Old 02-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
I made these yesterday and they made more than 6 muffins. I thought they were very good
My batch made 12 full sized muffins. I used less chicken, more veggies and less egg whites because the organic eggs we were using were ENORMOUS. Turned out delicious and will definately be making this often.

Cant wait to try some different variations like an indian curry version.
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #332  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Tuleepa koti-ikava
(I am homesick now)
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Tuleepa koti-ikava
(I am homesick now)
:-) Miss Finland in the glorious summertime. Not in the barren winter. I am FREEZING and ready for spring!

Last edited by FinnSteven; 02-26-2012 at 06:39 PM.
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #334  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Michigan isn't much better. -- I miss the lighted paths and evening walks.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #335  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Default Recipe variations

Veggie patties - chopped broccoli and broccoli cheese soup, mrs dash herb & garlic

Pudding cakes - add DaVinci syrup to vanilla pudding. Raspberry, blueberry, caramel and enough water to make batter.
Blueberry pudding and blueberry syrup made blueberry muffins

Pudding pancakes from pudding waffle recipe, add flavored syrup.

Jelly roll - make pudding pancake with raspberry syrup, spread with WF raspberry spread, roll up.

Steve - you inspire me! Diet?! What diet?!
willsmashfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #336  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
Thanks. Thats the main reason I started doing them...
1) I am visual and want to see what the food I am making is going to look like. So the pix are exactly what I made.

2) I got nervous starting the diet when I saw what we could have. I thought I would never be able to do it. But with the great help of the recipe threads on this board as well as some creativity with adapting old favourites to Ideal Protein friendly versions, I think that these recipes won't allow anyone to say that they are bored! (And almost every one of them is easy to follow and not time consuming.)

I am still discovering new twists on things I thought I had exhausted the resources for. An example is the past two days I have re-discovered the IP Butterscotch Pudding.

1) Mix IP Butterscotch with IP Cappucino for a hot Caramel Cappucino or an icy cold Caramel Frappucino.

2) Mix IP Butterscotch with IP Chocolate Drink and a pinch of sea salt to emulate a wicked sea salt & caramel chocolate bar. (I got that idea from the boards... its a good one.)

I mix the dry powders together in a sealable container, then scoop out half for my portion. Then I add it to up to 16 oz/ 2 cups of cold water (I find its not watering the flavor down) and blend.

If I am making it a Frappucino, I add 1 packet of Splenda/Truvia and about 4 big ice cubes.

If I am making it a Hot Drink, then I pour it into a mug 3/4 full or less and heat in the microwave. (Sometimes when heating, it will expand and spill over, so be careful.) I dust with a tiiiiiiny bit of cocoa and/or a lot of cinnamon. When I finish that mug, I re-blend, then heat that up.

Its fun to find new uses for products... especially for those on the diet who only buy 3 boxes per week and eat the same food every day. Having a little leeway to mix and match and create new tastes makes it easier.

(The other great secret is adding 2 beaten egg whites to your Soup packets instead of water, then adding vegetables like sprouts, shredded zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, etc then making vegetarian pancakes. Have done that with Leek, Chicken, & Mushroom Soups with various combinations of add ins and all were stellar. That way a "soup" can either be a soup or a solid (and the pancakes travel and re-heat well for work too)

Glad you are enjoying the recipes. Hope to hear back from people once they make them about what they loved, hated, or didnt work so I can better bulletproof them for others.
I am SO glad to have found this site, and THANK YOU for these awesome recipes! I have just completed my first week, and I am not as creative as you are with food, so I thought it would be the same boring things.....not now!! Thanks for taking the time to share this with everyone!
Diana B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #337  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Just saw this recipe today for making potato chips in the microwave; will be trying it with turnips, zucchini and will let you know how they turn out.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make...crowave-166718

Last edited by MaMaZu; 02-28-2012 at 12:22 PM.
MaMaZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 240/229/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janedocmom View Post
Steven, you have done the impossible......you've turned me into a cook.....that is, for one meal at least! I made this delicious dish for my fiance and he was in gastronomical heaven. He also kept blabbering that I was an amazing cook. I am wondering if there were some hallucinogens in the prawns????? For someone who considers cooking a combat sport and who can only operate a microwave oven (on occasion), I could not believe how filling and fantastic this meal was. Best of all, I was able to do it. I did add roasted brussel spouts to the dish. My many thanks to you and your generosity of spirit and creativity. My only problem now is an encore........back to your facebook page I go!

Haha! I chuckled when I read this because Steven you have done the exact same thing for me! I actually brought a few things for my co-worker who is on IP to try. She was surprised how tasty the Chili Pakoras were. Thank you so much!

Last edited by Debbie99; 03-03-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Debbie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 240/229/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Ip Crepe Bread!

