Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #61  

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a good day! I am feeling pretty skinny back in my size 12 long fitted shorts. I had errands to do today so I thought I would even put makeup on! LOL. I am really enjoying putting my food into MYFitnessPal dot com. I just type in IDeal Protein in the search and all our foods come up! Think I can view what I have eaten for the week and see my calories, carbs, fat and protein,etc. I really like it and can see me doing this all through maintenance. I like it much better than WW etools.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #62  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Hey gang, I am just getting online at 645pm for the first time today. My youngest son called from college his transcript from his summer class he took here at the community college had not made it up to MSU yet so I had to go find out why. He can't sign up for his classes until they have it and classes start on Wednesday. Someone at MSU opened it but did not forward it to the correct place for Mechanical Engineering so he is on "hold" until they find it. He is a bit upset of course.

I went to the mall today and bought myself a present. I bought myself a Pandora bracelet(charm). So now every time I lose 20lbs I'll buy myself a new charm

Hope everyone has a great night!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #63  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Hey gang, I am just getting online at 645pm for the first time today. My youngest son called from college his transcript from his summer class he took here at the community college had not made it up to MSU yet so I had to go find out why. He can't sign up for his classes until they have it and classes start on Wednesday. Someone at MSU opened it but did not forward it to the correct place for Mechanical Engineering so he is on "hold" until they find it. He is a bit upset of course.

I went to the mall today and bought myself a present. I bought myself a Pandora bracelet(charm). So now every time I lose 20lbs I'll buy myself a new charm

I'm having trouble with my financial aid this semester because someone dropped the ball. What a pain!

Good idea with the bracelet. You better get yourself a few charms to make up for lost time.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #64  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I'm having trouble with my financial aid this semester because someone dropped the ball. What a pain!

Good idea with the bracelet. You better get yourself a few charms to make up for lost time.
Yes it is a pain!!....I bought myself the bracelet and 5 charms, that equals up to my 63lbs...haha
Old 08-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #65  

Quote:
Yes it is a pain!!....I bought myself the bracelet and 5 charms, that equals up to my 63lbs...haha
Good for you!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
You are both doing phase 1 right? Are you doing it with or with out restricted products? Are you allowing any dairy other than the 1 oz of skim milk in the morning? Are you using the 5oz of meat and 7oz of fish or are you using the new 5 to 8 ounce of anything guideline?

I only ask because the guideline of losses averaging (over the whole total weight you lose) of 3 to 5 pounds a week was based on a much more rigid program (IMHO).

Back then, you could have no restricted foods until you were at 90 to 100% of your weight loss goal. You could have occasional veggies only after week 3. You could not have any cheese as a substitute for milk. You could only have salmon or tuna 1x per week. AND, your meat/poultry portions were 5oz PREcooked.

The result was a much lower calorie diet and you did tend to lose faster even if you didn't have a large amount to shed. The problem was for some people, losing a bit more slowly and being a bit more satisfied was necessary if they were to be able to stick with it in the long term. THUS, the add of the restricted from day 1 or week 2 (depends on the coach) and the increase of regular (dinner meal) protein.

If you feel you aren't losing fast enough and you are doing it the new way, you could try the old method and see if the results are better for you. If you can manage it, it really isn't bad.

Also remember the closer you get to your goal the less you need to eat and the less fat you have to offer in the ketosis process so, just eating a little too much more than you should in a day could prevent your body from tapping into its fat reserves for the calories and slow you a bit.

Think of it this way, your body needs a specific number of calories a day say 1500 for easy purpose. You can get that from food or fat. What you don't get from food, IF IN KETOSIS, will be taken from fat. So, say you eat 1000 calories on the diet, your body will take the equivalent of 500 from your fat reserves. If you allow that to go up to 1100 you use only 400 of fat and, you lose out on burning an extra 100 calories a day or 700 calories a week. That is why it becomes more important to stay with the program protocol.

