Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP DAILY CHAT - Mon, Aug 22

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 08-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #2  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Good morning everyone. Just weighed in at 148.0! I don't have an official WI this week, but I am going to count that one as official and move on with life.

We worked on cleaning our house all weekend long. We've got 3 giant bags (mostly "big lady" clothes and "outgrown baby clothes" to donate) as well as a lot of recycling of boxes that had been lying around. We had our handyman work on painting the ceilings of our house this weekend. Our house was built in 1956, and the ceilings hadn't been painting in at least 15 years. It looks SO much better! The great thing is that we've found that the PurpleHeart organization will come to our house and take donations. You set it up online and then put the bags outside the morning that they are in the neighborhood.

We go on vacation Wednesday and I SO need a break from work. We are headed to a star party in W. Virginia, and we are renting a small RV. I am really excited to pack all our stuff once and then have it all when we get there. My hubby is so happy that he won't have to pitch a tent.

Have a great day everyone. I will probably start the daily thread a few more times this week, but then will be MIA for about 6 days, without Internet or cell service. Ah, the thought of no cell service. YAY!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Good morning everyone. Just weighed in at 148.0! I don't have an official WI this week, but I am going to count that one as official and move on with life.

We worked on cleaning our house all weekend long. We've got 3 giant bags (mostly "big lady" clothes and "outgrown baby clothes" to donate) as well as a lot of recycling of boxes that had been lying around. We had our handyman work on painting the ceilings of our house this weekend. Our house was built in 1956, and the ceilings hadn't been painting in at least 15 years. It looks SO much better! The great thing is that we've found that the PurpleHeart organization will come to our house and take donations. You set it up online and then put the bags outside the morning that they are in the neighborhood.

We go on vacation Wednesday and I SO need a break from work. We are headed to a star party in W. Virginia, and we are renting a small RV. I am really excited to pack all our stuff once and then have it all when we get there. My hubby is so happy that he won't have to pitch a tent.

Have a great day everyone. I will probably start the daily thread a few more times this week, but then will be MIA for about 6 days, without Internet or cell service. Ah, the thought of no cell service. YAY!
Doesn't it feel great cleaning out your closets. Our local YMCA comes to your house and picks up curb side every so often too. I've been bringing all my stuff to consignment lately though so I can get some extra cash for clothes as I go down in sizes.

Have a great time on your vacation!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #4  

Yesterday I was up on the scale a tiny bit and I didn't panic. NSV for me! I was down that amount and a tiny bit more this morning probably because I didn't let it stress me out.

Had my parents over for dinner last night and my mom said she had been talking with my grandma about my diet and they were concerned because a lady they know pretty well stopped the diet not long ago and has already gained back 10 pounds. I explained the 3-5 pound gain and then the fact that maybe she didn't phase off properly or how it's possible she just felt too thin or whatever. Maybe she got done and started eating like she used to, who cares....that's not me. They know how dedicated I am and don't want something like that to happen to me. I'm not worried so I told them not to be either. (Ok, so I am just a little scared but I know what to do if it creeps up a little so I will take control.) Not to mention, I use alternatives so the cost isn't a major thing for me. If I want to continue shakes and bars when done I can. Or like my husband told them, once she's phased off she can run again (cause they all know I love running) and then she can have even more control over herself. Good to see he has complete faith in me.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I got the tar beat out of me on the mini golf course Saturday. 92! Who gets a 92 on an 18 hole mini golf course? Just goes to show we need to do it more often!

I'm wearing some capris I should not be today. They are falling off bad. They are another fave oldie so I thought I had to get them in one more time since it's suppose to be blazing hot this week again. Not a good idea.

Have a great Monday!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, WI#3 today and i'm dreading it...the scale started to move a little bit on saturday but this morning, i weight 2lbs more than yesterday, how could that be! For me, i like to weight myself as i hate surprises and like to know how much i'm down (or up) before i go to WI. Hopefully next week will be better. I figured that even if i go up or no loss for a week, down the line it all evens out.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning, WI#3 today and i'm dreading it...the scale started to move a little bit on saturday but this morning, i weight 2lbs more than yesterday, how could that be! For me, i like to weight myself as i hate surprises and like to know how much i'm down (or up) before i go to WI. Hopefully next week will be better. I figured that even if i go up or no loss for a week, down the line it all evens out.
You've had 2 huge losses so maybe your body is just trying to catch up. You may be surprised and have a loss but if not, it deff will even out with your first 2 weeks.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on 148 pxl! You are almost there. You are an inspiration!

I have now reached my pre-pregnancy weight and find that all my fat has shifted in the 4 intervening years. I suppose that's normal after giving birth, but I can't say I like it. I never had a big belly at 180 before and now I do. The most disturbing thing is that I was a 36C before, and now I'm a 36DD - same weight. I thought they were supposed to go back after pregnancy. Will they disappear in the next 20 lbs?
Old 08-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Made delish wings last night and Joe grilled them. I thought I'd share....

20 chicken drummets marinated in olive oil, onion powder, Mrs. Dash Garlic Herb seasoning, Salt and pepper, 4+ cloves of garlic,(I want to add more next time and tbsp of lime juice. A sprinkle of paprika, mix everything with chicken in zip lock and grill 20-25 mins. I stayed away from the skin. Joe sucked the bones dry. Tonight I will be making sea scallops.
So NSV… today I tried on a pair of khaki long shorts from Ann Taylor Loft in a size 8… and they fit! They used to be too snug to button, it hurt! Woohoo. (I’ve been wearing size 12 denim shorts from there this summer).
Doesn’t it just seem link overnight you can fit into things better? I’ve been reading about everyone’s clothes getting big, wishing I was experiencing that… FINALLY! My clothing options will seem link a bigger selection now.
Everyone stay on plan; don’t get discouraged, your body changes A LOT within a week. Try to just weigh yourself at weigh in!
Weight
Old 08-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Good Morning Everyone,

It is a beautiful day here in Upstate NY. Cleaning and doing bedding

I picked up a couple of packs of the broccoli cheddar soup this week, as my coach finally had some in stock. I remember, maybe 2Ride having some good ideas for it. If I get time, I will go back through some old posts. If anyone remembers off-hand what the recipes were, would you mind posting here? thanks
Sewing this afternoon ")
Old 08-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #10  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Congrats on 148 pxl! You are almost there. You are an inspiration!

I have now reached my pre-pregnancy weight and find that all my fat has shifted in the 4 intervening years. I suppose that's normal after giving birth, but I can't say I like it. I never had a big belly at 180 before and now I do. The most disturbing thing is that I was a 36C before, and now I'm a 36DD - same weight. I thought they were supposed to go back after pregnancy. Will they disappear in the next 20 lbs?
Thanks!!

It will depend on your body. People lose very different in the bust area. I've found that I have not lost much in terms of cup size, but the band size went from 40 to 34... If you were a C-cup before, my guess is that you will see some shrinkage.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #11  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations Pxl on the awesome WI!

Leganegan I am going to have to try those wings, they sound delish. How long did you marinate them for?

I had a NSV today, I put on my favorite blouse that I really should have quit wearing 20lbs ago, and not only did it fit way better, the arms that were snug before were actually loose!

Last edited by JodiM; 08-22-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #12  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good morning..its another yucky day here in Port Hardy..been watching the news today..really sad about Jack Layton's death after his battle with cancer..61 is a young age to die at..seeing stuff like this reminds me how much more we just have to keep on taking care of ourselves better..

Well, the scale went up a pound and a half..but since i find it hard to believe that i have eaten over 4000 calories yesterday, im going to take that as a "ive put on some water retention from too much salt yesterday"....I dont know what was wrong with me.. i just had mad cravings for salt yesterday..and now i have a craving for mustard again..some people crave sweets..but since being in ketosis its been about craving meat and mustard strange hey?

Pauly Im a mom and i found that i went from a DD 48 down to a D48 post pregnancy..and now im down to a B 42..ive only lost 22 pounds but my cup and band size have both shrunk..so fear not..it will happen..i think some people just lose it in different places..Unfortunately its the first place i lose it..and my stomach is the last place, which makes me look like ive got tiny boobs and a huge stomach! Though i can say with some success, that it has shrunk considerably

Have i mentioned that im not looking forward to TOM? I know he is around the corner somewhere...and it sucks.. i hate gaining water weight even though i drink litres and litres of water throughout the day..better cut back even more so on the salt.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Good morning, all! I finally caught up on the weekend thread. Looks like a lot of people had some big successes. Congrats!

On bra size - I was a 34A until I had kids (while nursing a 40DD!), but I settled into a 36C. Now that I'm losing, I know I could probably go down to a 34B. I just haven't taken the time to go get measured and buy new, but I know I need to get lots of new underthings! I'm really hoping I stay where I am bust-wise.

My mother is visiting all this week, and my sister has requested that she make some family favorites! She is a tremendous cook, and her buns are infamous. I'm going to freeze a bunch for when I'm in maintenance, but the caramel rolls are going to be very difficult to resist! My sister's new boyfriend is coming over for dinner tomorrow so we can all meet him for the 1st time, so it will be a huge family meal. I think I talked them out of homemade pizza and into a roast with roasted carrots (and potatoes & gravy for the others).

My size 14 jeans are all feeling really loose in the waist & thighs - hips still need to catch up a bit before I can go down to a 12. I'm on my last pair of work pants. I don't think I'll be able to wear them after next week!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #14  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

It is a beautiful day here in Upstate NY. Cleaning and doing bedding

I picked up a couple of packs of the broccoli cheddar soup this week, as my coach finally had some in stock. I remember, maybe 2Ride having some good ideas for it. If I get time, I will go back through some old posts. If anyone remembers off-hand what the recipes were, would you mind posting here? thanks
Sewing this afternoon ")
My absolute favorite... I use the soup as a sauce. I make steamed cauliflower or broccoli and put the sauce over top, tastes just about as good as the old fatty cheesy cauliflower. I basically use the sauce on anything that cheese was on before. Over asparagus is good too. One of the things I haven't tried yet that would be good is, pound a chicken breast flat and roll basil or cilantro leaves up in it, brown and then put in the oven with the cheese sauce over top and cook until done. I also want to try baking kohlrabi and onions with the cheese sauce... kind of like scallopped potatoes. My thing is that is using up my snack pack for supper and even though I know I would be full I always like my little snack afterward.

You are so awesome Pxlkitty, thank you for starting the thread. and Your weight loss is awesome... (need a new word) Have a great (awesome) vacation look forward to hearing how it went.

Good morning everyone, hope everyone had a great weekend. I just loved it, it finally hit 30 celcius this weekend and I loved it. This is the first weekend all summer it hasn't been cloudy, cold, raining etc... I spent a lot of time outside just enjoying the weather. I have WI # 27 today, doesn't feel like I lost anything this week but I could always surprise myself. Since last week was my big loss I am thinking it will be another 2 weeks smaller loses but Iam still losing and that is what counts.

I was so energized by the sun this weekend, I was refreshed to come to work today... Now I am sitting in my office freezing so may have to take a walk outside... just to warm up.
Have a great day.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #15  

Just got back from vacation and feel pretty positive. I brought my IP food with me,out of the 21 packs for 1 week, I brought 6 home. I knew I wasn't going to be able to stick with the diet 100% but I did whenever I could. My goal during this vacation was to stay the same, and I was very close to that. I got on the scale the next morning after coming home and only gained .2 lbs from last weight in when I left. Going to see my coach on Wed so hopefully in the next few days I can adjust back to 100% IP meals.

Also...I have enough posts and membership days to get my tracker!!! whoohoooo
Closed Thread