Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #1  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Default Newbies thread continued aka Wayward's group.

Just because we are getting close to 500 posts again, so before they shut the old thread down on us, I moved it.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Thanks Wayward! Glad to you know your survived the homemade cookies, that would really get me! Also great job on the exercise, that is quite some distance!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:54 PM   #3  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks Coliep, and the body glide is still doing it's job great, I have used it biking a couple of times and the last 10 miles we walked without incident.
I wish I would have known about it like 10 years ago, I always pay the price after golf lol.

Hope everyone is doing well since it's so quiet in here today.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #4  

I know, right?! I had some unfortunate incidents after my long runs while training for the half marathon and was so grateful when I discovered teh body glide!!

It has been quiet and I suspect we have lost some. I am feeling a bit lost, but still here, stil trying to find a working solution with alternatives and a little more flexibility that mirrors most principles of IP. Being that the scale is up, thinking my approach is not working so much.

Have you heard of / looked into Primal Blueprint?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #5  
Incredible Shrinking Wife

S/C/G: 172.8/142/130

Height: 5'4"

Amen for body glide!

I had a hormonal stall last week, hoping to see some improvement this week... went back to the gym today, broken toe and all, because I couldn't stand being sedentary one more minute...

I looked into Primal Blueprint a few months ago... seemed like a lot of meat to me, but I don't know how different it is from this (sans little silver packets)...

Thanks for starting up this new thread... and hope you had a great weekend!
Old 08-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #6  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good morning everyone.. i jumped on my scale..and it didnt move..im not disheartened by it because i know i stayed on plan yesterday and the day before..its day 4 and plus the scale already jumped down 3 pounds this week in 4 days so im not worried if i dont lose another pound this week..though i would like to.

So its officially day 4 and i did in fact survive the past few days..it was horrible!!! i wanted to eat everything in sight! But i didnt.. i survived..so...yay!!!

Oh and if its not too blunt to say so...i went online last night and found me some motivation...I went and bought some naughty sleepwear to suprise my hunny on our anniversary weekend...he has never seen me in anything like that before..nothing pretty and sexy..so i figure if i got it in one size smaller it would give me the motivation to keep losing weight..cause 1 size should be 12 pounds..and i should be able to do that in the next 40 pounds..so yah..there is my motivation for the month to stay on plan..

Glad to hear your doing beter Wayward...thanks for starting up are new thread again..

Hey Coliep..Why not try a atkins style..you can still have sweets..and penut butter...but just watch the calorie count ...so you could do nut butters and eggs and meats and bacon(in moderation) and try like whip cream on top of sugar free jello or even your pudding from IP? Dont give up...you can do this! I believe in you!

Well the good news is.. i think im gettin back into ketosis again..i dont feel so hungry..yesterday i had to remind myself to eat ...ive really been bootcampin this week..i dont actually like the bars all that much..funny hey?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #7  

You know, I am just not an atkins fan. I don't eat a high fat diet, I am not a big meat eater, don't really like cream etc. I like the IP idea, but it is just costly and I have concern for me over the low calories considering how active I want to be. So, I figured I can tweak it. In theory, it should work but I have hit a roadblock of some sort. I am also suffering with some bloating and abdominal discomfort the last few days. And water retention. Not quite sure why or what is going on. I am thinking of going Primal, which is similar to IP in the low carb kind of way, but that requiers too much learning/research for now so I am going to do my best to do IP but with alternatives and some flexibility. I mean, I may not lose 4 lbs per week if I have a vodka and diet soda on a Sunday night but it shouldn't kick me out of ketosis either. Those are the kinds of compromises I can live with - reasonable calorie, high protein, low carb, healthy fats, water, exercise. I am just still stumped about the weight gain . . .
Old 08-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Thanks for starting the new thread Wayward. Seems so far everyone has survived the weekend without too many slips.
I had WI# 3 this morning. I'm excited to see a new number on the scale which means my clothes won't be as tight at the end of August when I'm back to work (aka school) as they were at the end of June. I lost another 2.3 and am so pleased to keep going in the right direction. I am used to gaining on all the conventional diets such as WW.

Have a great rest of Monday all.

