Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #136  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisous3 View Post
Hi!
I'm Suzanne...this is my first post here!
I started IP today, it's my first time on this program. I know it will work, if for no other reason than because it's the first time I've ever cut the carbs and sugar. My body will not be "used to" this.

Just curious- can I spread out my packets and my veggies? Or can I for example have a drink (packet) and an hour or two later eat my salad, then an hour after that the veggies?

I hope I can offer some help at some point down the road to others here... you are all wonderful inspirations!
Hey there Suzanne, welcome. You surely can spread out your food, as long as you get it all in you will be fine. This is of course ONLY MY OPINION, I do this sometimes myself. You will be amazed how quick you will start losing the weight once you cut the carbs and sugars out. Good luck and glad you came to join us
Old 10-18-2011, 07:46 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 153/153/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Wuv2b! You look amazing BTW.
Just had my first coffee ever with no sugar. I only used to have one tsp. so it wasn't too much of an adjustment, but an adjustment nonetheless.
Have a great day IP peeps!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 220/138/120

Height: 5'6"

Hi there,

I am new to the site. I have lost 80 lbs since October 2008. I have about 20 more pounds that I have been struggling to lose for about the last 10 months or so. I have heard so many success stories from people using Ideal Protein that I have booked myself in for a consultation this week. I will ask all of my questions there of course, but I am curious to hear what those who have been on the program have to say. Do you feel it is a solution for a person looking to lose and mantain a 20 pound loss? As I said I have already lost 80 lbs through sensible eating and exercise, but have been plateaued for quite some time now. Comments & suggestions??

Thanks!
Holly
Old 10-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisous3 View Post
Thanks Wuv2b! You look amazing BTW.
Just had my first coffee ever with no sugar. I only used to have one tsp. so it wasn't too much of an adjustment, but an adjustment nonetheless.
Have a great day IP peeps!
Not too bad of an adjustment then, that is the first step, making adjustments to making the program work. Its little things like that, that will make a difference in your success in the program. Experiment with your packets so that you don't feel like you are eating the same things all of the time, Have fun with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly2346 View Post
Hi there,

I am new to the site. I have lost 80 lbs since October 2008. I have about 20 more pounds that I have been struggling to lose for about the last 10 months or so. I have heard so many success stories from people using Ideal Protein that I have booked myself in for a consultation this week. I will ask all of my questions there of course, but I am curious to hear what those who have been on the program have to say. Do you feel it is a solution for a person looking to lose and mantain a 20 pound loss? As I said I have already lost 80 lbs through sensible eating and exercise, but have been plateaued for quite some time now. Comments & suggestions??

Thanks!
Holly
Welcome Holly, looks like you are already on a good road with an 80lb weight loss. With the help of the IP products you should have no problems losing the last 20lbs. Since you have only 20lbs left to go your weight loss might not be as quick as you would like, once most of the ones who have reached their goal or close to it their loses slow down but they do still lose. Good luck to you, there is plenty of information here along with recipes and tons of support
Old 10-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 169/147.2/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Lee Ann in Alaska

Hi all, my name is Lee Ann and I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. Over the past 10 years I've put on 20+ pounds. I'm 47 and want my old body back. I checked out IP here and to start they want $467.00 to start.............way out of my pocket range. First heard about IP from my mom, in Texas, she loved it and sent me a copy of her information. My first week I WI, at Weight Watchers, and had a loss of .4 lbs. A tad discouraging. I started out in Feb2011 at 169, just before I started this IP program I was stuck at 163. I hope I have better results this Saturday, but not really seeing it on my home scale. I see all these really nice loss numbers, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

AM: Protein drink, Multi Vit, Potassum
Mid-day: Ptotein drink, salad, 2 cups vegie
PM: 5-8oz meat, salad, 2 cups vegie

