Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Hi everyone! I haven't visited this site in a few months. I really don't know why; it helped me so much when I'd visit every day. But I'm back! I have loyally stayed on plan, and I'm so close to my goal I can taste it! I started on March 20th and I'm about 13lbs away. I wonder if I'll even make it to my goal - not because I don't think I can, but rather because I don't know if it will be healthy for me.

For the past few weeks, I've been really nickle-and-diming the weight loss, and I don't know why. I've only been losing about 1.5lbs/week. I'm happy it's still a loss, but when it goes on for about 2 months straight, I sometimes feel discouraged. At the same time though, I wonder if it's because I'm so close? I also noticed that for the past 2 weeks, I have become exceedingly hungry. I've had to add a protein or 2 a day in order to curb my hunger!! I like to tell myself that it's because my body's running out of its fat reserves and is needing to get energy elsewhere.

On another note: I've joined the Y! I go 3 times a week for at least an hour, doing lots of cardio and some light weights. I LOVE the energy I've had since I started, and I just keep feeling better about myself.

Anyway, it's so great to see everyone here. Lots of new faces (welcome!! even if you've been here for a while ), and old faces (missed you guys!!).
Yay! Welcome back! I'm new. You have had wonderful success, congrats!!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
I WISH I COULD 'LIKE' THIS POST!!!! LIKE, LIKE, LIKE!
like, like, tooo! PHEW! Glad she didn't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Gal View Post
It's only 1:00 in the afternoon here and already today has been rough. I had my WI today and I've only lost .5 lbs and 3 inches. That's WAY under what I've been losing. My coach wasn't overly concerned...she thinks that because of my TOM being so messed up lately that it might be affecting my weight loss for a little bit. And also, this was the first week I'd had a restricted once a day, so she thinks it's just my body re-adjusting to having higher carbs.

Then for about 1/2 hour things were better when I finally decided to buy new jeans and shirt for the Twins Game tonight with that guy. But then my mom called and told me that my dog (that lived with her) died . He was old...almost 16 years old and we've had him almost 10, but still it was unexpected. He was at the groomers and just collapsed. They rushed him to the vet but it was too late. He was such a sweet, funny, spunky little guy, even in his old age. I haven't seen him for over a month and it's hard to think that I won't get to again.

I am sometimes an emotional eater, but I stayed on plan by having one of my bars...even though earlier I said I was going to go back to having a restricted item only once or twice a week. But at least I "splurged" with an IP food and it wasn't an extra one or anything.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing better.
I am so sorry for your loss. I've been there, harder than a human family member. Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
My husband and I went away this weekend so it was restaurant eating only....I still managed to stay 99.5% OP, though. I still had my IP food and at lunch ate a salad and had a regular dinner. We were at the ocean so it was lots of grilled/broiled fish. I can't believe that I didn't break down once. I was craving ice cream but instead went for a walk with a bottle of water.

I think I lost 3 pounds while away for 3 days....I am shocked by this plan and sooooooooooooooooo happy to be on it. I've been doing this for 3.5 weeks and am down about 18 pounds.
That is wonderful that you survived the getaway, you must be proud! What an amazing loss in just 3.5 weeks!

Off to make miracle noodles, chicken and bok choy, the rain the past 2 days here has been crazy! I wonder if I can count that in my water consumption!

Last edited by leganegan; 08-10-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
But then my mom called and told me that my dog (that lived with her) died . He was old...almost 16 years old and we've had him almost 10, but still it was unexpected. He was at the groomers and just collapsed. They rushed him to the vet but it was too late. He was such a sweet, funny, spunky little guy, even in his old age. I haven't seen him for over a month and it's hard to think that I won't get to again.

I am sometimes an emotional eater, but I stayed on plan by having one of my bars...even though earlier I said I was going to go back to having a restricted item only once or twice a week. But at least I "splurged" with an IP food and it wasn't an extra one or anything.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. It sounds like he had a long, loved life. I'm proud of you for not resorting to food...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
HEY HEY HEY!!!.....Sorry I am super hyper today for some reason...lol.....Happy to report I am down 3 more lbs and 2.5 inches!! My cousin had his appointment this morning so he will be starting tomorrow. We went grocery shopping for things to get him started. He is at 264 and wants to get to 188. I do believe he will get it done because I will be like white on rice with him to stick to it!!!
Good job on the 3 pounds!!! That is totally something to be hyper about. AND good job helping get your cousin whipped into shape. You keep on him and then you can feel good about changing your life AND someone else's!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Still no women....ALL men that are noticing!
Me too! I think that women have a natural inclination towards jealousy when they see other women losing weight, and don't say anything, or think that it might be a touchy subject, whereas when men notice they say something. I don't even think it is conscious, but I have gotten compliments from all men too. Women have even been slightly discouraging sometimes, like they can't help it. (I am not including family and close friends here... OR of course my 3FC gang )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I have a couple salmon questions for those of you who eat it. How do you make it? My hubby has always made it in tin foil on the grill with margarine and lemon pepper. It's yummy! I had it once while on this plan and he used EVOO instead of butter and then still used lemon pepper. Our grill started on fire and we haven't been able to replace it yet so it will have to be made in the oven this time. Should I broil it or still wrap it in foil and make it just as on the grill? I remember hearing a couple people saying they gained a little the day after salmon but what is the reason? I don't want a gain tomorrow that's for sure!
I have salmon several times a week and personally I don't feel like it has slowed my weight loss. It is so healthy, and some of the other meats on the list are fattier... so until it start affecting my loss I will continue eating it.
I LOVE to prepare mine with a olive oil, garlic, and seasonings (salt, pepper, lemon, onion powder, celery salt). Then I just bake it on 350 for about 20 minutes. It turns out perfect in my oven every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
I just realized!!!! Yay!!! I've lost over ten pounds so now I get to buy my reward. Every ten pounds I buy a bangle. I started that when I was losing on Atkins in about 2002 and I eventually had five of them. Now I'm switching to silver bangles by a local silversmith and I hope to get 8 of them eventually.

