Old 08-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
The humidity is high today, oh well that is what I get for living in the south! Have a great day!
hey me too...South High Humidity, gosh sounds like High School.
petie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
What a day... my son (3 yrs old) was at the pool last night and took in a little bit of water, coughed... No big deal. Right??

Later, when we got home, he was still coughing a little here and there and sounded hoarse. When he went to bed, he seemed fine. He woke up around 12:30am and was warm to the touch... We were in the process of finding the thermometer when he started crying, screaming, and coughing uncontrollably. He seemed to be having trouble breathing... and we were unable to console him. When we asked if it hurt, he would scream "yes!"... We called an ambulance. Fever was 102... I was afraid he had water in his lungs and had looked up "dry drowning" and was terrified.

Ambulance came, he calmed down, and was (of course) curious to check out the ambulance. They checked him out, no sound of water in the lungs, but wheezing and pretty bad cough still. They said that he was ok and we didn't go to the ER. We gave him Advil for the fever and tried to sleep...

Today we packed up and went to pediatrician. She said it was most likely a viral infection and gave us oral steroids. We are home... I am exhausted.

I still weighed 150.0 this morning, but I already had a cup of coffee in me when I decided to weigh myself so tomorrow I might be in the 140s...

And, yes... I started the daily thread this morning because I was desperate to do something that seemed "routine" amongst the madness. But I didn't have time to write down anything that was going on earlier.
Poor baby, I hate it when they get sick. Could he have had a bad dream too? I hope you're ok too. Thanks for starting us off this morning also.
petie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #78  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
WI #6 -2.2 lbs. My coach thought I was overdue for a big whoosh, but it didn't happen, but at least I lost. She thinks, at this point that it has to be my thyroid. My doctor is out of the country, so can't get in to see her until Sept. 8th, so it may take awhile to get that figured out.

It is very important to learn to swim, no matter your age. My dad was a State Trooper and saw needless deaths, just because of not knowing how to swim. We all ( 4 kids) swam before we walked , as did my daughter. We all swam competitively too. Both my one sister and I have had rescued a child, I was on vacation and the kid fell in off the dock and the mother didn't know how to swim, so in I went with clothes on. Take lessons at your local Y, it is so freeing to know how to swim!
WOOHOO!!!!!!......2.2lbs that is great Bella, better than NOT losing at all. I am very proud of you for sticking to it though all of the struggles you are having. Hopefully once you check your thyroid it will determine what is going on with you. Keep up the great job!!!

Brummie----Wuv, your pics look great...I just noticed that you added another one! I still think you should be the IP poster child! You are a walking testimony for this diet...and so helpful and encouraging to others. (Your cousin is very lucky to have you walking beside him on this journey!). I've got to say this...I think you would make a fantastic IP coach - I would certainly love to have a coach like you!

Thanks Brummie, I have really thought about looking into becoming a coach or at least work at the place I go too. I told my coach she needed to put up a progress board, but she said a lot of her clients don't want people to know they are on a diet. So I don't know if she will or not. I am just too much into this diet I guess I just want to spread the word and show how well it works. I am just SO HAPPY!!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 08-12-2011 at 05:13 PM.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #79  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I am just SO HAPPY!!
My kind of people!!!!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #80  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

Just checking in. I hope you all are doing well, I haven't had time to catch up on the posts. We have been on the road for some days - our kids are moving from KC to Virginia and so we kept the grandkids (6.5 and 2.5) while our daughter finished packing. Our Son-in-law is already in Virginia beginning his work/school so she needed some time to herself to do the work. We took them back on Wednesday and then I came back yesterday while my wife is riding with our daughter and the grandkids across the country. So I put in 14 hours on the road the last couple of days and I definitely don't get enough water on those driving days.

At the official WI this morning I was 2.6# down and my measurements were all improved - my calculated "body age" has finally dropped a little too. I felt pretty good about staying OP the last few days as we ate out with our daughter, the kids, our son and his fiance and friends when we arrived in KC - sort of a last going away meal - the food and alcohol were tempting - they had a great IPA on tap - but I stuck with salad and my club soda with lime and sea salt.

On my unofficial scales, I'm down 35 lb's from the start, so I'm feeling pretty good. What is most amazing to me are the inches - I had to cut a new hole for my old belt that I wear when I mow the lawn or my pants would have fallen down - now that would have been interesting!

Our son is getting married in October and I will have to get a new suit for the occasion as my old suits are fitting pretty loosely now - by then I should be near or at goal and they will be falling off me. New clothes will be a small price to pay for losing this weight and likely extending my life and if not extending, making it much more enjoyable.

Have a great weekend everyone and stay strong!
kellyg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougogirl99 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I need a little help from my IP friends...

I know I shouldn't let what people say hurt my feelings or get in my head but when it's your own mother...that's easier said than done. My mom started IP last month and lost 5 lbs total. So she is frustrated but she's honest about cheating almost every day and continuing to eat ice cream, donuts and add simple sugars to every meal. When she complains, I have been just listening and only giving input when she asks for it. I don't want to come across as judgmental.

So over the last 2 weeks, she has been making snide comments like "you're losing too much weight" and "you're too skinny". I have just brushed them off and figured that those things were said out of frustration and maybe a little jealously. But this morning, was the end of the road...I went over to her house for a planned visit and she had baked brownies and had a dozen freaking donuts out on the kitchen table. Then she had the gaul to offer me some and when I said "no thank you", she sat down and started eating. She knows my weaknesses and it came across to calculating and just plain mean.

I didn't give in although Man, I wanted to. I know I'm in ketosis right now and I don't want to break it.

How am I to deal with my own Mother? Has anyone already dealt with a similar issue and if so, how did you rationalize it?
Please help.

P.S. I will never act like her toward my own daughters.

You are right it is not a good way for a mother to act.

She is trying the same plan and it is not working because she cheats. She has likely convinced herself that the plan is no good. You are succeeding because you are not cheating and that is upsetting her because it shows that it is not the plan it is her.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #82  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg53 View Post
Just checking in. I hope you all are doing well, I haven't had time to catch up on the posts. We have been on the road for some days - our kids are moving from KC to Virginia and so we kept the grandkids (6.5 and 2.5) while our daughter finished packing. Our Son-in-law is already in Virginia beginning his work/school so she needed some time to herself to do the work. We took them back on Wednesday and then I came back yesterday while my wife is riding with our daughter and the grandkids across the country. So I put in 14 hours on the road the last couple of days and I definitely don't get enough water on those driving days.

At the official WI this morning I was 2.6# down and my measurements were all improved - my calculated "body age" has finally dropped a little too. I felt pretty good about staying OP the last few days as we ate out with our daughter, the kids, our son and his fiance and friends when we arrived in KC - sort of a last going away meal - the food and alcohol were tempting - they had a great IPA on tap - but I stuck with salad and my club soda with lime and sea salt.

On my unofficial scales, I'm down 35 lb's from the start, so I'm feeling pretty good. What is most amazing to me are the inches - I had to cut a new hole for my old belt that I wear when I mow the lawn or my pants would have fallen down - now that would have been interesting!

Our son is getting married in October and I will have to get a new suit for the occasion as my old suits are fitting pretty loosely now - by then I should be near or at goal and they will be falling off me. New clothes will be a small price to pay for losing this weight and likely extending my life and if not extending, making it much more enjoyable.

Have a great weekend everyone and stay strong!
Congrats Paster K! Missed your posts the last few weeks. Happy to see you are sticking to it with your crazy schedule.
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by petie View Post
You ask the most amazing questions. My husband said the same thing when I dyed my hair blond. I think it's sweet of him to "confess" and wonderful for both of you.
You're funny. I just ask what's on my mind.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #84  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Can I ask a personal question? We are all adults here right? Sorry if not. If you are married or in a relationship does your significant other ever mention your weight loss affecting your sex life? TMI warning: My husband told me last night that it feels like he's with a totally different woman. I asked if it was a good or bad thing and he said good but weird. Like he was cheating on me with me. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I told him, "just you wait! I'm making it to goal this time baby and then you'll love what you see!"

If you think I should remove this post, let me know. I just had to ask!
It counts as exercise, right?
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #85  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
It counts as exercise, right?
Sure does in my book!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #86  
Started IP on 7/15/2011

S/C/G: 184/161/130

Height: 5ft4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
TGIF everyone.

Question, i found some new stix yesterday called Arizona, they're made with Splenda but also contain acesulfame potassium which is also an artificial sweetner, is that ok to use?

Another question: What would be the reason we wouldn't be in ketosis if we follow the program perfectly?
The acesulfame potassium is the same sweetner that's used in Mio-which my coach said was fine to use minimally and not with all my water intake, so I would think those stix would be fine.
Travel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
WI #6 -2.2 lbs. My coach thought I was overdue for a big whoosh, but it didn't happen, but at least I lost. She thinks, at this point that it has to be my thyroid. My doctor is out of the country, so can't get in to see her until Sept. 8th, so it may take awhile to get that figured out.

It is very important to learn to swim, no matter your age. My dad was a State Trooper and saw needless deaths, just because of not knowing how to swim. We all ( 4 kids) swam before we walked , as did my daughter. We all swam competitively too. Both my one sister and I have had rescued a child, I was on vacation and the kid fell in off the dock and the mother didn't know how to swim, so in I went with clothes on. Take lessons at your local Y, it is so freeing to know how to swim!
That is awesome! That is 2 really good weeks in a row. I really, really think that all that Propel was hindering you. You could very well be having a thyroid problem, but the Propel wasn't helping your cause. Hopefully if you stay off it until your appointment on the 8th, you can at least have consecutive losses, no matter what they are. I am so proud and happy for you!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Wonderful news about getting into the 50s for the first time ever! Like your weight loss dance!
I am trying to follow you and get into the 50s. I am at 163 today but my WI is on Monday..
Going out to lunch with friends today and am taking a WF packet. I have finally lost my embarassment of using it in a restaurant.
When I read that you used to be embarrassed, I thought I should share a story with you..... I pack food all the time because I travel quite a bit for work so it has been pretty standard for me to pack my food for three days on the road- you got it- six zip locks of my veggies and packets or now on phase 2, six zip locks with my meat portions, oil, salt, bottles of walden farms, you name it. On a few evenings this summer, my 15 year old nephew had late baseball games and I had to take my food on the road kinda deal for my supper. Well I got hungry and whipped out my ziplock of salad, a big bowl and put my walden farms dressing on and started munching away- I was sitting outside in a chair with people all around. It did not occur to me to be embarrassed, in fact several people said my salad looked delicious but my 13 year old daughter was mortified and wouldn't come near me the entire game. She bawled me out for days for embarrassing her!
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #89  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 199/154/145

Height: 5'8"

I want to say a big "THANK YOU" to all of you who replied to my post earlier today. It really helped me. Sometimes, when someone that influential in your life acts so inappropriately you can feel like your going crazy. I know I'm not. My hubby is fantastic and sees right through her but hearing from so many of you made my day much much better.
Thanks again.
yougogirl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #90  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougogirl99 View Post
I want to say a big "THANK YOU" to all of you who replied to my post earlier today. It really helped me. Sometimes, when someone that influential in your life acts so inappropriately you can feel like your going crazy. I know I'm not. My hubby is fantastic and sees right through her but hearing from so many of you made my day much much better.
Thanks again.
You are welcome from all of us we are all here for each other!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote