Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #46  

Height: 5'4"

So my coworker who started this last Monday was kind of avoiding me all day. (The one who had a fit about her size 14s since I was in 12s.) Anyway, I told another coworker I was wondering how her weekend went and really wanted to ask her but if she hadn't told me I was going to pry. Then after I thought about it awhile I decided if she can ask me my weight and pant size I can ask how her weekend went. I kinda figured she wasn't eating op at lunch because she left and she usually eats in the breakroom. I found her at last break. I just politely said, "how'd your first weekend on the plan go?" She said, "F...in sucked! This diet is too restrictive and not for me. I only lost 2 pounds and 2 inches the whole week." I didn't ask what she ate or drank, she's a big drinker, this weekend or tell her that she really lost it in 4 days since Friday, Sat and Sun weren't OP. She thinks she just doesn't have enough to lose for it and she needs something where she can eat what she wants and have more sugar. I wanted to say go ahead and find a diet where you can eat what yo want and have lots of sugar and still lose the weight but I was a good person. I asked if she has lots of shakes left and she said yes. She only bought for 10 days so she couldn't have followed at all this weekend with what she has left. I offered to buy the shakes that I like from her but I didn't have to do that. Her mom does the food lovers diet and I tried to get her to check that out first but she was determined to do this since I can. She spent $92 on supplements and stuff so she seemed half mad at me. I told her right off hand that it she couldn't blame the diet if it didn't work because it's obvious it works. You just have to make it work. I tried talking her out of it but she was so excited to see results like I have and even ate like a crazy lady her last week so she "wouldn't miss all the bad stuff". I knew it wuldn't last long. Other coworkers said the same thing. I honestly can't believe anyone would quit after 1 week. with what she ate the week before she started if she was OP all week he would've lost more. I'm sure it killed her to tell me she can't do it but she's totally blaming the diet. And now all of the sudden her mom and mother in law both told her it's too restrictive and I'm going to gain it all back. People saying things like that will only make me want to keep it off that much more. She even went as far to say to me, "I'm already a trophy wife anyway." Which made everyone who heard it choke. She is far from it. I was secretly hoping this would fall through for her because she is a pretty awful person. I know that's not nice but I don't know how else to say it. A part of me knew it wouldn't last but a part of me thought maybe she'd want to prove me wrong. Thanks for letting me write a novel. Nobody else wold get it.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #47  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista7382 View Post
Just wanted to hop on and wish everyone a OP day!!

Weigh in 5 & 6 was today: Lost 9 lbs (while on vacation). I was going into it hoping for 6 so 9 was a pleasant surprise!
Great Job! I have vacation in a couple weeks and hope to do as well as you did. Keep it up, your doing great!!
Old 08-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista7382 View Post
Just wanted to hop on and wish everyone a OP day!!

Weigh in 5 & 6 was today: Lost 9 lbs (while on vacation). I was going into it hoping for 6 so 9 was a pleasant surprise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
WI #3 for me today. Down another 3.9 lbs. I'm so happy! WI #1 was 6 lbs, WI #2 was 4.8 lbs and today another 3.9. I haven't been here long enough to have a ticker thing, so I figured I'd put it in my post.
Great losses guys! Keep it up!
Old 08-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #49  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
WI #3 for me today. Down another 3.9 lbs. I'm so happy! WI #1 was 6 lbs, WI #2 was 4.8 lbs and today another 3.9. I haven't been here long enough to have a ticker thing, so I figured I'd put it in my post.
Great job, keep it up! I just got my ticker thing today .
Old 08-22-2011, 07:08 PM   #50  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
So my coworker who started this last Monday was kind of avoiding me all day. (The one who had a fit about her size 14s since I was in 12s.) Anyway, I told another coworker I was wondering how her weekend went and really wanted to ask her but if she hadn't told me I was going to pry. Then after I thought about it awhile I decided if she can ask me my weight and pant size I can ask how her weekend went. I kinda figured she wasn't eating op at lunch because she left and she usually eats in the breakroom. I found her at last break. I just politely said, "how'd your first weekend on the plan go?" She said, "F...in sucked! This diet is too restrictive and not for me. I only lost 2 pounds and 2 inches the whole week." I didn't ask what she ate or drank, she's a big drinker, this weekend or tell her that she really lost it in 4 days since Friday, Sat and Sun weren't OP. She thinks she just doesn't have enough to lose for it and she needs something where she can eat what she wants and have more sugar. I wanted to say go ahead and find a diet where you can eat what yo want and have lots of sugar and still lose the weight but I was a good person. I asked if she has lots of shakes left and she said yes. She only bought for 10 days so she couldn't have followed at all this weekend with what she has left. I offered to buy the shakes that I like from her but I didn't have to do that. Her mom does the food lovers diet and I tried to get her to check that out first but she was determined to do this since I can. She spent $92 on supplements and stuff so she seemed half mad at me. I told her right off hand that it she couldn't blame the diet if it didn't work because it's obvious it works. You just have to make it work. I tried talking her out of it but she was so excited to see results like I have and even ate like a crazy lady her last week so she "wouldn't miss all the bad stuff". I knew it wuldn't last long. Other coworkers said the same thing. I honestly can't believe anyone would quit after 1 week. with what she ate the week before she started if she was OP all week he would've lost more. I'm sure it killed her to tell me she can't do it but she's totally blaming the diet. And now all of the sudden her mom and mother in law both told her it's too restrictive and I'm going to gain it all back. People saying things like that will only make me want to keep it off that much more. She even went as far to say to me, "I'm already a trophy wife anyway." Which made everyone who heard it choke. She is far from it. I was secretly hoping this would fall through for her because she is a pretty awful person. I know that's not nice but I don't know how else to say it. A part of me knew it wouldn't last but a part of me thought maybe she'd want to prove me wrong. Thanks for letting me write a novel. Nobody else wold get it.
This is why I make it a habit of keeping my personal life personal. She just wanted as "easy button" and you and I both know that doesn't exist. I'm sure you got your feelings hurt a bit. You were trying to be helpful and because they lack any willpower, self control or open mindedness, they tried to but the blame on the diet and unfortunately you too. I am a very warm and compassionate person but boldly insult my intelligence.....all bets are off. You just keep on keeping on and prove them all wrong......and show them what a trophy wife's suppose to look like!

I found a new quote today...I think it fits here PERFECTLY.
Don't dwell on who let you down, cherish those who hold you up. - Unknown

Last edited by gettinmygrooveback; 08-22-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #51  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Just sort of hit me today, remember me saying that my work pants were falling off, well last night when I was talking to my mom I told her I measured my waist and I am now 54 inches. If I remember correctly I was a 66 or 68 inches when I started. My work pants are size 34's and I am now wearing 26's. My mom said Well DUH!!!....what do you think...that is a lot of inches lost in your waist crazy.....I was laughing out loud because we were talking on Facebook when she said it and I could just hear and see her facial expressions....just wanted to share
Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 292/262/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hooray for you! You re doing an excellent job!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggies86tbc View Post
I know that I need more food with my exercising, does anyone know how to determine whether to use the alternative protocol or the athletic protocol?
Neither. Continue to follow P1 and just add an extra (unrestricted) packet on days you exercise.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
One liter or one quart of water with 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon of sea salt. Start with the 2teaspoon or 3 teaspoon range if you want something more gentle. If it doesn't work, try it again with a little more salt.

You are trying to achieve a ratio of salt to water that works for your body. Most people respond at 1quart:2 or 3 teaspoons. If someone is having more issues they may need 1 tablespoon. VERY few people need more but everyone seems to respond to more. It is just a more harsh experience.

Do this when you will be home for several hours. It will act between 15 min to 1 hour (usually). It can last for many hours if you use too much salt.

Here is a suggestion I found for making this easier to do, on a different website, if you prefer not to drink one full liter of salt water by itself.

Put your 2-3 teaspoons (whatever you do) in one cup and fill it up with enough water to dissolve, but cool enough to drink. (With my 2 3/4 quarter teaspoons, I find that 75mL boiling water dissolves it all, and 75mL water straight from the filter brings it down to a warm temperature.) Make a note of how much water you use, subtract that number from a quart, and pour the remainder of the quart of fresh, room temperature, water into the other cup. So, for example, you would have 1 cup of 150mL of very salty water, and 850mL of plain water.

Slowly but consistently drink the salt water cup until you need to stop (whether the taste is making your nervous system go crazy, or you feel your reflux system starting to kick in), have a few mouth-fulls of the fresh water. I find that the fresh water almost completely resets the palate, and settles all the mechanisms that are rejecting the salt water. Do this back and forth, drinking as much salt water as you feel you can each time (you can always finish the fresh water off afterwards - it will be nice relief), when you need a break, have a drink from the fresh water cup.

Either way you do it, your stomach will not really recognize the difference. After the 10 minutes of drinking, it will still receive a quart of water and 2-3 teaspoons of salt.