I never took them off and it was so motivating to always see my bangle and know what it meant and to see them increase. I can't wait to go buy my first IP one.
We want bangle pictures!!! I still love this idea and may steal it. I would have some catching up to do if I did though...

Last edited by Princess Jessica; 08-10-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #79  
Started IP on 7/15/2011

S/C/G: 184/161/130

Height: 5ft4in

Default Thanks Everyone

Thank you all for the support. It really means a lot.

Here's a picture of Scamp, taken not too long ago.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #80  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

What a cutie!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:

So sorry for your loss. He certainly was well named; so cute and looks just like a scamp. You will miss him terribly.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #82  

Quote:

Aw, Scamp is so precious!!!! This made me cry and look at photos of Shortcake, my childhood Yorkie, I mentioned we lost. My one and only dog. We loss her to a blood cancer...

Thoughts are with you and your mom.
Here's Shortcake. Yorkies are the best! I hope Scamp and Shorty are playing together as we type!

Last edited by leganegan; 08-30-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #83  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Oh he's so cute. It's so sad when we lose a beloved pet. All you can do is be happy that he had a good home and a happy life.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

Default New

Hi I'm new to this thread and am looking at starting the IP diet. I have PCOS and would love to get down to my ideal weight and love to be able to conceive. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what supplements you are using?
Old 08-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #85  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

I use the multivitamin, potassium calcium and cal-mag supplements from IP
Old 08-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
I use the multivitamin, potassium calcium and cal-mag supplements from IP
Don't forget the Omega 3 (fish oil).
Old 08-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #87  

Had a pretty good day today. First official WI after 2 weeks, 2 days OP. I lost 6.5lbs and 6 inches! I'm really excited that it's been working, even though these last 2 weeks have been a bit troublesome getting adjusted. I hope the motivations stays on, b/c I have a bunch of lbs to lose.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Quote:
It's only 1:00 in the afternoon here and already today has been rough. I had my WI today and I've only lost .5 lbs and 3 inches. That's WAY under what I've been losing. My coach wasn't overly concerned...she thinks that because of my TOM being so messed up lately that it might be affecting my weight loss for a little bit. And also, this was the first week I'd had a restricted once a day, so she thinks it's just my body re-adjusting to having higher carbs.

Then for about 1/2 hour things were better when I finally decided to buy new jeans and shirt for the Twins Game tonight with that guy. But then my mom called and told me that my dog (that lived with her) died . He was old...almost 16 years old and we've had him almost 10, but still it was unexpected. He was at the groomers and just collapsed. They rushed him to the vet but it was too late. He was such a sweet, funny, spunky little guy, even in his old age. I haven't seen him for over a month and it's hard to think that I won't get to again.

I feel for you. My beautiful yellow lab has bone cancer in her shoulder real bad and she only has a few days left. She is still with it and wants to be here but I don't think I can let her be in such pain. She loves to swim so we are going to take her to the lake this weekend and then probably put her down Monday evening. At least I have had some time to accept it. I am so sorry for your loss. Stay strong and you will get through this
Old 08-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
HEY HEY HEY!!!.....Sorry I am super hyper today for some reason...lol.....Happy to report I am down 3 more lbs and 2.5 inches!! My cousin had his appointment this morning so he will be starting tomorrow. We went grocery shopping for things to get him started. He is at 264 and wants to get to 188. I do believe he will get it done because I will be like white on rice with him to stick to it!!!
That is great! He will be just fine with your help. Your new pic is beautiful!! Look at you!!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #90  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Only down 1.2 lb which is disappointing for week 2. But hey better than gaining right? Down 4 inches as well. Looking forward to another great week with no temptations to cheat. I am SO determined to get the weight off.
Closed Thread