Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I was thinking about you and wondering if you had a WI yet this week? And if you stayed away from the Propel and lost again? I have been out of touch b/c of work travel and have been trying to catch up on the threads, but that is an impossible task
How did you make out with your schedule? I am sure you did fine, you are right OP all the time I weigh in tomorrow afternoon and am hoping for a loss. I am still off the Propel and have been eating the less carby of the non-restricted and more fish. I have upped my protein to the upper limit (which is alot for me) I am physically feeling less tired, so maybe I did need the extra protein. I still have not had more than 3 packets a day. We will see what tomorrow brings and go from there. I appreciate you input so very much.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

So had a little NSV and a big A-ha moment over the last couple of days, and a SV (though unofficial). I posted this in the "experienced" thread, but I thought it was worth sharing with everyone.

SV: snuck a peak at my scale this morning and saw a number I have never seen before: 149.2. I am definitely unofficially in the 140's. YIPPEE! My official WI is not until Wed, so I don't want to change my signature or anything yet. But there is no denying it, I am out of the 150's! This is also a huge milestone because it means 1). More than 20# lost 2). Less than 20# to goal 3). More than 1/2 way done with P1 and 4). The lowest weight I have ever been since I started keeping track of how much I weigh.

NSV: Someone called me skinny

A-ha moment: The past couple of days, I was traveling for work and spent a lot of time sitting around airports. If you have ever been to the Atlanta airport, you know it is like the best food court ever, on steroids. I got a salad for dinner and was feeling sorry for myself because I wanted an ice cream. Then as I was walking around the terminal, I was started thinking that if I wasn't on IP, I would have gotten the ice cream. But BECAUSE of IP I was walking around in jeans that are starting to become too big on me, I was feeling really good about myself and feeling thin and confident and liking what I saw in the mirror. If I wasn't on IP and had gotten the ice cream, I would still be 20# heavier and I wouldn't even have been able to fit into the jeans I was wearing to begin with and I would be feeling bad about myself because none of the clothes in my closet fit me anymore. That made me feel a little bit better, that and the mantra "there's always maintainence, there's always maintainence"

I just wanted to share because I think it is important for everyone, especially the new comers, to understand that WE ALL STRUGGLE. We may not struggle with the same demons, but at the end of the day, we all struggle with something and staying OP is hard for us all. And we are all tempted to stray, every. single. day. So please, don't ever feel like you are alone when you are struggling. We have all been there, in one way or another.

Techincally, this diet is not hard, it is just strict. But sometimes it is hard to be strict.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #48  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

[QUOTE=jennydoodle;3985592]WOW!!!! What an amazing quote! I LOVE IT!

This can also apply to exercise when I don't want to get out of bed to get it done.

30 minutes after getting up, I will forget how good it felt to turn off the alarm and sleep a little extra.
3 hours from then, I will be wishing I had just gotten up and done it![/QUOTE

So true, and with that, ya'll just kicked me off the couch to go running. Thanks!

Last edited by Celticgirl; 08-11-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #49  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 261 / see ticker / 155

Height: 5'6

Hey all! Congrats on all of the victories both on and off scale!

I wanted to know if anyone struggled with hunger the first month or two. And I mean real hunger not the "I want to eat" hunger. I eat lunch between 12/1 and i'm starving by 3/4PM. Also, I've been drinking plenty of water.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #50  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
So had a little NSV and a big A-ha moment over the last couple of days, and a SV (though unofficial). I posted this in the "experienced" thread, but I thought it was worth sharing with everyone.

SV: snuck a peak at my scale this morning and saw a number I have never seen before: 149.2. I am definitely unofficially in the 140's. YIPPEE! My official WI is not until Wed, so I don't want to change my signature or anything yet. But there is no denying it, I am out of the 150's! This is also a huge milestone because it means 1). More than 20# lost 2). Less than 20# to goal 3). More than 1/2 way done with P1 and 4). The lowest weight I have ever been since I started keeping track of how much I weigh.

