Old 02-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #31  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Variety is what helps me, and researching new tings to try. Spinach in a smoothie is delish, can not taste it. Didn't know we could eat our vegies at other meals.
Msbehaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #32  

I've never had this problem! :-). I could eat more than the 4 cup allotment.
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I've actually noticed the last week and a half that my digestive system is having a hard time with raw veggies all of a sudden. I even tried cutting out the lettuce (was having my 2 cups of veggies as a salad every day for lunch) but it didn't help. Guess I'm going to have to come up with something else to eat at lunch but raw is so easy. I even tried mixing up the veggies I've been eating raw but it doesn't seem to matter what kind ....darnit. Guess I'll have to start getting my DH to cook up extra veggies the night before for my lunches.
Try stir frying them. I use bok choy, leeks, celery, mushrooms, bell peppers. All very low carb
I just add a little chicken broth and some seasoning for flavor. I can stir fry a week's worth of lunches at once! It still "eats" like a salad at lunch, it is just hot

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-16-2013 at 07:21 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #34  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Thanks! I will try that this week. At first I thought it was the lettuce but the last two days I tried skipping the lettuce but it still didn't help.....within an hour I'm running for the bathroom. I know cooked veggies are fine as I eat them cooked every night without an issue. I was kind of getting sick of my veggies in a salad every day anyhow.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 286/178/186

Height: 5'11

Default Here's how I did it

I need easiness and simplicity. I tried making a lot of stir fry asparagus / bell pepper / mushroom / green beans / whatever.

Now I just eat pickles.

Every day.

Twice a day.

And yes, it works for me. -85lbs. If you can eat pickles, you can do it.
Conine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #36  

Pickles as our sole source of veggies? Never thought to do that, but I wouldn't want to miss out on all the macro-nutrients that veggies give us. I love pickles!!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I've never had this problem! :-). I could eat more than the 4 cup allotment.
This is me. Esp Roasted Cauliflower and Rutabaga fries. I love salads with all sorts of veggies mixed in.

I will admit to being over zuchinni and no matter how I try, can't seem to eat it the traditional ways. HOWEVER the other day I used it in a puree and added red curry powder, garlic, S&P, a few other things. (I wish I would write some of this down) and it was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! I big heaping bowl of hot yummy goodness!!
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote