Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #31  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlwithaplan View Post
Thanks Wayward,
I think alot has to do with attitude, you can't let yourself get down because you only lost 1 pound...you have to say to yourself:Wow I lost another pound, another pound that I will never see again. wether it's one or 4 or 6 pounds, it's still fat leaving your body and we should celebrate that. there will be hard days ,there will cheat days but no matter what we have to stick to it if we really want it, it's a new way of eating. I personally know I will have to watch what I eat EVERY SINGLE DAY for the rest of my life and I am ok with that.
YOU are SOOO RIGHT about it being in your ATTITUDE!!...if you have the right attitude and the right mindset then you can get through all of the obstacles that you come across with flying colors.....Great job!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #32  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Everyone must have a busy day ....no one is here
Old 08-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Wow, such great reports from everyone! I will live vicariously through your outstanding losses and progress!!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 292/262/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hip Hip Hooray for the cousin's weigh-in and hip hip hooray for minus 65!!!!!!There should be a sign there in Louisiana to watch out for you two!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #35  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Actually I am pretty slammed today.
I am on my 7th computer so far this morning, I even made myself a cup of instant coffee which I haven't done in awhile.
Dreading going to my weigh in today, better be more weight loss then last week lol.
I actually cooked fish last night......for me that's a huge deal, my wife has never seen me eat fish.
And I burned it lol........dammit
But at least I tried right... it wasn't too bad, and no I cannot remember what I had.
I made some chicken too, too bad I burned that along with the fish.
I was waiting until Hardcore Pawn was over before I got the food off the grill... damn t.v. addict lol.
But I did find it was better for me to eat last night before I worked out.
Which normally I have been eating way after and I found myself not near as tired and sore during it since I actually had some fresh protein in me.
I normally don't get home after working out until after 10:00 and then have to make dinner, so I end up going like 11 hours without eating... I will try forcing dinner down before a couple of more time to be sure.
But I think overall it's the smarter plan.
Plus then I don't have to wait and eat my snack so late.
I hope all you lurkers are having a good day
Old 08-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #36  
Started IP July 8th

Oh and Wuv.... sorry I didn't say anything before.... CONGRATS on continuing a great job!!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #37  

Wayward - what about switching your lunch and dinner, in light of your schedule? Eat your dinner at lunchtime -- it is a much bigger/bulkier meal and your body can digest and process to keep you going. Then have a shake before your workout. Perhaps the long stint between meals and the large meal before bed are impeding your "pounds"? The body doesn't like to go 11 hours, my IP info advised eating every 3-4 I believe . . . just a thought!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #38  
Started IP July 8th

Hence the reason I am going to try and start making sure I eat before I go.
The wife said she preferred it that way last night too.
Plus I only get 30 mins for lunch, and sometimes I end up working through lunch so that doesn't really work.
Plus I enjoy eating and cooking with my wife and I wouldn't want to lose that
Old 08-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 203.2/162/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi-I'm new to this thread and pretty new to the forum! My name is Michelle aka chellebee72.

About 8 yrs ago I lost 45lbs with the help of Herbalife and finished my weight loss journey with just using small portion sizes and bicycling (& other excercising). I of course I maintained until I got pg with my second son
I am officiall down 30.6lbs and 31+inches since starting 9 weeks ago!

I want to start riding bike again which is my favorite exercise. I will have to slowly work up to doing it again but I will get there.

I don't get to visit here often so it will take me a while to get to know everybody. Be patient with me!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #40  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Okay..im officially frustrated... I dont get it!!!!! How the heck am i up like a pound..its bad enough not losing that 20th pound and now the scale goes up???? Im not even cheating or doing anything wrong.. i dont understand!!!!!!
I feel so discouraged..like.why do i bother..how am i supposed to lose was 10 pounds?? i thought this was supposed to help you lose weight fast??? I feel like im going to diet It makes me want to quit!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Okay..im officially frustrated... I dont get it!!!!! How the heck am i up like a pound..its bad enough not losing that 20th pound and now the scale goes up???? Im not even cheating or doing anything wrong.. i dont understand!!!!!!
I feel so discouraged..like.why do i bother..how am i supposed to lose was 10 pounds?? i thought this was supposed to help you lose weight fast??? I feel like im going to diet It makes me want to quit!!!!!!!!!
Oh man, I wish I could help you Could your thyroid be an issue for you? Do you need an extra protein packet a day because maybe you aren't eating enough?! That is all I can offer with a big ol' squishy
Old 08-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #42  

Port - it is fast, but not miraculous. Our bodies are still very complex units. That 1 pound could be an extra liter of water you haven't peed out yet. You have been on/off the diet and your body is still figuring out what it is doing. Be patient, give it time. I cannot tell you when that 20th pound will be gone for good, but I can guarantee you that if you don't continue to diet and change your eating habits for the better that it will never come off. So, persevere and I am sure you will see results!

Also, that is up one pound from yesterday . . . not that you have been carrying that one pound for a week . . . so it isn't even a "gain" yet.

(coming from another frustrated/discouraged dieter who has gained 3 pounds in the last week despite the fact that the "numbers" don't add up).

Last edited by coliep; 08-17-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #43  

Welcome Michelle! I, too, am losing the baby weight! I did just fine on my own with the first two, but this time it has been a greater struggle. I was just doing the calorie deficit thing but it was going toooooo slowly and I wasn't being diligent enough to really get results. I decided that, once I weaned, I would get on IP for the last 10-15 pounds. Right before weaning, I went on a month-long road trip (aka eating out 3x / day for 4 weeks) and although I made pretty good choices I also couldn't exercise as much so I gained about 5 pounds. Thus, when I started IP, I had 20 pounds to go. I am still going to call it "baby weight" even though I have technically lost all that, and then gained a few back lol!

Welcome and we look forward to your "visits"!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #44  
Started IP July 8th

Port and Colliep.... right there with you.
Yes I haven't gained like either of you, and after today I guess we will see. But I only lost 1 last week and it doesn't seem like I am going to lose much at all this week, and that is with 6 weeks of no cheating at all, not a bite, not a thing.

I also have walked 22 miles in the past week and rode another 20 miles.

But I am just trying not to get frustrated because it doesn't do any good.
Am I happy with the 23 pounds so far... yeah but I have a lot left to go.

Just hang in there, and let yourselves get over this hump.
I am right here with you.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Port - it is fast, but not miraculous. Our bodies are still very complex units. That 1 pound could be an extra liter of water you haven't peed out yet. You have been on/off the diet and your body is still figuring out what it is doing. Be patient, give it time. I cannot tell you when that 20th pound will be gone for good, but I can guarantee you that if you don't continue to diet and change your eating habits for the better that it will never come off. So, persevere and I am sure you will see results!

(coming from another frustrated/discouraged dieter who has gained 3 pounds in the last week despite the fact that the "numbers" don't add up).
See I'm not familiar enough with you all to make comments. I agree with COLIEP. I think it took me darn near 3 flippin weeks before I could wrap my head around this entire program. I was actually feeling angry at first because I didn't want to have to do any program. Ok....I'm sorry I didn't mean to make this about me.

Keep at it!!!!! Embrace your endless possibilities with this program!
Closed Thread