Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Good Morning everyone! I've been on IP since Jan for all you newbies that have no idea who i am...lol...used to be on here all the time but the summer months keep me away from the site. Anyway just hit my 90 lb weight loss mark this weekend. For all of you ladies and gents that get annoyed with the program from time to time please do not quit. I am an example that this program does work.

You will be seeing me more in the fall...ok back to my summer. Enjoy everyone and have a wonderful OP day!
That is GREAT!! Your pictures are amazing
Old 08-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludolphin View Post
If today wasn't a day to cheat I don't know when it would be.

On the way into work I rear-ended someone, just a tap but the damage was done just the same. Honestly the car looks worse than what the accident was but all the same it was my fault. To top it off I forgot my insurance card in my house in my scanner for another reason so all I had in my car was an expired card...which the cop was kind enough to call the insurance company to have them neither acknowledge or deny that I have current insurance so now I am scheduled to appear before court to prove i had insurance...argh. I get to work and there are donuts and left over cake from someons party and someone filled the candy jar.

I have not cheated, the tempation is greatly there, I feel I need chocolate. I have decided to lock myself in my office until I need to either use the bathroom or refill my water.
Yes do what you have to so you are not tempted. I have just gone to bed at 7:30 a few nights because I was frustrated and wanted SEVERAL unmentionable things that were not on plan. Just take some time to calm down and tell yourself that eating those things will NOT help your Monday and it will make you feel like crap even more if you do it. Hope your day gets better
Old 08-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Another thing I notice with the bars is they are never "enough". I am left always wanting more and I never feel that way with the pudding or drinks. Which is what made me think about trying to cut them out for a week to see how I feel. They definitely leave me feeling more hungry.

I will definitely keep you posted. By the time I go for WI on Wed. it will be 4 full days without any restricted items.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:31 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

WI#2 -6.4 whoo hoo

Also, she gave me 2 novalax to try, she said once I'm "cleared out" that the floralax should work fine.

Not sure if that applies to everywhere (I'm in Quebec, Canada) but she also told me that as of September 1st, all prices are going up (right now, a box is 23.50 and its going up to 27, not sure for individual packages).
Old 08-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
Yes do what you have to so you are not tempted. I have just gone to bed at 7:30 a few nights because I was frustrated and wanted SEVERAL unmentionable things that were not on plan. Just take some time to calm down and tell yourself that eating those things will NOT help your Monday and it will make you feel like crap even more if you do it. Hope your day gets better
Thanks...I'm feeling better now...didn't cheat eating my asparagus for lunch with lettuce and my drink...I'm feeling I can survive this day.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
WI#2 -6.4 whoo hoo

Also, she gave me 2 novalax to try, she said once I'm "cleared out" that the floralax should work fine.

Not sure if that applies to everywhere (I'm in Quebec, Canada) but she also told me that as of September 1st, all prices are going up (right now, a box is 23.50 and its going up to 27, not sure for individual packages).
My boxes have been $27 since I started in January of 2010 - and as far as I know that is the standard price across the board so be glad you've been getting them that cheap

Last edited by jordanna; 08-15-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 228/219.7/177

Height: 5 feet 7 iinches

Good afternoon everyone. I finally hit my first goal this morning. Down 50 pounds and I'm super excited. Now to focus on my next 30. I hope I can hit it by Christmas.

Hopefully everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine07 View Post
Good afternoon everyone. I finally hit my first goal this morning. Down 50 pounds and I'm super excited. Now to focus on my next 30. I hope I can hit it by Christmas.

Hopefully everyone has a wonderful day.
Congrats!! You should be able to. If not darn close. Keep up the good work
Old 08-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #39  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludolphin View Post
If today wasn't a day to cheat I don't know when it would be.

I have not cheated, the tempation is greatly there, I feel I need chocolate. I have decided to lock myself in my office until I need to either use the bathroom or refill my water.
I am so sorry your day started off rough. Do you happen to have any tea in your office (staff kitchen perhaps?) maybe try having a warm cup of herb tea to calm you a little. It might help you feel like your less tempted to cheat. Perhaps a good coworker would help you out if you are hesitant about heading back to the breakroom (kitchen).

I hope things improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Good Morning everyone! I've been on IP since Jan for all you newbies that have no idea who i am...lol...used to be on here all the time but the summer months keep me away from the site. Anyway just hit my 90 lb weight loss mark this weekend. For all of you ladies and gents that get annoyed with the program from time to time please do not quit. I am an example that this program does work.

You will be seeing me more in the fall...ok back to my summer. Enjoy everyone and have a wonderful OP day!
Hello!! So nice to see you and, YOU ARE LOOKING GREAT!!! Enjoy summer and see you around this fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post

As for the bars...

I was reading about carbs/sugar over the weekend and learned that your body can start to secrete insulin just by thinking about carbs. I was reading so much on Saturday night that I realized I was cranky and *****chy just thinking about them all the time. I was reading "Good Calories, Bad Calories" and "Protein Power"... all good books, but got me thinking about all the food I shouldn't eat. So, no more reading for me at the moment!!
Interesting! Which book had those tidbits? It sounds like something I would like to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Another thing I notice with the bars is they are never "enough". I am left always wanting more and I never feel that way with the pudding or drinks. Which is what made me think about trying to cut them out for a week to see how I feel. They definitely leave me feeling more hungry.

I will definitely keep you posted. By the time I go for WI on Wed. it will be 4 full days without any restricted items.
I can't do the bars. I wasn't allowed them while I was on phase 1. When I came off and went to phase 4, then I had them but, I didn't introduce them until about 3 months and as a supplement. For me, I found they weren't filling and they set me up for a blood sugar swing. I no longer buy them. I do occasionally use the puffs on a salad or the chocolate and peanut puffs but, again, they really aren't much of a filling meal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
My boxes have been $27 since I started in January of 2010 - and as far as I know that is the standard price across the board so be glad you've been getting them that cheap
I started in 2009 and, back then in the USA, we were $27.00 a box (after a $1.00 box discount) or $4.00 per individual packet and $4.50 per individual RTD.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #40  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 261 / see ticker / 155

Height: 5'6

Happy Monday all! Day 2 of vacation. Temptations everywhere but staying op.

So I've been struggling with hunger the whole time. Everyone I see says they aren't hungry or have to force their food. I'm hungry within a half hour of eating. What gives? I've tried more protein, splitting veggies, more water...etc.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #41  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post

I only use Atkins products but I have the opposite experience. I sometimes only eat half of a bar because it's just too much.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista7382 View Post

So I've been struggling with hunger the whole time. Everyone I see says they aren't hungry or have to force their food. I'm hungry within a half hour of eating. What gives? I've tried more protein, splitting veggies, more water...etc.
I still get hungry but i find that its very manageable. My stomach will be growling and i'll feel very hungry but within 10-15 min, it usually goes away and i'm good until my next meal.

Do you have intervals between meals that are too long? Maybe you should add another packet? More experienced members should have good ideas.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #43  
started on June 14

S/C/G: 185/ticker/120

Height: 5.2 1/2

Having been OP for nine weeks, I weighed at 162.8 this morning, which is 22.2 pounds less than what I was nine weeks ago.

For a small emotional milestone, I wanted to be 159 today. For one, today marks the eighth anniversary for DH and me. And I have been using 5 percent reduction of my weight as each of the small goals. It took two weeks for the first five percent; 33 days, including eleven days on a modified Atkins/IP diet, for the next five percent; and it would have been great if in less than three weeks I stepped down to the next rung. For I was like clockwork and religiously OP!!!

Oh well.
I am grateful to IP but it is a bit dispiriting to think that how hard I may try, 2.5 pounds a week seems to be the best I can aim at.

I may be lucky to reach Phase 2 by Christmas.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

TexanKay,

We are in the same boat! I am doing everything I can, but I don't come anywhere near the average of 3-5 lbs. other than at the beginning. So, I am sucking it up and moving forward. Congrats on your journey thus far and Happy Anniversary.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #45  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista7382 View Post

What are you eating and how frequently? Are you getting in all of your olive oil? Some people need a little bit more fat in their diet. You might try to add an extra tsp of olive oil to you day and see if that helps.

I actually have made my shakes in the blender, smoothie style, and added some flax seed oil or omega 3/6/9 oil, to make it creamier and more filling.

Are you getting in all your veggies? Are they more watery or fiber like? Try adding the more fiber oriented veggies because they may keep you more full.

Are you taking advantage of the chance to eat unlimited lettuce? If not, try preparing and extra "side salad" of lettuce with just a small 1/4 cup or less of chopped veggies as a topping. It might be a good filler. Add a few soy puffs as "croutons" and to give you a protein boost.

Take one of the unrestricted packets of protein like a blueberry pom or orange drink (or the others). Make it very dilute in a large amount of water and then drink it through out the day. You will get in plenty of water, have the added protein from the packet, and may find you stay more full.

Have some hard boiled egg whites available as a snack sometimes just one or two whites will be enough to help you out (they offer about 4g of protein in the white of 1 large).

Aim for the smallest fix that works. If your body doesn't need the extra fat, protein, or fiber don't over do it. You will know you have found what works for you when the hunger goes and the scale is still moving down.

Each of us is different and sometimes, we do need a little more than someone else.
Closed Thread