This appears to make the process much easier and more productive. Firstly, the salt sting in the mouth for 1-2 hours afterwards will no longer happen (as long as you leave enough fresh water until last). Also, the actual drinking becomes much easier, as buffering the salt water with fresh water resets most of the body's repulsion every time you do it - even when you drink salt water for 5 seconds, then fresh water for 5 seconds. Additionally, having tried this for the first time about 10 minutes ago, I found that my stomach feels much less heavy than it usually does.
I think I am the only person that this has not worked for. I tried this (not the new/easier way) and felt so sick. My stomach was sticking out like I was 9 months pregnant and was making all kinds of funky noises, but never did I go. Not to mention the numerous amount of times that the salt water almost came back up. Although the way you describe sounds a bit more tolerable, I do not think I could ever do this again.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #55  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I think I am the only person that this has not worked for. I tried this (not the new/easier way) and felt so sick. My stomach was sticking out like I was 9 months pregnant and was making all kinds of funky noises, but never did I go. Not to mention the numerous amount of times that the salt water almost came back up. Although the way you describe sounds a bit more tolerable, I do not think I could ever do this again.
I am so sorry it didn't work. You are one of a few people I know of that it didn't. I'm not really sure why that is.

I personally hate using it. It works for me but, I gag on the salt water mix.

I have noticed some people using 2tablespoons of salt and I think "OMG, HOW are you getting that down!"
Old 08-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
This is why I make it a habit of keeping my personal life personal. She just wanted as "easy button" and you and I both know that doesn't exist. I'm sure you got your feelings hurt a bit. You were trying to be helpful and because they lack any willpower, self control or open mindedness, they tried to but the blame on the diet and unfortunately you too. I am a very warm and compassionate person but boldly insult my intelligence.....all bets are off. You just keep on keeping on and prove them all wrong......and show them what a trophy wife's suppose to look like!

I found a new quote today...I think it fits here PERFECTLY.
Don't dwell on who let you down, cherish those who hold you up. - Unknown
Love it! That's just what I needed. Thanks so much!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I am so sorry it didn't work. You are one of a few people I know of that it didn't. I'm not really sure why that is.

I personally hate using it. It works for me but, I gag on the salt water mix.

I have noticed some people using 2tablespoons of salt and I think "OMG, HOW are you getting that down!"
To me, this is a one shot deal. Ignorance is bliss the first time

I have no idea why it didn't work! Oh well. And yes, I can't imagine it with 2T of salt. Holy smokes! That is some potent salt water.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I have a co-worker who is majorly over weight and she is always trying some kind of fad diet. She never loses any weight and then she complains about it. It the beginning, I felt bad because I too have struggled with my weight, and tried to help. Now when she starts talking or complaining about it, I leave the room or if it is not possible to leave (ie: we are all eating lunch together) I just look down and do not contribute to the conversation at all.

Her latest fad, Sensa. If you haven't heard of it, Google it. It is the most obsurd thing ever. And the fact that people believe it and buy it just boggles my mind. So her "diet plan" using Sensa is to order chicken tenders and french fries, sprinkle them with Sensa, go on to eat every single bite and top it off with (3) Sensa sprinkled cookies. Yeah, that should work for you.

I guess I am just trying to say that I completely sympathize with you!

Oh, and from now on, just keep to yourself.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I have a co-worker who is majorly over weight and she is always trying some kind of fad diet. She never loses any weight and then she complains about it. It the beginning, I felt bad because I too have struggled with my weight, and tried to help. Now when she starts talking or complaining about it, I leave the room or if it is not possible to leave (ie: we are all eating lunch together) I just look down and do not contribute to the conversation at all.

Her latest fad, Sensa. If you haven't heard of it, Google it. It is the most obsurd thing ever. And the fact that people believe it and buy it just boggles my mind. So her "diet plan" using Sensa is to order chicken tenders and french fries, sprinkle them with Sensa, go on to eat every single bite and top it off with (3) Sensa sprinkled cookies. Yeah, that should work for you.

I guess I am just trying to say that I completely sympathize with you!

Oh, and from now on, just keep to yourself.
I have seen it! But I didn't think anyone would actually try it. And I'm sure sprinkling it on the food she's eating is going to work wonders.

I was keeping to myself. I didn't tell her for at least 3 weeks and when she started asking questions then I told her it was strict. She kept saying she could never do it and I agreed. So did others. And then when she saw how much I've lost she begged for info on it. I kept telling her to try other things but she kept saying she was so excited and was totally ready to finally lose the last 10-15 lbs and blah blah. I knew it would go over like a lead balloon. If she didn't run around in the stock room for 8 hours a day she's be way over weight. She eats crap all day long. She can have her crap....I don't need it.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Default Restart

I just wanted to take a moment to jump in to the discussion and introduce myself. My name is Tracy and I have prior experience with IP. I lost 43 pounds last year! Unfortunately, around Thanksgiving of last year, I allowed my old emotional eater take charge of my life again. In the months since, I have gained back 31 pounds! I know that sounds impossible, but I did it.

Well, as of today, enough is enough! I made it through day 1 of my new start with IP. Hopefully, I will last long enough to meet my goal this time and bury that emotional eater that makes my life a living ****.

So, here I am today. Looking forward to tomorrow!
Closed Thread