soup (with a healthy mushroom to soup ratio so its more like a sauce)

I also add a bunch of "heat" to the soups. I usually dust the cauliflower with hot chili powder (I get mine from Indian spice store) and drop Mild Tabasco (green) on the broccoli. Then I add some Mrs. Dash (Herbamare in finland), a pinch of flaked sea salt, and a bunch of black pepper or rose pepper.

At least for me, I make the soup in the evening, then bring it to work the next day to microwave. Because the extra water and the extra vegetables give you 3x the portion, I find it filling and super easy to take with me to heat up. (Trying to bring 2 cups veggies plus salad something IP to satisfy for the work day was hard. Combining the soup with the veggies killed 2 birds with one stone) I always blend the veggies if taking to work. If eating at home, I'll mix up blending with not blending and adding veggies directly to the soup.

Here are my fave mixes:

Chicken (BLENDER: Roasted Cauliflower + Broccoli with extra hot spices / or NOT BLENDED: Lots of Roasted Broccoli with a little less water in soup for sauce)
Leek (BLENDER: Spinach / Spinach + Cauliflower / Broccoli... all good)
Mushroom (NOT BLENDED: Grilled Mushrooms (using less water in soup for sauce)

There was another thread about using the soups to coat the veggies before griling to make a flavourful mashed cauliflower or just a zing to the taste of normal veggies. Or you can try using the mushroom soup to make a Green Bean Casserole

But I think the secret is adding more veggies or spices (especially hot spices ) to the soups to make them sing.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #87  
Maile

Quote:
I posted a recipe for ice cream pops. My kids liked them, I wasnt crazy about them, but liked the fact that it made 3-4 and I could eat them throughout the day while still counting as only 1 unrestricted.

Click Here for Frozen Bananas Foster Ice Pops Recipe

The problem I had was that the texture wasnt creamy enough to taste like ice cream. (its more ice than smooth silky texture) I havent tried this yet, but guess that making ice pops from a fruit drink or the lemonade would be better because the expectation would be more of a fruit ice pop instead of expecting Ben & Jerry's.

I dont think the Mousse recipe would improve the texture or taste when frozen like it does when its freshy whipped. I could be wrong.
Sorry about the late response. Thanks for the recipe! I will try them. One of my favorite things is from your idea of taking concentrated bengali spice and mixing it in pudding..excellent.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #88  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

WOW!!! Thanks FINNSTEVE for these great pictures and recipes!! You have brought me out of the closet and back on the forum board! I have been lurking but could not hold back any longer telling you these pictures are great!! Thanks for the inspiration to keep on going to finish this trek!

Last edited by smileylisa; 09-18-2011 at 08:07 PM.
smileylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:25 AM   #89  

Default Mock French Toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
WOW!!! Thanks FINNSTEVE for these great pictures and recipes!!...Thanks for the inspiration to keep on going to finish this trek!
Thanks. Glad they are helping! Here is another recipe that really satisfied my cravings for bread & breakfast. Desperation is the mother of invention.

MOCK FRENCH TOAST (Köyhät Ritarit):
Perfect for lazy weekend mornings. No, its not EXACTLY like the carb & calorie heavy original, but this recipe is dang close, delicious and a lifesaver for those missing comfort breakfast foods.

Ingredients:
2 beaten egg whites
1 Ideal Protein Omlette (Plain) Package
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
1-2 cups shredded zucchini
Sweetener (like Splenda) to taste (1 - 2 teaspoons / 1 small package coffee sweetener)

Optional Add one or more of the following: 1 teasp Vanilla Extract, Vanilla seeds (from pod), Rum extract, pinch of cardamom

Directions:
1. Beast 2 egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. (You can add a pinch of cream of tartar as well to aid thickening. Not required)
2. Add in 1 package of Ideal Protein plain omlette mix until well blended.
3. Add 1-2 cups shredded zucchini. (I mash it down with a paper towel a few times to drain excess water.)
4. Add cinnamon and sweetener to taste.
5. Add any optional spices as desired (I use vanilla seeds from a pod, cardamom, & a splash of Rum extract)
6. On Med-High heat, Spray a pan with Cooking Spray (like PAM) and drop about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the pan. (Most pans fit 2 servings at a time.) Spread it out so that it is even. I use a spatula to keep the edges more square shaped to give it more of a French Toast look.
7. Wait until the mix is fully cooked on one side before flipping or it will fall apart. (but watch not to burn!). Flip and cook.
8. I spray each serving with "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" and eat as is. For those with Ideal Protein or Walden Farms 0/0/0 Maple Syrup, add that.

Surprizingly good. The cinnamon & sweetener transform the zucchini into an unexpected treat which emulates the taste and texture of the real thing.

As per other posts, note that some coaches allow egg whites as "free" additions, while others ask that you cut down your meat portion later in the day if you use egg whites. Use your own judgement. (I have personally not found any negative consequences from using them.)

Last edited by FinnSteven; 09-20-2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #90  
Maile

Steven..Thanks for those recipes. They look amazing and wonderfully spicy! I am eager to try all of them.