Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #106  
Started IP Oct 11, 2011

S/C/G: 338/289/225

Height: 6'3"

Hoping there's room for one more guy around here... .

Today is day 1. All my research on IP kept leading me here. I am glad to be joining such a knowledgeable and supportive group of people.

Regards,
TchMnky
Old 10-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #107  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TchMnky View Post

Today is day 1. All my research on IP kept leading me here. I am glad to be joining such a knowledgeable and supportive group of people.

Regards,
TchMnky

The best step you took

Believe me if it was not for this support group I would have fell out of the wagon without coming back. I fell into cheating for a few weekends, I reported all in here, I got tons of encouragements and I got back to being 100% on program since I made a promise for myself and this group to continue going on and on until I reach my goal.

So, a big welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey
Old 10-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #108  

Default About to start IP

Hi my name is Kathi, and I am getting ready for my first consultation on the 18 of October. I have a friend who had lost 32 pounds in eight weeks. I have tried everything and nothing has ever worked. The most I may loose would be ten pounds if that. This is my last chance i feel i am soon approaching 40. You guys have any advice and what foods are the best? I hate to start with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up. I know on those two days i want be doing right, and how bad will that mess me up. I am from Mississippi.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 182/155/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by respiratory38 View Post
Hi my name is Kathi, and I am getting ready for my first consultation on the 18 of October. I have a friend who had lost 32 pounds in eight weeks. I have tried everything and nothing has ever worked. The most I may loose would be ten pounds if that. This is my last chance i feel i am soon approaching 40. You guys have any advice and what foods are the best? I hate to start with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up. I know on those two days i want be doing right, and how bad will that mess me up. I am from Mississippi.
Hi, my name is Suzi and have only been in IP for 3 weeks now. I am from Canada. We just had our Canadian Thanksgiving and to be honest I didnt find staying on the program difficult at all. I made a huge turkey dinner with all the trimmings for the family. I had turkey, made rutabaga fries (LOVE THEM!) and salad. I find once you get past the first week all the cravings stop and it is much easier.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #110  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TchMnky View Post

Regards,
TchMnky
Of course we have room for you TchMnky....I had to look at your screen name twice my son's is trnkmky....lol....We have lots of support, information and tons of recipes. Have questions just ask....WELCOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by respiratory38 View Post
Welcome Kathi, First thing you have to do is prepare yourself for those 2 days. IF you are prepared properly you will see that it is easy to stay on program. It will be easier than you think. I asked in the daily thread...where in Ms are you? I am in Gulfport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzih View Post
Hi, my name is Suzi and have only been in IP for 3 weeks now. I am from Canada. We just had our Canadian Thanksgiving and to be honest I didnt find staying on the program difficult at all. I made a huge turkey dinner with all the trimmings for the family. I had turkey, made rutabaga fries (LOVE THEM!) and salad. I find once you get past the first week all the cravings stop and it is much easier.
Hey Suzih welcome as well. Looks like you did an amazing job preparing for your Thanksgiving and did it successfully. Great job!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:46 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone. I am new to all of this. I have spent the last 2 hours reading all of your posts. They have been very helpful and motivating. I am 34 years old and was told by the doctor I have to lose weight or I could run into some health issues. I am finding it real hard to get started. I am very interested in the alternate IP approach.

