Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #46  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I can't find any good asparagus either! The last batch I bought I barely could eat any of it so I've just passed on it lately.

I can't believe your dog likes peppers! That's hularious.
she hears me cutting a pepper up and comes running... she also gets green beans with her supper, she will eat cucumbers, kohlrabi, kale chips, peas, broccoli and cauliflower but not Lettuce... doesn't like it. She also eats pureed pumpkin when she has gained a little too much... she is like me tend to gain weight when we sit through the long winter...
So my quest this week is asparagus
Thanks colley will have to try costco (though I try to avoid it as much as I can)...
Jordanna - thanks for the idea for the stall, I might have to do that as I have tried the bootcamp before and went back to my normal diet eating afterward and was stalled again...
Thanks again everyone for your help and support.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #47  
Started IP on 7/15/2011

S/C/G: 184/161/130

Height: 5ft4in

Smile Post-date update and other stuff

Hello all,

OOh, so I had my date last night. Let me tell you, it was a great time. I enjoyed his company and was laughing a lot. We are actually meeting up tomorrow night to go to a Twins game...and I have to admit I'm kind of excited to see him again. I'm looking at this as a good opportunity to just go on dates and have fun and not have any pressure. I've discovered that if there's pressure of any kind....I freak. I wore a black dress last night...and discovered I should probably have it taken in!!! It was a little baggy on me so I was experiencing with cinching it in the back..and dang, I looked good (sorry, don't mean to brag). I didn't keep it cinched, but I think that's the first thing I'm going to have altered when I get to my goal weight.

My weigh in is tomorrow, but I feel like this week has been harder for some reason...like I haven't lost much. I don't do weigh ins myself so it might just be my mind playing tricks on me since I don't know my current weight, but it's just one of those feelings, ya know? Hopefully I'm just worrying over nothing. I haven't had a restricted item for the last couple days and I'm going to try to not to today and see if that helps. I'm about 4.5 weeks in and this is the first week I've had a restricted item more than once a week....do you think it is because of that?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #48  
Started IP on 7/15/2011

S/C/G: 184/161/130

Height: 5ft4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKinMN View Post
Good afternoon fellow IPers!

WI 4 today... was down another 3.3 and I am out of the 160's!!!!!! I guess having rhubarb and zuccini while DH has ice cream every night is paying off! I dont know which I was happier about, the weight loss or getting to update my signature...lol.

Only major down side to the diet is the constipation and havoc its playing with my TOM...they are killers! Will try to increase my water and veggies this week and walk an hour a day to see if I can atleast get the constipation under control. I am beginning to feel like a 90 year old all focused on my bowels...lol.

Congrats on all the losses so far this week...for those who are struggling hang in there, it works, and I personally have NEVER lost 12 lbs in a month doing anything else!
I feel your pain about TOM...i feel like I've had mine since I started! I finally officially asked my coach (I hadn't said anything to her prior) and she reassured me that this happens to a lot of people on IP, as evidence in 3fc as well. At least we're not alone!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #49  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Gal View Post
Hello all,

OOh, so I had my date last night. Let me tell you, it was a great time. I enjoyed his company and was laughing a lot. We are actually meeting up tomorrow night to go to a Twins game...and I have to admit I'm kind of excited to see him again. I'm looking at this as a good opportunity to just go on dates and have fun and not have any pressure. I've discovered that if there's pressure of any kind....I freak. I wore a black dress last night...and discovered I should probably have it taken in!!! It was a little baggy on me so I was experiencing with cinching it in the back..and dang, I looked good (sorry, don't mean to brag). I didn't keep it cinched, but I think that's the first thing I'm going to have altered when I get to my goal weight.

My weigh in is tomorrow, but I feel like this week has been harder for some reason...like I haven't lost much. I don't do weigh ins myself so it might just be my mind playing tricks on me since I don't know my current weight, but it's just one of those feelings, ya know? Hopefully I'm just worrying over nothing. I haven't had a restricted item for the last couple days and I'm going to try to not to today and see if that helps. I'm about 4.5 weeks in and this is the first week I've had a restricted item more than once a week....do you think it is because of that?

Have a blast at the Twins game!!! Hope you bring them some positive mojo.......they need it.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Sorry for TMI... I am so excited!! My TOM has been totaly abnormal for the last 3 years (PCOS) and this is the first time I have had a normal one in about 2 years!! It came and went in 5 days!! I had problems with it lasting for up to a month straight and then would have to go get something from Dr. to make it stop. I am amazed daily at what this diet does.

I also went through my fall clothes last night and had to get rid of all my jeans. Time to go to the back of the closet and go shopping I guess

I ordered a beginner Callanetics DVD from Amazon to start the toning. I just can't find the time to get to the gym with it being 25 miles from home. I think between the treadmill and Callanetics I should be able to ward off some of the loose skin. I am afraid of the loose skin the most I think. I think it would bother me a lot after all the hard work it will take to get all this weight off. I would love to do Pilates at a studio but again everything is 20-25 miles from where I live. Oh well. Such is life I guess.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day
Old 08-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Gal View Post
Hello all,

Omg girl, are you serious??? BRAG BABY, I love it. I'm happy for you too. Some weeks when I was afraid to weigh....I'd lost a lot.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

This diet is a lot harder when you have to stay home with your kids for several days alone. lol
my daycare is closed, so I decided to use some vacation time to hang out with them. All I want to do is eat! I know it is merely boredom & stress, but I'm having trouble getting past it today. Yesterday I took the kids to the pool as a distraction. Raining today, so we can't play outside or go to the park. I already ate a restricted for lunch thinking that would help, but it didn't. I'm going to float away from all the water I'm drinking.
I keep reminding myself that tomorrow is WI and don't mess it up! Think pre-TOM is a factor as well, cuz I'm just plain crabby & whiny too!
Pickles - here I come.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #53  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 261 / see ticker / 155

Height: 5'6

GL on your weigh in tomorrow Wuv!

Question: If you have a restricted during the day do you not have your lunch packet or do you add a packet?

Typically I do shake for breakfast, soup for lunch (plus veggies), protein/veggie dinner, and bar at night.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #54  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista7382 View Post
GL on your weigh in tomorrow Wuv!

Question: If you have a restricted during the day do you not have your lunch packet or do you add a packet?

Typically I do shake for breakfast, soup for lunch (plus veggies), protein/veggie dinner, and bar at night.
I have oatmeal or a bar for breakfast
pudding or make it into a drink for lunch/veggies
8oz protein for supper /veggies
and a pudding for snack.

I always eat my restricted for breakfast
Old 08-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 175.2/170.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Whoever came up with Big Mac in a bowl....THANK YOU so very much!!!
I will be making this one again soon!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Bellamack , you and I are so much alike! I lost last week so I am on my STALL week, not much movement on the scale. I weigh in tomorrow morning so I will let you know the result of my 8 day week. My only hope is that next week will show a loss.
Sandy,
I am getting frustrated with this, at least when you lose, you lose big! I am going to finish the month of Aug with IP and if it is still slow I am switching to alternatives, because the cost is so high.... and I have alot to lose. The people on here using alternatives seem to have good luck, I just get scared, YIKES. I hope the WI tomorrow tricks you and you have a decent loss.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Sandy,
I am getting frustrated with this, at least when you lose, you lose big! I am going to finish the month of Aug with IP and if it is still slow I am switching to alternatives, because the cost is so high.... and I have alot to lose. The people on here using alternatives seem to have good luck, I just get scared, YIKES. I hope the WI tomorrow tricks you and you have a decent loss.
Thanks Bellamack! I was so hungry today that I was eating celery this afternoon! I had tipapia and zuchinni and mushrooms slices for supper.
I lucked out and my Biggest Loser money came today so I can afford my IP packs. This is expensive but I worry about using alternatives too. Good luck on your weigh in this week too.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:21 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Sandy,
Bellamack there is a theory that we have set points; weights that we stayed at for a while when gaining and thus when we try to lose we stay at those weight for a long time before losing. So in the past few years where you at your current weight for a while?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelearth View Post
Bellamack there is a theory that we have set points; weights that we stayed at for a while when gaining and thus when we try to lose we stay at those weight for a long time before losing. So in the past few years where you at your current weight for a while?
No and that is what scares me! lol. I was expecting to sail along until about 167 lbs. the weight I was for several yrs. before the thyroid went crazy and I shot up to the 195+/- in a very short period of time. I was expecting a plateau at 167 & 154, at this point, I feel like I may never see either one of them. lol. My husband thinks it is because it's too few calories and I am really quite muscular. I know at my weight that is hard to believe, but a friend of mine thinks I weigh what she does 150 lbs, so I don't ever fess up to how much I really weigh. Don't rat me out! lol

I roasted aspargus last night and it was very "woody" too. It must be the end of the season, because up until that bunch it had been delish
Old 08-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
she hears me cutting a pepper up and comes running... she also gets green beans with her supper, she will eat cucumbers, kohlrabi, kale chips, peas, broccoli and cauliflower but not Lettuce... doesn't like it. She also eats pureed pumpkin when she has gained a little too much... she is like me tend to gain weight when we sit through the long winter...
So my quest this week is asparagus
Thanks colley will have to try costco (though I try to avoid it as much as I can)...
Jordanna - thanks for the idea for the stall, I might have to do that as I have tried the bootcamp before and went back to my normal diet eating afterward and was stalled again...
Thanks again everyone for your help and support.

A vegetarian dog!!! That's funny, what breed is she? Your post reminded me that we used to give our old cat pureed pumpkin when she was a kitten but I can't remember why.

I'm a little curious about broccoli. You said you dropped that from your plan earlier, I thought it was one of the lower carb veggies???
Closed Thread