Do I have this right?
Old 10-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyAK63 View Post
Hi all, my name is Lee Ann and I live in Fairbanks, Alaska. Over the past 10 years I've put on 20+ pounds. I'm 47 and want my old body back. I checked out IP here and to start they want $467.00 to start.............way out of my pocket range. First heard about IP from my mom, in Texas, she loved it and sent me a copy of her information. My first week I WI, at Weight Watchers, and had a loss of .4 lbs. A tad discouraging. I started out in Feb2011 at 169, just before I started this IP program I was stuck at 163. I hope I have better results this Saturday, but not really seeing it on my home scale. I see all these really nice loss numbers, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

AM: Protein drink, Multi Vit, Potassum
Mid-day: Ptotein drink, salad, 2 cups vegie
PM: 5-8oz meat, salad, 2 cups vegie

Do I have this right?
You should also have a snack somewhere in there. Are you getting enough water? I would go the 8 oz of meat at night.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #142  

I do try to have 8 oz of meat at night. I guess instead of chewing gum in the midafternoon, I should have a protein bar or something like that.

Well, I guess, I've had some gains, DH says he can tell the difference, and i lost my boobs, again. I need to do measurements again. This is my 2nd week, and hubby and son started Monday.
Lee Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
You should also have a snack somewhere in there. Are you getting enough water? I would go the 8 oz of meat at night.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #143  

Sorry I ment to mention that I drink 50-65 oz of water everyday. Really notice at night, cause I have to get up and go. Before, I never got up in the middle of the night.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #144  

you will probably need to up your water the MINIMUM is 64 ozs. Just remember every time you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night that is FAT you are losing so I don't mind going at all....lol. What kinda veggies are you eating? are you sticking to the ones we have to follow or are you eating others as well?
Old 10-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #145  

Quote:
I do try to have 8 oz of meat at night. I guess instead of chewing gum in the midafternoon, I should have a protein bar or something like that.

Well, I guess, I've had some gains, DH says he can tell the difference, and i lost my boobs, again. I need to do measurements again. This is my 2nd week, and hubby and son started Monday.
Lee Ann
You do need to measure because sometimes we don't lose lbs but we do lose inches, I measure every week.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #146  

I stick to the vegies that are alloud. Mostly, brocolli, califlower, spinach, cabbage, cucs, mushrooms, lettuce, onions. Thats about it for now. I have had tomatoes, once, and only a couple of pieces in my salad one night. Thank God, my family loves vegies. I can always use more advise.

Quote:
you will probably need to up your water the MINIMUM is 64 ozs. Just remember every time you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night that is FAT you are losing so I don't mind going at all....lol. What kinda veggies are you eating? are you sticking to the ones we have to follow or are you eating others as well?
Old 10-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #147  

Quote:
I stick to the vegies that are alloud. Mostly, brocolli, califlower, spinach, cabbage, cucs, mushrooms, lettuce, onions. Thats about it for now. I have had tomatoes, once, and only a couple of pieces in my salad one night. Thank God, my family loves vegies. I can always use more advise.
Are you getting all of your sea salt and Olive oil in? How far are you going between meals?
Old 10-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #148  

Just started using the sea salt more, not use to using salt. Just figured out I can use olive oil. mealtimes: 7:30am, Noon, 7:00-8:00pm. I just didn't understand if we could snack in between. On weight watchers, I used to eat fruit, nuts, string cheese, in between meals. Now I'm not sure.

Quote:
Are you getting all of your sea salt and Olive oil in? How far are you going between meals?
Old 10-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #149  

Quote:
Just started using the sea salt more, not use to using salt. Just figured out I can use olive oil. mealtimes: 7:30am, Noon, 7:00-8:00pm. I just didn't understand if we could snack in between. On weight watchers, I used to eat fruit, nuts, string cheese, in between meals. Now I'm not sure.
Are you having a snack between your lunch and dinner? that is a long time to go between meals and not eating anything. You could eat some lettuce inbetween there or some veggies like a cucumber or bell pepper. Just a few suggestions
Old 10-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 158/147/115

Height: 5'4

I have been on the plan for a month and have lost 10 pounds, I am very disvcouraged that I havent lost more. in reading the posts here as far as I can tell is I drink alot of Crystal light with aspartame instead of slenda could that be what is holding me back
Closed Thread