NSV: Someone called me skinny

A-ha moment: The past couple of days, I was traveling for work and spent a lot of time sitting around airports. If you have ever been to the Atlanta airport, you know it is like the best food court ever, on steroids. I got a salad for dinner and was feeling sorry for myself because I wanted an ice cream. Then as I was walking around the terminal, I was started thinking that if I wasn't on IP, I would have gotten the ice cream. But BECAUSE of IP I was walking around in jeans that are starting to become too big on me, I was feeling really good about myself and feeling thin and confident and liking what I saw in the mirror. If I wasn't on IP and had gotten the ice cream, I would still be 20# heavier and I wouldn't even have been able to fit into the jeans I was wearing to begin with and I would be feeling bad about myself because none of the clothes in my closet fit me anymore. That made me feel a little bit better, that and the mantra "there's always maintainence, there's always maintainence"

I just wanted to share because I think it is important for everyone, especially the new comers, to understand that WE ALL STRUGGLE. We may not struggle with the same demons, but at the end of the day, we all struggle with something and staying OP is hard for us all. And we are all tempted to stray, every. single. day. So please, don't ever feel like you are alone when you are struggling. We have all been there, in one way or another.

Techincally, this diet is not hard, it is just strict. But sometimes it is hard to be strict.
Very well said, thank you!!! You keep Rocking Skinny Girl!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #51  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista7382 View Post
Hey all! Congrats on all of the victories both on and off scale!

I wanted to know if anyone struggled with hunger the first month or two. And I mean real hunger not the "I want to eat" hunger. I eat lunch between 12/1 and i'm starving by 3/4PM. Also, I've been drinking plenty of water.
split your 2 cups of veggies and eat them around that time... might help

Last edited by colley; 08-11-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 170/155/130

Height: 5'7"

Is it ok to switch up the snack time ?? I usually an IP packet an hour before bedtime, but today im SO hungry i'm going to eat my bar now rather then later !

& Jennydoodle - Congrats in the 140's !! I can't wait to be there

Last edited by lroderick; 08-11-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #53  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroderick View Post
Is it ok to switch up the snack time ?? I usually an IP packet an hour before bedtime, but today im SO hungry i'm going to eat my bar now rather then later !

I don't know if it's ok to do it but i've had half of my bar in the afternoon and the other half at night before. Or grab a couple pickles maybe.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 198/191/140

Height: 5'5"

congrats to all on the clothes being too big! People are starting to comment on how much thinner Im looking, woohoo! What I used to call my skinny clothes are getting too big for me. I have a pair of jeans that I am making my half way point goal. When I hold them up I think there is no way my body could fit in those little jeans. I tried them on the other day and although it was a real tight sqeeze and I cant wear them comfortably yet, I did manage to get them on! My goal is 140, it used to seem like an impossible feat, but now I feel like I can actually get there. IP is not an easy journey but it sure is worth the effort.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroderick View Post

Yes, it is fine to switch up your snack. I always eat my snack in the afternoon, that is when I am hungriest for it

Thanks! In some ways it feels like it took forever to get here, and sometimes I can't believe how in 2 short months I lost 20#.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #56  

Height: 5'4"

My hubby just made me laugh. I said something about almost being halfway done and he said, "you can't lose 35 more pounds or I won't have anything to grab." I think secretly he was saying, "you can't lose 35 more pounds because I am tired of the men at work commenting on how you look." Gotta love him!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #57  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I don't know if it's ok to do it but i've had half of my bar in the afternoon and the other half at night before. Or grab a couple pickles maybe.
Y'all should try to eat your restricted for breakfast or lunch like that you have enough time to burn that off instead of staying on your tummy all night. I have my restricted for breakfast so I have all day to burn it off.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #58  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticgirl View Post
Good Morning. Tomorrow is the big day...GEAUX SAINTS!

It's the first preseason game and I am slated to work from 5:30am to midnight. Amazing the tailgaters here in Nawlins get up before the crack of dawn to start partying.
WHO DAT!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #59  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
WHO DAT!

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #60  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!

Ouch!! I'm from BOSTON!! Heehee!! Enjoy the game!!!
Closed Thread