The "Experienced" thread continued again again...

You're on Page 1 of 34
Go to
  • It appears that the old "Experienced" thread far exceeded its limits & has been closed... so to all, but especially those of us who have been at this a while...

To visit the old thread, go to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ued-again.html...

hugs
  • Am I the only old-timer around today?.. I hope everybody in the usual group are out having a SUPER Sunday afternoon... too hot here for any outdoor activity... maybe I'll venture out to WallyWorld in a bit to stock up on salad ingredients & veggies, thank goodness for my car's air conditioner...

My new trainer at the gym has put me on a new diet that she's developed... so far, it looks like what I can only describe as part-way between IP Phase 2 & Phase 3... a little fruit added, but no other carbs... still high protein & high veggies... since last Tuesday, I've lost about 4 lbs., so it must be okay... her workouts are tough, but just what I've been needing... I'm really ready to have a waist again!..

hugs
  • Quote: Am I the only old-timer around today?.. I hope everybody in the usual group are out having a SUPER Sunday afternoon... too hot here for any outdoor activity... maybe I'll venture out to WallyWorld in a bit to stock up on salad ingredients & veggies, thank goodness for my car's air conditioner...

My new trainer at the gym has put me on a new diet that she's developed... so far, it looks like what I can only describe as part-way between IP Phase 2 & Phase 3... a little fruit added, but no other carbs... still high protein & high veggies... since last Tuesday, I've lost about 4 lbs., so it must be okay... her workouts are tough, but just what I've been needing... I'm really ready to have a waist again!..

hugs

Hi Aunt Sheshie...

I'm here. Thanks for starting up the new thread. I was wondering when the site was going to figure out we were way over the 500 post limit.
  • Hi All - I've decided to come of 'lurkerville' and join the discussion. I hope you don't mind my joining this thread. It just feels like a better fit than the 'newbie' forum. I started IP 2 months ago and I weigh 30 lbs less than I did on May 11 (20 on IP.) Yay! I LOVE this diet and I LOVE being a size 10 -- haven't been there for 40 years! Thank you all for your encouragement, wisdom & wit. You've helped more than you know.
  • I dunno if I count as an old timer anymore but I have put about 8 months into IP between before my pregnancy and now

I enjoy this thread because it's not the same questions over and over again because no one takes a moment to read the sticky's before asking their questions

Anyway I hope you all don't mind if I crash this thread from now on...even though I've only been kicking aroun for a couple months!
  • I'm crashing too! I have been on IP for almost 10 weeks, I can't believe it! I am so close to 20# and being more than 1/2 there. I have my WI tomorrow instead of Wed. because I have to be out of town and I am praying to hit the 140's. It is a short week for me so not sure if I will get it this week, but I snuck a look-sy at my scale and I am SOOOOOOO CLOOOOOOSE.
  • I'm crashing too. I've been at this for 5 months and loving the success. I've never lost weight on a diet like this before!
  • Quote: I'm crashing too. I've been at this for 5 months and loving the success. I've never lost weight on a diet like this before!
    Ditto!! But at 6 months!! LOL!!
  • Quote: I dunno if I count as an old timer anymore but I have put about 8 months into IP between before my pregnancy and now

I enjoy this thread because it's not the same questions over and over again because no one takes a moment to read the sticky's before asking their questions

Anyway I hope you all don't mind if I crash this thread from now on...even though I've only been kicking aroun for a couple months!
    Me too! Before I started IP I read all the Stickies (thanks for a lot of yours Jordana) and since then I have been reading Dr. Tran's book and going to his website. I am starting to feel like an "experienced" IPer!!

I do agree that a lot of people are posting without going back and reading the sticky's. Maybe since they are consolidated now people don't really see them as answering their questions.

Have a great evening everyone!
  • Quote: Am I the only old-timer around today?.. I hope everybody in the usual group are out having a SUPER Sunday afternoon... too hot here for any outdoor activity... maybe I'll venture out to WallyWorld in a bit to stock up on salad ingredients & veggies, thank goodness for my car's air conditioner...

hugs
    Congrats to you! I can not wait to have fruit and my greek yogurt, that is one of the reasons I never cheat. lol. Keep up the good work!
  • Thanks for starting the thread!
    I've been at 150 for 2 weeks now, I'm trying to maintain it while eating sensibly, and so far it's working. If I go over 151 I'm going to packet it for a day to get back down. Sounds like everyone is having great success this week.
    Pray for rain!

Can you give me some more info on the diet she put you on? I'm starting to worry about a minor upward trend on my scale... I could use some advice before I jump back on the big train.

Thanks for any input you have.

Chris
  • Quote: I've been at 150 for 2 weeks now, I'm trying to maintain it while eating sensibly, and so far it's working. If I go over 151 I'm going to packet it for a day to get back down.
    That sounds like a great plan!! I've been nervous just thinking about weaning off of the phases, but hearing from you makes me feel like I will be able to maintain when I get to goal too!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Auntie - thank you for starting the new thread.

I would be interested in knowing the diet too... but I have a few more months on phase 1, each week I am getting closer I am inching to my 90% and am trying to get as ready as I can for phase 2 and 3 and 4...

Hope everyone had a great weekend, I finally got most of my lawn done... battery kept dying on my mower... lawn I swear was just about 2 feet tall, from all the rain... and today rain and clouds all day... oh well suppose to be nice during the week while I am in the air conditioned office where I have to wear a sweater...
  • Quote: Thanks for starting the thread!
    I've been at 150 for 2 weeks now, I'm trying to maintain it while eating sensibly, and so far it's working. If I go over 151 I'm going to packet it for a day to get back down. Sounds like everyone is having great success this week.
    Pray for rain!
    i've been fluctuating between 145 and 147 ever since i started phase 2. it's getting annoying. my coach was out on thursday, so i met with the doctor and he said that i need t stay on phase 2 until i get to 140 so that when i go to phase 3 i'll have room to get back up to 145. the problem is that phase 2 isn't making me lose any weight. i'm going to see how it goes for the next couple of days and if i still don't lose anything i'll start doing phase 1 every other day, otherwise i'll just be stuck on phase 2 forever. i just want to be done so that i can start my exercise classes and get rid of this floppy belly, arm and thigh skin!