Old 08-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Surprised at how well this is going

I am amazed how quickly I am taking to this plan. I have an almost 3-year-old and have to handle all sorts of foods for him and haven't once been tempted to go off program.

Today I had one momentary lapse, when I almost grabbed a handful of fresh berries we just bought at the farmers market, but they never even made it into my hand, let alone my mouth.

Then I baked a cake with some of the berries to bring to a party we were going to later in the day. The house smelled delicious and that was enough for me.

Then at the party, I realized that I was really hungry, ate a small burger and a few asparagus spears and called that dinner, since we weren't going to get home until late and I was too hungry to wait.

So, yay me for today. Tomorrow is another party. And I'm thinking, bring it on.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

This is a really easy plan to stay on if you have the right mind set. Looks like you have that going on. Plan ahead and you will always be prepared for what comes at you. Great job!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #3  
Started IP 08/05/2011

S/C/G: 181/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Hah... I can totally relate. I have two small kids and all the tempting food that goes with them! I have to cook two dinners at night, one for me and one for the rest of my family. My husband is thin, my kids are thin... it's my turn.

I was terribly proud of myself when we went to an amusement park and they ate their cheeseburgers and fries (a particular favorite of mine) and I was disciplined enough with my cucumbers. Whew! Hated every moment of watching them eat, but was sooo proud when I got home that night and realized I DID NOT cheat!

I'm eating things I never tried before... rhubarb is my favorite. I agree that this is easier than I thought. I hope I'm able to continue this pace week after week!
lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Don't you feel like you should get to lose extra weight just for the foods you're not eating? We went to a birthday party today and there was nice food, as well as the usual cupcakes and ice cream stuff, but I just sipped my water and waited to have my lunch in peace.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #5  
Mary weighs 130 pounds!!!

S/C/G: 230/?/130

Height: 5'5

Good Job. I just started on thursday and have been having to battles with myself. I am feeling the cravings are getting less intense everyday. We can do this!!!!
marzy7 is offline   Reply With Quote