Old 04-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #1  

Default IP Diet Day 2 - Looking for buddy , motivation and support

hello everyone,
This is Donna and I am on IP diet day 2. Surprisingly Day 1 was far better and I didn't have as many headaches but today I feel worse. I have been having constant headaches and feeling weak.
Took the IP peach and mango shake this morning and tomato basil soup for lunch.
I am feeling depressed that if I am doing it right and if I am ever going to reach my goal.
Anyone in the same boat as me.
hope2781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #2  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2781 View Post
hello everyone,
This is Donna and I am on IP diet day 2. Surprisingly Day 1 was far better and I didn't have as many headaches but today I feel worse. I have been having constant headaches and feeling weak.
I am feeling depressed that if I am doing it right and if I am ever going to reach my goal.
Good to post this on the Daily Chat thread. You will find a lot of people who have been where you are or are currently going through the process at the same time as you! Welcome to IP!

Last edited by Hiker88; 04-03-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #3  

Thanks I will move it there
Old 04-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196.3/185.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
hello everyone,
I'm on day three, Donna. I had a headache yesterday, too. Tylenol ended up knocking it back, but it seems like the general consensus is that you may need some of the sea salt they provided you.

I can tell you that a friend of mine has been on it for about four weeks and is doing very well.

Our first few days will be the hardest, but you can tell by the number of posters here, that we can get through it.
JSorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #5  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
hello everyone,
Welcome!!!

The headache can most likely be cured by a quick infusion of salt. Put some on your hand and lick it. Then drink some water.

Did your 2 C of veggies with your lunch? Also, if you are needing some protein - you can eat part of your dinner protein at lunch.

It gets better. You are suffering from the "ketosis flu". Hang in there.

I am proof that the program works. Don't look at the large goal right now, set smaller goals.

Hang in there!!
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 228

Height: 5'8

Donna
You can do it I was miserable the first four days now on day 34 I am losing weight but what is most important is I am feeling so much better. It was mentioned in a earlier post to eat salt and I agree this saved me. This is the only second time I have ever dieted in my life and this is the best tasting and healthiest I have been. Good luck
hawk2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #7  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Once you get past the first few days, it gets a lot better! You will see such positive results at your first WI, that it will be worth it!

Best of luck and make sure to check in with this forum; we are all in this together!
bluegingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:27 AM   #8  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

I am also on my 1st week here it has been tough as i am having HUGH Hungry Feelings and horrible headaches...........
Is there a like once a month starters thread that i am missing......
I guess i could start on for us that started the 1st of April
April Fantastic Loosers or something like that
AlaskaLadyie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie View Post
I am also on my 1st week here it has been tough as i am having HUGH Hungry Feelings and horrible headaches...........
Is there a like once a month starters thread that i am missing......
I guess i could start on for us that started the 1st of April
April Fantastic Loosers or something like that
There are just a couple threads that were started sometime ago based on what month someone started... But that is not really the way the site operates. I suggest you jump right in he Daily Chat, where most everyone checks in and posts. The first thread of the day is RICH with helpful links that newbies will want to read carefully.

Also, in that thread as with most others, you will get a helpful balance of viewpoints from new starters and seasoned IPers alike. I think it is important to learn from those who have been on the journey and have the most experience from which to earn. You will also be able to connect with people just starting out which can also be helpful comparing notes with someone in a similar point of IP as you are.

Also READ READ READ everything you can on here and you will learn far more than a coach will ever tell you!

Hungry - did your coach tell you you could have an extra non-restricted packet in the first weeks? And - over 200 lbs is an automatic fourth packet until you get under. Also, you can have unlimited lettuce (anything with the word lettuce... Iceberg, romain, Bibb, etc) add your daily olive oil and cider vinegar or some Walden Farms dressing. Try scrambling an egg white or two with spices. Save a half cup of veggies to use as a snack (pickles do well to halt hunger). Drink hot teas or fat free broth to curb hunger. Also be sure to weigh ALL veg and meat RAW... Eyeballing it can shortchange the amount you are eating (or give you too much).

Headache - are you adding your salt? You need it every day because you do not get enough on IP with what you are eating. For the headache, lick salt right off your hand to help the headache!

The first 4-5 days are usually rough as you are also withdrawing from your usual carb in take and entering Ketosis, which, by the way, often curbs hunger! Yay!

HANG IN THERE and join us by posting your questions in any existing thread that fits your topic.

Last edited by JLUS; 04-06-2014 at 08:00 AM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #10  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Nothing new to add to what Jlus said - she pretty much covered all the bases!

But did want to encourage all to stay the course - the first few days are killer! But once you get past that and get into the swing of things it really does become a routine and easy to follow. I've been on IP for 11 months (starting my phase off now) and have had seriously great success - take a peek at my profile to see progress pics. I seriously cringe every time I see my starting photo, but I keep it up to remind me how far I've come.

Yes, losing weight is hard and changing your eating habits is hard, but you can do it if you set your mind to it. One of my favorite motivational quotes right now (they change frequently!) is "whether you think you can or think you can't, you're probably right." Making a decision to stay OP is something you can do even if you have to do it one day, one hour, one minute, one bite at a time! You are so worth it!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #11  

Thanks for your kind words. Definitely keeps me motivated and keeps me going.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 297.6/297.6/150.0

Height: 5' 10" (70")

I found that, for me, some of the packets didn't work as well as others. Both the peach/mango drink and tomato basil soup packets were making the diet very difficult to follow. I switched to the vanilla drink and chicken noodle soup. Immediately, I felt better, didn't have the headaches, etc., and found it easier to keep to the diet. I suggest that you try other packets and find out what works for you.
toufm is offline   Reply With Quote