If you are a 140 pound women (need of approx 1650 calories a day) and are on program and getting around 800 calories a day you are getting about 850 calories a day (equivalent in fat). That means you would be losing about 1.7 pound per week of fat plus related fluid loss. So, 2 pounds a week is normal for that person at that weight, without exercise, if on program and not adding extras in.

Sorry if that got confusing. Just trying to illustrate how we can slow ourselves down when we aren't meaning to do it.
You are just a wealth of knowledge. Thank you for coming back and continuing to share with us.

PS- I think I might cut out the bars completely. I can't believe how much less hungry and "craving-y" I feel after just 3 days without them.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #67  

I have one bar a week after I weigh in! It's my "treat" for being OP. I also buy the SW curls and use them on my salads.

Sigh, financial aid at college and getting the classes you want is always a pain.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Awesome! You deserve it
Old 08-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Bellamack- did you see the post from Carla about the old program? I was thinking about you b/c I know your struggles. I was wondering if you were eating a restricted every day? The past couple of days I have cut out my restricted and noticed I feel better and got a nice big whoosh on the scale. My official WI isn't until Wed. but I think this week is going to be a good one. I am going to try a full week w/o restricteds and see if I get another good loss. I just wanted to throw it out there to you.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #70  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default WI # 26 is now officially over

Good evening everyone, I am proud to say I have officially lost 76 lbs and am at my 3/4 goal point. This has been coming for 2 weeks but I am not going to go back to the 170s this time. Will update my pics shortly...

My other appointment today went like I expected it to... My old dog is getting old, my young dog is getting older... sad to see them getting old but it comes for everyone. Both dogs are now sleeping beside me on the couch and the floor. It was a long appointment it was at 3:20 but didn't see my very busy vet until 4:20.

NSV - My vet was astonished at MY weight loss... she was so nice.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #71  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good evening everyone, I am proud to say I have officially lost 76 lbs and am at my 3/4 goal point. This has been coming for 2 weeks but I am not going to go back to the 170s this time. Will update my pics shortly...

My other appointment today went like I expected it to... My old dog is getting old, my young dog is getting older... sad to see them getting old but it comes for everyone. Both dogs are now sleeping beside me on the couch and the floor. It was a long appointment it was at 3:20 but didn't see my very busy vet until 4:20.

NSV - My vet was astonished at MY weight loss... she was so nice.
Joanne,

You. Are. Amazing!! I am so inspired by you. You keep on, keeping on no matter what. Congratulations on your 3/4 way to goal. I look forward to watching you slide into home and phase off. You can do it!!

Lynn
Old 08-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sle1961 View Post
Hi all!! I am new to this site and to IP. I just had my 2nd weigh in and lost just about nothing. First week was great at 7 lbs. I just finished my period on Saturday. Could this be water weight? I didn't cheat during the week at all.
7 pounds in the first week is huge. Your body is still likely adjusting to that. Just keep on keeping on and you will see another drop next week.

Pat
Old 08-15-2011, 09:37 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Hi all! Hope everyone is having a good day! I am feeling pretty skinny back in my size 12 long fitted shorts. I had errands to do today so I thought I would even put makeup on! LOL. I am really enjoying putting my food into MYFitnessPal dot com. I just type in IDeal Protein in the search and all our foods come up! Think I can view what I have eaten for the week and see my calories, carbs, fat and protein,etc. I really like it and can see me doing this all through maintenance. I like it much better than WW etools.
Thanks for that tip. I didn't realize that IP food would be in a program already.

Pat
Old 08-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
That is outstanding!!!!

I went and bought myself a new scale. I had an old fashioned one with a needle and hash marks. So I bought a nice digital one that also stores user data and calculates bmi, body fat %, and hydration. I'm hoping this will keep me more in line. The true test will come on Wednesday - WI day - when I can see how this scale comes up against the one at my clinic. It reads 2.2lbs down, but that could be the difference in scales. Crossing my fingers.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #75  

Joanne - you look amazing, the difference is crazy, you look like a whole different woman
Closed Thread