Old 08-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/what it is/135

Height: 5'6

Default vegetables **sigh**

4 cups of veggies total per day. i'm getting tired of broccoli. and cauliflower. and asparagus. love mushrooms but at every meal it gets boring.

would y'all please share some different veggie recipes? or if there's a link to another thread about this already please let me know. thx!
elsilrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/188/125

Height: 5'2"

I slice zucchini and drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil and season to taste then lay them directly on the grill. They are delicious that way. I also bring 2 cups of raw spinach with me in the mornings to work with a drizzle of EVOO on top and sea salt then I microwave at lunch and add it to my soup. It's really good.
loriab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158.8/152.8/130

Height: 5'5

I make zuchiniin pancakes.
Peel the zuchinni and grade it with a cheese grader, etc. Mix with an egg white and desired spices. Then spray the skillet and cook them! these are great at dinner with a little sea salt and your meat. it makes me feel like I am eating a carb - like a roll or something and I feel full!

Also, I make zuchinni salad-- peel zuchinni then use the peeler to make long thin noodle like pieces. refridgerate (its best cold) and add a low sodium soy sauce! Its a great raw zuchinni salad that almost feels like you are eating at an asian restaurant!

also you can "rice" cauliflower buy cooking it then using your processor -- this give you a feeling of rice and you can stir fry or pour your soup over as a gravy with, etc...

Last edited by AuburnKate; 08-09-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: left something out
AuburnKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #4  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnKate View Post
Peel the zuchinni and grade it with a cheese grader, etc. Mix with an egg white and desired spices. Then spray the skillet and cook them! these are great at dinner with a little sea salt and your meat. it makes me feel like I am eating a carb - like a roll or something and I feel full!
I LOVE zucchini!!! Thanks for that recipe!!!Would you mind sharing what kind of spices you use?

Last edited by disgal; 08-09-2011 at 05:54 PM.
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 146/136/126

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:

Also, I make zuchinni salad-- peel zuchinni then use the peeler to make long thin noodle like pieces. refridgerate (its best cold) and add a low sodium soy sauce! Its a great raw zuchinni salad that almost feels like you are eating at an asian restaurant!

also you can "rice" cauliflower buy cooking it then using your processor -- this give you a feeling of rice and you can stir fry or pour your soup over as a gravy with, etc...
WOW, so glad I read this thread. I love zucchini and eat it daily but it's getting a bit old. I love the zucchini pancake idea. I'll try the soy sauce too.

Thanks!
Emmy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/what it is/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:

oooh i like these!! thank you. gonna copy/paste them now lol!!
elsilrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 158.8/152.8/130

Height: 5'5

zuchinni pancakes- i am kindof boring - i usually just use sea salt and maybe a little garlic. I've had onions in them before which tastes good but i am not an onion fan.
So i dont have fancy spices --But i had them at lunch at thought i bet these would be good flavored - or green onions cut up in it...or maybe even a mixture of zuchinni and cauliflower... Let me know what ideas yall have!

you can also slice zuchinni and squash really thin with a mandoline and put fresh lemon juice and olive oil and cut up mint on it in the fridge for a few hours for a cold refreshing summer salad (the non IP version includes pinenuts and parmeson grated on top)
AuburnKate is offline   Reply With Quote