Pat
Old 08-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #9  

Great job =)
Old 08-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #10  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I was wondering what happened to the other thread.....I was lost for a minute glad I found it and glad to see everyone is doing great!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 453-298IP/241.5/215

Height: 6' 2"

I'm brand new around here so I thought I would introduce myself. While I'm brand new to IP, I've been working on losing weight for close to two years. I had been losing steadily until 3-4 months ago when I hit a plateau that I have not been unable to get past.

Tomorrow is my first IP WI and I am looking forward to seeing some progress. I've been lurking around here for a couple of days and I look forward to learning from all the great people here. I'm still reading through the newbie FAQs so I'll try to keep redundant questions to a minimum.

I do have one question . As a guy on a site clearly directed primarily to women, is there anything a I should be aware of beyond the obvious, normal rules of decent conduct?

- John
Old 08-16-2011, 01:05 AM   #12  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLA View Post
I'm brand new around here so I thought I would introduce myself. While I'm brand new to IP, I've been working on losing weight for close to two years. I had been losing steadily until 3-4 months ago when I hit a plateau that I have not been unable to get past.

Tomorrow is my first IP WI and I am looking forward to seeing some progress. I've been lurking around here for a couple of days and I look forward to learning from all the great people here. I'm still reading through the newbie FAQs so I'll try to keep redundant questions to a minimum.

I do have one question . As a guy on a site clearly directed primarily to women, is there anything a I should be aware of beyond the obvious, normal rules of decent conduct?

- John
Welcome John and good luck on your weigh in. This is a great plan and works great!! Wayward is a guy too, we just like to have fun and support each other through our journey's I am sure you will fit in fine. At least you are reading some of the FAQ's most don't and just ask the questions over again, but that is ok because we just answer them again or find the post and bump it up so its easier to find.

Lisa
Old 08-16-2011, 04:36 AM   #13  
Porthardygurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLA View Post

- John

Welcome.. your a sweetheart for asking if there are other unknown women conduct rules..all i can say is: as a women.. i have my beefs about guys occasionally..but then again..i have beefs about women too..haha..point is: we try really hard not to bash are DH or are DW -dear husband or dear wife or dear anybody..but occasionally it happens..BUT we do support each other..and im sure if you step out of line..well Wayward may just kick your butt...(kidding) Nah its all good..your good..just keep truckin away at your weight loss..

Oh..wait..there is 1 rule.. You MUST say hi every day to everyone! Cuz were one happy big weight loss family..
Old 08-16-2011, 04:46 AM   #14  
Porthardygurl

Well...another day down! and another one begun! today is day 5 woot...100% OP... and im totally into ketosis now..cause ive lost my appetite like none other..and it sucks in a way cause i hate eating when im not feeling hungry..but whats a girl to do??? eat..lol..I bought this cool super duper microwave egg poacher so i dont have to pull out the frying pan at 11:30pm to make my dinner..so now i do it in the micro for like less than a minute and i dont end up with an egg explosion inside! yay!

Im hoping hoping hoping to jump on that scale and have moved down this stupid pound ive been waiting to lose to get to 20 pounds lost.. i hope i do it this time..

Okay enough chatter..time for bed..
Old 08-16-2011, 06:37 AM   #15  
Joined IP 8/2011

S/C/G: 166/145.4/120

Height: 5'0''

Default Just getting started!

Hi! I'm Carrie aka ianmeghanmom (two kids Ian and Meghan) and I found IP because a couple of physical therapists who have been working on neck and shoulder pain have been through IP and had wonderful things to say about it. The D.O. who is the coach for it was going to be the doctor to do my hystorectomy a few years ago before she injuried her own back/neck and could no longer do surgeries. Full circle!

I'm actually starting Phase I at breakfast today, went to the grocery yesterday to buy veggies and proteins for lunch/dinner, and ended up ordering online some of the WF products because I could not find them near me (I live near Austin TX) and I didn't feel like driving all over town.

The recipe suggestions have been very helpful. I don't work fulltime anymore, but I do stay very busy outside the house, and substitute teach, so I guess I'll always have to be very very organized. Having exactly enough food for 2 weeks (but the same packets for those 2 weeks) is killing me. I have a checkup with her on Thurs and I'm going to inquire if I can go on and get another week just so I can have some more variety to make the mixes that have been discussed.

Eventually I'll figure out how to make my post all exciting with smileys, and ticker tapes (I don't think I can do that till later) but directions to anything that will make my first week appetizing is helpful. I am reviewing all the FAQs, etc.

Thanks for everything! Carrie
Closed Thread