Old 08-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Default Couple more questions

Phase 3 Carbs - is there any reason the insulin spike has to be in the morning? Can the breakfast-style meal be eaten at another meal? I ask because I am enjoying the grab-n-go breakfast but have more time other meals to make a more thought out meal. Just wasn't sure of the logic behind the morning . ..

Alternative Non Restricted Bar? I will be on the go a lot soon and like to have protein bars in my purse but since I can only have 1 / day on IP, I am wondering if anyone has found another bar or other solid food alternative that you can keep in your car and not have to deal with the powder packets (I have walked out of my car looking like I rolled on chalk after attempting the make the shake in an "emergency" in the car). I just want a convenient back up that is akin to the shakes nutritionally (rather than a restricted). Thoughts?
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 159/150/129

Height: 5'2

THE RTD shakes and puddings are great car alternatives
I stow them in a zip loc with an ice pack....

An insulated lunch bag with a small childs bruise pack works great for veggies and lunch meats and egg whites

I also pre make an iced coffee/cap shake put it in the freezer and leave it in the car to melt...mmmmm....
Thefireresides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
Phase 3 Carbs - is there any reason the insulin spike has to be in the morning? Can the breakfast-style meal be eaten at another meal? I ask because I am enjoying the grab-n-go breakfast but have more time other meals to make a more thought out meal. Just wasn't sure of the logic behind the morning . ..
This is confusing to me too, especially considering the fact that in Phase 4 the evening meal is heavy on carbs... I hope somebody can shed some light on this...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #4  

I know, right?! And, if I recall properly, the book states that carbs are best at night to be metabolized by the body for use the next morning . . .

As for the snacks, I kinda mean a whole box of something i can leave in the car just in case . . . an "emergency" stash so to speak, in case I cannot make a shake, bring a pack, etc. Sometimes I just don't have the extra hands either . . . I have little ones and all their stuff to tote along too! I would love bar solution!
Old 08-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #5  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

You have the huge spike in the morning so it gives your body time to burn up the insulin that is being released to bring your levels down
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Alternative Non Restricted Bar? I will be on the go a lot soon and like to have protein bars in my purse but since I can only have 1 / day on IP, I am wondering if anyone has found another bar or other solid food alternative that you can keep in your car and not have to deal with the powder packets (I have walked out of my car looking like I rolled on chalk after attempting the make the shake in an "emergency" in the car). I just want a convenient back up that is akin to the shakes nutritionally (rather than a restricted). Thoughts?
Yes, huge reason. Very detailed Phase 3 sheet (6 pages).
petie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #7  

Obviously I didn't get that. I merely received a 1 page sheet very similar in appearance to my Phase 1 and Phase 2. I went ahead and looked at the Phases sticky seeking the 6 page handout and, to be honest, I don't see where it described why the meal must be breakfast. It merely states that it must but not why. I get the principle by only having one meal with carbs . . . that is explained, the fact that it is at breakfast is not so clear and I still find it confusing in light of the info in the book re when it is best to eat carbs.

Anyone else have thoughts? I have my WI tomorrow, so I will ask for clarification then, too!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Obviously I didn't get that. I merely received a 1 page sheet very similar in appearance to my Phase 1 and Phase 2. I went ahead and looked at the Phases sticky seeking the 6 page handout and, to be honest, I don't see where it described why the meal must be breakfast. It merely states that it must but not why. I get the principle by only having one meal with carbs . . . that is explained, the fact that it is at breakfast is not so clear and I still find it confusing in light of the info in the book re when it is best to eat carbs.

Anyone else have thoughts? I have my WI tomorrow, so I will ask for clarification then, too!
Well if you've read it and can't figure out why, I'll never be able to decipher it. Just do it at breakfast cause Mom said so.
petie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #9  

Lol. When all else fails, "because I said so" is a reasonable reason =)