Old 08-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Thumbs up Nutritional issues

Before I started IP, I was a junkie (and still am!) for information surrounding health and nutrition. The corruption of the food industry has helped to fuel alot of our problems with obesity and diabetes.

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone is interested in sharing in a thread about resources for making optimum choices? Not to dictate but to open ideas up. For example some justify the reasons for not eating dairy, or grains. Eating organic?

Resources to share?
Discussion?
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

I would definitely be interested in the resources although I don't have any to share right off the bat - though I could chime in on the thread in the future if I had something to add.
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

I guess my artificial intake post would have been suitable here as wel
wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:19 AM   #4  
Freedom from Food

I learned alot from Marion Nestle's book, called "What to Eat". She is no hype and no nonsense with alot of direct and helpful information.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

I, too, and very interested in the topic and sometimes am overwhelmed by the information at times. I'd love to see what info people have. That said, what i find my greatest difficulty is the time and resources ($$$$) to feed my famly per the guidelines set forth. $7 / gallon organic milk, $12 / lb free range organic chicken, $5 / loaf Ezekiel Bread, etc. Even with all that information it is not practical for us to follow through in purchasing all of that. I am learning to make the best choices I can, when I can and now trying to grow / make more!
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #6  
Freedom from Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by coliep View Post
I, too, and very interested in the topic and sometimes am overwhelmed by the information at times. I'd love to see what info people have. That said, what i find my greatest difficulty is the time and resources ($$$$) to feed my famly per the guidelines set forth. $7 / gallon organic milk, $12 / lb free range organic chicken, $5 / loaf Ezekiel Bread, etc. Even with all that information it is not practical for us to follow through in purchasing all of that. I am learning to make the best choices I can, when I can and now trying to grow / make more!
Yes, I KNOW...it is a struggle; I do believe we pay more for the better choices now or pay more at the doctor later! LOL! I think there are certain things you just have to pay for organic like broccoli, strawberries, eggs. From what I've been taught and read, milk isn't a choice we should make anyway especially for kids. I know...can be shocking, but if you research it, you'll find that information. There are better absorbable forms of calcium, we are the only mammals who feed our young milk after weaning. Nature had a better idea in mind.

I wish it would be more mainstream and prices would drop! Right now it's only housing prices dropping...ugh...