Quote:
STUFFED PITA BREAD (IP Orange Pancake / IP Crepe (?)):
Bread? Bread! Bread! Bread! Yes, there is a Santa Claus and he comes in the form of bread. This is a super easy recipe that I was surprised with how good it was.

I am also looking for someone to let me know if this works with the IP Crepe (or maybe even the Crunchy Cereal "pancakes"). The Orange Pancakes for the Pita turned out amazing (and I LOATHED them as pancakes).

These are pix I take myself, so what you see is actually what it looks like. Yum.

Ingredients:
Pita Pocket:

1 packet of Ideal Protein Orange Pancake (should also work with the crepe but I havent tried that yet)
1/8 - 1/4 tsp Pizza herbs (dried basil, oregano, etc)
100 ml water (about 4oz)
Pinch of sea salt

Filling:
Stuff with your choice of vegetables and dressing.
I use:
Shredded iceberg lettuce
Sprouts (this was mandatory for me. So good)
Chopped tomato (I used 4 cherry tomatoes cut into 4 pieces)
Sliced and grilled mushrooms
(Mix all ingredients together. I pour my dressing on the ingredients in a bowl and stir before stuffing the pita so that the dressing is evenly divded and I get more tastes with less dressing)

Dressing:
Use your choice of dressing from the Dressings list:

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 175C (350F).
2. Mix IP Orange Pancake, herbs, water and sea salt until you have a thick batter.
3. Spray a circular pie pan (I use glass) with PAM or other non-stick cooking spray. This is very important, since if the bread sticks to the bottom of the pan, it will tear and make it difficult to stuff the pita. (You can also use baking paper)
4. Spread batter into the full circle of the pan, being careful to NOT go to the edges.
5. Cook for about 20minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
6. Remove from the pan, and slice down the middle. You should then be able to take a knife or scissors and open up a pocket like pita bread.
7. Fill with your stuffing of veggies.
If you fail (you wont....but just in case) the bread makes an amazing tostada base...so just stack your salad ingredients on top, add dressing and eat that way. Just as delicious. If you look at the picture, I make one half stuffed pita and cut the other half into pieces to make litle open faced sandwiches with the lettuce.

I have been waiting all week to try the bread. I didn't have the pancake so I tried the IP Crepe like Steven suggested. I add oregano, garlic, savory and salt. I baked it according to his instructions in a glass pie plate. I thought I had added a generous amount of Pam cooking spray, but I don't think it was enough. It stuck to the bottom of the pan. I managed to get in out in once piece but it wasn't pita worthy. But that's ok I used it like a soft taco wrap. The bread was amazing! It reminded me of the pan bread I used get in a restuarant years ago. I used the raspberry dressing recipe Steven provided and tossed the sprouts and shredded cabbage with it. Added a few green onions, folded it over, added a pickle skewer, and ran to the table to chow down!

It was marvelous! And I had no idea sprouts were yummy! I mean, I felt like giggling when I was eating.

Thank you Steven for all your creativity. I would not have been able to do IP without your pictures. I'm a visual person and this is my saving grace. I took a picture, one day I figure out how to add it properly to the forum.

All hail the great IP chef Steven! ;-)

Debbie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pita.jpg (72.7 KB, 468 views)

Last edited by Debbie99; 03-03-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: I have no idea what I'm doing!
Debbie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #340  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Does anyone know if there's an alternative pudding mix that works for the waffles? I would love to try these!
I use ProtiDiet products and have had success with the waffles, except I use 1 whole egg and 1 egg white, and 2 TBSP Davinci syrup in place of the water. I use the baking powder and spice as well and have always had successful waffles!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #341  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Quote:
Just saw this recipe today for making potato chips in the microwave; will be trying it with turnips, zucchini and will let you know how they turn out.

Please let us know how this works!
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #342  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Oh. My. Gosh. That sounds amazing. Our clinic still hasnt gotten in the IP Potatoes, so I cannot wait to do this. Looking at the recipe, the only thing I would add is white pepper. That was the magic ingredient to my mom's recipe.
It is amazing!!! It was yummy!
Hockeymom40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #343  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

YUM......thanks so much for posting. It is hard to beat the turnip frys (actually like them better than french fries) but a chip would be great!
Yatese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 196/151/151

Height: 5'7

Default Chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
Please let us know how this works!
I made the zucchini chips yesterday and they were very good nice and crunchy. I'm not sure if they would stay crunchy after a while because they were all eaten after I dished them up. My grandsons were waiting when each batch would be done. LOL!!
Wuvs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #345  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuvs Mom View Post
I made the zucchini chips yesterday and they were very good nice and crunchy. I'm not sure if they would stay crunchy after a while because they were all eaten after I dished them up. My grandsons were waiting when each batch would be done. LOL!!
Thank you...I will definitely try them!
bethanym is offline   Reply With Quote