Old 08-16-2011, 06:09 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7'

Default How do you reward yourself for milestones?

I have been reading some posts about how people reward themselves for any milestones they've set....and here came an idea for "How do YOU reward yourself"?

Before IP my rewards were usually food rewards...hmmm....guess that explains how I got where I am today!

I'd love to hear what everyone does. I read that some people are buying charms to add to a bracelet, another woman is buying bangle bracelets. I'd love to do something to signal to myself "you did it" that I can wear and remind myself of winning the battle of the bulge.
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

I reward myself for mini goals usually with a facial I rewarded myself with a tattoo for the halfway mark lol. Always wanted a nice one.

Last edited by amaliayosa; 08-16-2011 at 06:15 AM.
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I'm putting away 5 dollars for every pound I lose and when I hit my goal I'll double what I have.. I'll need a new wardrobe so I'm saving .

I'll be getting contacts for my birthday this year as long as I Am below 150. I have a month till then so I'm sure I'll make that mini goal.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

I'm not on IP, but I assume this goes for everyone trying to reach their goals. I've decided that for each mini goal I reach, I want to do something to challenge myself and expand my horizons. Find something that I've never done before, or something I used to do but stopped because of how miserable I was. Trying new things is more important to me than a spa day or new clothes or whatever. Nothing wrong with any of those things, but for me, I just want to get out there and live more, and this seems a good motivator for that.

Ideas so far include take pottery classes, do volunteer work (used to a lot as a teenager), join an archery club (I used to LOVE archery), read books I never thought I would have interest in (I get too focused on fantasy novels), go to a poetry reading, see a local band, try more Eastern/natural medicine (acupuncture, Reiki, etc)...etc, etc.
devnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #5  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

For my mini goals I am going to be buying myself scrapbooking supplies I find too expensive to by other wise. But now I think I deserve them. For my end goal I am going to get some pictures taken. Some of just myself and some with my family. Stupid reason, but I would never get family portraits taken with my family because I felt uncomfortable because of my size. I kick myself in the butt now as our oldest is 16, youngest 12 and we haven't gotten family portraits done for about 10 years now and this is something I have always wanted to do.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/137.2/125 - Age 25

Height: 5'1

I would purchase new things for myself or my favourite one is to get a haircut. When I want a haircut, I REALLY want it because my hair may be out of place. But I tell myself, nope, can't have it until you reach goal. Essentially you drive yourself to keep on track so you can cut your hair!

I hope that doesn't sound crazy LOL
Bride2Be310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Once of the reasons I started IP is because I have virtually no pictures of myself with my little girl who is now 2 and only a few with my 5 year old. So I totally understand not wanting to do the family portraits! That is an awesome idea and is definitely now on my list!
I am planning to treat myself to a new tattoo when I hit goal (hopefully in October!) - a peony (prosperity, good fortune, & happy marriage) & orchids (exotic beauty, sensuality) because I feel like me again!
I originally had some mini-goals, but hubbie and I decided to buy a new bed! We've needed a new mattress for years, but they are just so darn expensive! It is absolute heaven, and I don't mind that I gave up my mini-goals of pedicures and purses for a comfy new bed!!
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #8  

I went 'shopping' in my closet this morning and that felt like a huge reward. I wore an outfit that I haven't been able to wear in a very long time. No one has noticed that I've lost weight but people are telling me that I look really happy and good.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #9  

I'm putting $200 away for each 10 lbs lost and when my best friend and I both reach goal we're going away somewhere hot together. Only problem is that she's fallen off the wagon so I'm not sure what to do now...maybe go by myself?
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I'm putting $200 away for each 10 lbs lost and when my best friend and I both reach goal we're going away somewhere hot together. Only problem is that she's fallen off the wagon so I'm not sure what to do now...maybe go by myself?
Well, there are beautiful spas taht you can go away to when you've reached your goal...whether or not your friend can go. Best of luck and I hope you find a fabulous place to go away!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
$200/10lbs? That's awesome.

I haven't rewarded myself yet. I haven't thought of anything that I really want. I think a massage at the half way mark may be nice. I'm super close too.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I'm not sure if I will be able to afford it but I really like the bracelet idea. The reason is I find bracelets are jewelery you wear for your own satisfaction because they are always in your line of vision (rings too). With a bracelet I would notice it each time I reached out for something and it would really remind me to think twice when I reach for food.

The expense problem is because I have already lost 50 pounds over the past 10 years and would want to lose 20 more so that is 7 charms or whatever.

Here is a funny issue I have with bracelets. In my job I do academic assessments with school kids. I have some nice bracelets but found out quickly that little girls are fascinated with bracelets. Every time I reached for something on the table they became totally distracted and focused on the bracelet. Little boys never notice any jewelery.
So what I might do is give myself one as a retirement and weight loss gift at the end of this coming school year.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I'm going to buy myself some diamond earrings for when I'm done. I have an idea for the 100 lb mark ..... don't want to jinx it so I'll let you know if I get what I ask for
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #14  
started IP on 6/17/2011

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5''

I am getting a new wardrobe and we are going to Cancun with my dad in December. I think those things are great enough for me to work towards. However, I think my husband has something planned for when I hit my goal...he is sneaky like that.
champaignsupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

I am going to buy myself a ring, it's done to honor my CFL team...GO RIDERS!! lol
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote