Old 08-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Brummie- on moving into phase 2!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #47  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Think I got it right~created the link to my progress photos.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I read that too, Pxlkitty4... in my case, I can sorta tell there's still some fat in my "bat-wings" but they're gradually tightening up, as is the rest of my stretched-out skin... I still have wrinkly skin here & there, but not as bad as I expected... anyway, if anybody wants to read what one guy has to say about it, go to The Myth of Loose Skin...

hugs
Thanks for the link! I started reading it, but have to get back to work, so I'll read it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Brummie- on moving into phase 2!
Thanks! I really enjoyed my tuna salad lunch today!
Congrats on getting to phase 3! The granola and yogurt sound soooo yummy! I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Think I got it right~created the link to my progress photos.
Wow! You look awesome! Congratulations (and I hope your ex feels like a steaming pile of cr*p when he sees your vavavooom!)
Old 08-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #49  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

I'm with Brummie, Hawndragon. He can eat his heart out! (pun intended) You look terrific. Way to go!!

And Capricious, congrats on phase 3. That first breakfast after phases 1 and 2 is the BEST!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #50  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
pxlkitty: I met a lady that had lost 160 lbs a few years ago (about 90lbs lost on IP), as you can imagine, she had quite a bit of loose skin when she phased out. I asked her how she toned up her skin and like you she mentioned pilates. she said that once she started it seemed slow, but once she had lost her first couple of inches she was suprised how quickly the loose skin tightened up. I hope this is true too!
I just got home from a 30-min pilates mat class. It kicked my butt, but hopefully it will help me lose my flabby butt! I'm doing reformer once each week (the equipment), and then will do matt class each week too... I certainly hope I see some toning soon!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #51  

Hi all. Sounds like I'm in the same boat as some of you. I hit maintenance and then I just slipped into my old habits. Not as bad as before, but it was going to head there. So Saturday I decided I'm not going to let it get farther and start Phase 1 again. So far so good. I'm not obsessing as much as I used to about it, I just know what needs to be done and know what to do, so pull up the straps, dust myself off, and get back to it. I will do the phases again but this time when it gets to maintenance I'll have to do it a lot different.

I'm excited that my sis joined and lost over 50 pounds and her hubby joined and has lost 30. Now my friend has her apt on friday to start.

Jordanna, it's finally nice to "meet" you. Were'nt you one of the stories on here who got pregnant using BC while on IP?
Old 08-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Hi all. Sounds like I'm in the same boat as some of you. I hit maintenance and then I just slipped into my old habits. Not as bad as before, but it was going to head there. So Saturday I decided I'm not going to let it get farther and start Phase 1 again. So far so good. I'm not obsessing as much as I used to about it, I just know what needs to be done and know what to do, so pull up the straps, dust myself off, and get back to it. I will do the phases again but this time when it gets to maintenance I'll have to do it a lot different.

I'm excited that my sis joined and lost over 50 pounds and her hubby joined and has lost 30. Now my friend has her apt on friday to start.

Jordanna, it's finally nice to "meet" you. Were'nt you one of the stories on here who got pregnant using BC while on IP?
Lol not pregnant on BC but my husband and I had tried to have kids for 5 years with no luck, 5 months on IP did the trick though

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawndragon View Post
Jordanna it is so good to see your face back in the chats! I want you to know you have been such an inspiration to me. When I started, I devoured all of the info you shared along with Carla's. You two rock and have made such a difference in my life. Thank you!!
Hawndragon, I think I'm taking inspiration from you rather than the other way around . But thank you for your kind words.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:04 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 211/179/141

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I read that too, Pxlkitty4... in my case, I can sorta tell there's still some fat in my "bat-wings" but they're gradually tightening up, as is the rest of my stretched-out skin... I still have wrinkly skin here & there, but not as bad as I expected... anyway, if anybody wants to read what one guy has to say about it, go to The Myth of Loose Skin...

hugs
I didn't think there would be any hope for mine. It's very nice to know that maybe there is. I really do not like my arms. ...and tonight I was laying on my back with my legs strait up and my knees are baggy. That was funny, the arms aren't. Thanks for the link.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:16 AM   #54  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Thanks for the link! I started reading it, but have to get back to work, so I'll read it later.

Thanks! I really enjoyed my tuna salad lunch today!
Congrats on getting to phase 3! The granola and yogurt sound soooo yummy! I can't wait!

Wow! You look awesome! Congratulations (and I hope your ex feels like a steaming pile of cr*p when he sees your vavavooom!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
I'm with Brummie, Hawndragon. He can eat his heart out! (pun intended) You look terrific. Way to go!!
Thank you all so much! Time for a new chapter in my life. It's all good. I choose not to be a bitter and resentful woman. There is so much more life to live and I move forward because "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"
Old 08-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