Last edited by Biggs77; 10-12-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:36 AM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs77 View Post
Hello everyone. I am new to all of this. I have spent the last 2 hours reading all of your posts. They have been very helpful and motivating. I am 34 years old and was told by the doctor I have to lose weight or I could run into some health issues. I am finding it real hard to get started. I am very interested in the alternate IP approach.
Welcome, there is a lot of information on this site for the alternative program. Look in the sticky's and there are some threads just using alternatives, if you can't find them, let me know and I'll help you find them....Lisa
Old 10-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #113  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Hello. I am starting the plan on Monday...for the first time. I am excited but nervous. I am a busy working mom of two elementary age boys. Finding time to diet and excersie has never been my priority. But i am feeling the weight every day now...stress, headaches, body aches, blood pressure etc. I know it is time to get the wieght off. But i have had very little luck on diets because i dont' stick to anything.
I am starting this with my husband. I have 75 to lose, he has about 25. I have support with him but i still struggle with binging, stress eating, compulsive eating etc. That is what i am worried about. I see how bad it is to cheat and have to start over the 3+ days of resetting the body. I don't want to do that all the time.....so i need to not cheat.
I look forward to the support and advice i receive from this group.
Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #114  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Welcome to the new people who are just starting. This is only my 4th week and I can tell you honestly, since I have been on every diet known to mankind, that this is the easiest diet I have ever been on. Not only the easiest, but the quickest weight loss too. I enjoy the foods from IP and I love my coach, both which I think are really important to your success. Also bottom line for me is this is a pretty expensive plan and I have to report in each week. Both of those make me feel responsible and accountable. The first few days on the plan can be hard between the withdrawal symptoms and the hunger, but get through that and life is good again. This really is my last diet. Good luck to all of you.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 182/155/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymom View Post
Hello. I am starting the plan on Monday...for the first time. I am excited but nervous. I am a busy working mom of two elementary age boys. Finding time to diet and excersie has never been my priority. But i am feeling the weight every day now...stress, headaches, body aches, blood pressure etc. I know it is time to get the wieght off. But i have had very little luck on diets because i dont' stick to anything.
I am starting this with my husband. I have 75 to lose, he has about 25. I have support with him but i still struggle with binging, stress eating, compulsive eating etc. That is what i am worried about. I see how bad it is to cheat and have to start over the 3+ days of resetting the body. I don't want to do that all the time.....so i need to not cheat.
Good luck to everyone.
Welcome! It is hard admitting that you need to do something about your weight. I have been the perpetual yo-yo dieter since I had my first child 15 years ago. I used to fluxuate 10 pounds, then 20, then 30 and then finally 40! I joined IP after the success my friend had and because I am busy working and shuffling kids around to all their activities. I have not really found it challenging at all, other than the first few days. I am sure you will be super successful! There is a ton of info here and some really good recipes. I am addicted to rutabaga fries and kale chips. My entire family loves them...and the fries almost make you feel like your cheating. Good luck!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymom View Post
Good luck to everyone.
Welcome, You will do fine. You just have to focus of finding something else besides eating to preoccupy yourself. Read a book, go for a walk, homework, You have the support of your DH so you should really do well on this program. Its easy and once you see the lbs start dropping it will be very encouraging to you. ANY loss is a good loss no matter how big or small....already remember that. The scale is just a number its how you feel that is more important
Old 10-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Hi, everyone! I'm a 38 yr-old mother of two boys (15 & 12) and I've been married to my husband for 16 years. I was never really thin, but I gained weight while in college. Two months after I graduated from college I had my first son and never really lost weight since. I have tried various diet plans with varied success, but always gained some weight back.
I have hypothyroidism and my last blood work showed that I was on the verge of high cholesterol and my insulin was elevated. Coincidentally (or not...lol) the same day that I got those results I had an appointment with my gynecologist for my yearly exam. After my exam she tells me that there is a new diet that her clinic is offering and it is wonderful and she's never seen people so happy on diets, etc, etc, and she suggested I give the coach a call because maybe it was something I would be interested in. Was someone trying to tell me something or what?? LOL!!
I did call her and started the next week. I was nervous that I couldn't possibly eat such limited foods long enough to be successful.
I go for my first WI tomorrow and I feel wonderful. I am less cranky, have more energy, and just feel better about life in general...and it's only been 6 days!!
I found this site while researching and now I check in and read every day for inspiration and support.
I'm looking forward to much success with IP! Many thanks to 3FC!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 147/127.5/130

Height: 5'3 3/4"

I second the feeling better thing. I was close to making an appointment with a neurologist for my headaches and was in PT for chronic hip pain and joint pain in the hands. Since starting this just 9 days ago, I have not had a single headache or joint pain...even on the first few days. It HAD to have been all of the sugar and diet cokes I was drinking!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:26 AM   #119  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
I second the feeling better thing. I was close to making an appointment with a neurologist for my headaches and was in PT for chronic hip pain and joint pain in the hands. Since starting this just 9 days ago, I have not had a single headache or joint pain...even on the first few days. It HAD to have been all of the sugar and diet cokes I was drinking!
It could also have been gluten, or a combination of things. Were you eating cheese and drinking milk? And I'm so glad things are better.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #120  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
Many people have these symptoms when they use aspartame (diet coke has it). I consider it pure poison and won't touch the stuff. Glad that you are feeling better and hopefully this program will convince you never to go back to the stuff...
Closed Thread