good morning all,
I have a blood pressure question for you... thus NOT posting this on the 'newbie thread'. I have been following the 'plan' for one year now... upon some routine blood work at the doc's office about 2 mths ago, i rx'd a letter in the mail from her, telling me I am missing iron in my blood, and named a supp that I was to go pick up, take each day for 6 mths and we will check the blood again. It so happens that I have my annual check up on the 19th of this month and I am glad, because last night, my head started to spin... after eating supper, (eat whites, and cucumbers)...not after any kind of exertion. by the time I got to bed, it was spinning so fast, I felt like i was on a carnival ride, or just drank a bottle of wine. It was scary. I slept for bout 2 hrs, got up slowly and took my pressure. 3x......... averaged out to be 95/63.... too low in my opinion. Same this morning...... did some research on the net and found this: Lack of nutrients in your diet. A lack of the vitamins B-12 and folate can cause anemia, a condition in which your body doesn't produce enough red blood cells, causing low blood pressure.
I am hoping against hope that because of the duration I have been following this plan WHICH btw I love !!! that it has not upset my bloodwork... I dont know if anyone else has experienced this, or is in the health field and can explain this? just thought I would throw this out there... having liver and spinach for supper for sure... have a great day everyone.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #56  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
good morning all,
I have a blood pressure question for you... thus NOT posting this on the 'newbie thread'. I have been following the 'plan' for one year now... upon some routine blood work at the doc's office about 2 mths ago, i rx'd a letter in the mail from her, telling me I am missing iron in my blood, and named a supp that I was to go pick up, take each day for 6 mths and we will check the blood again. It so happens that I have my annual check up on the 19th of this month and I am glad, because last night, my head started to spin... after eating supper, (eat whites, and cucumbers)...not after any kind of exertion. by the time I got to bed, it was spinning so fast, I felt like i was on a carnival ride, or just drank a bottle of wine. It was scary. I slept for bout 2 hrs, got up slowly and took my pressure. 3x......... averaged out to be 95/63.... too low in my opinion. Same this morning...... did some research on the net and found this: Lack of nutrients in your diet. A lack of the vitamins B-12 and folate can cause anemia, a condition in which your body doesn't produce enough red blood cells, causing low blood pressure.
I am hoping against hope that because of the duration I have been following this plan WHICH btw I love !!! that it has not upset my bloodwork... I dont know if anyone else has experienced this, or is in the health field and can explain this? just thought I would throw this out there... having liver and spinach for supper for sure... have a great day everyone.
the spinning has happened to me before, but it went away before too long. What protein are you eating before bed? okay for supper you JUST had egg whites and cucumbers? I don't think you are getting enough carbs or protein with that. I went to give blood last weekend and my iron was low as well, but that happens to me once in every 15 times... usually when I haven't been eating right. I think you need more veggies than the cucumbers. Spinach is good, I love liver but I don't make it as I buy it now and make doggie treats out of it... they would be crushed if I ate their liver.

I do know that my blood pressure has gone down since starting, but yours last night was way too low... good thing you see your doctor soon... sorry I don't really have any answers for you.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Maybe that is why I am tired and have no energy. I have low BP to begin with ( 90/60's), I have not had it checked since starting IP. hmmm
Old 08-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #58  

I was starting to get high blood pressure before I started IP last year... but after my weight loss it had dropped back to normal, 97/63... then a few weeks ago, I checked it with my dad's BP monitor (which he admitted is wrong a lot of the time) & it was back up... I'm hoping that was one of the times it was wrong, but I haven't had a chance to check it on a monitor I can trust... anyway, I didn't ever have light-headed feelings while it was lower, but that low is normal for me... please let us know how your bloodwork turns out... maybe we should all be adding liver!..

Weigh-in this afternoon with my trainer... I hope she's happy with the results... I hope I'm happy with them too!!!..

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 08-09-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Lots going on here. I had my WI early and did not get into the 140's as I hoped, but by next week for sure! I am getting ready to head out of town for work travel today and tomorrow. It will be challenging, but I have done it before, and I can do it again. I have already been scoping out the food options on line for the airports I will be in and out of. I have my packets packed and plan on staying OP during this trip. I even have my running shoes packed so I can go for a run tomorrow morning. Now, whether that will happen when the alarm goes off is another story...

While life on IP is definitely getting easier to manage, I still hate breaking the routine. I have a plan already mapped out for myself, and I will stick to it, but I am just kind of dreading it. Plus, flying ALWAYS makes me retain water for days and I feel so bloated. Not to mention that I do not have very good BM while I am away and that makes me feel big and bloated too. Bleh. I am just wishing I didn't have to go, but alas, duty calls and I must go.

Ok, enough wallowing. I definitely think that if you are not exercising, you should start. I have been exercising (for years) and since day 1 of IP and it has no doubt been the main contributor of my inches lost. And the more inches I lose, the "tighter" I become. I am not experiencing any sagging or lose skin, quite the opposite. I can finally see some muscle definition underneath the fat. I still have quite a ways to go in my mid-section, but my arms and legs are more toned than ever.

Here's to working my way to the 140's and being more than 1/2 way done with P1, and less than 20# from goal.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
the spinning has happened to me before, but it went away before too long. What protein are you eating before bed? okay for supper you JUST had egg whites and cucumbers? I don't think you are getting enough carbs or protein with that. I went to give blood last weekend and my iron was low as well, but that happens to me once in every 15 times... usually when I haven't been eating right. I think you need more veggies than the cucumbers. Spinach is good, I love liver but I don't make it as I buy it now and make doggie treats out of it... they would be crushed if I ate their liver.

I do know that my blood pressure has gone down since starting, but yours last night was way too low... good thing you see your doctor soon... sorry I don't really have any answers for you.
thanks for your reply. Well ths 'spinning ' episode lasted a good 2 hrs approx... i have sent you a private msg with more details, but it was about 1 c of egg whites and 1 whole egg thrown in and scrambled...total protein for the day was around 68 ish........ calories probably way too low @ 447
Closed Thread