Old 11-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 168/148.4/148

Height: 5'9"

During my 1st phase 1 stint I added moderate flow yoga (45-60 minutes) after 2 weeks.
During my recent 1.5 month reboot I continued my previous activity level (Monday-Friday 45 minutes of muscle exhaustion strength work - low weight/high reps & the weekends I would do 45-60 minutes of yoga). During my reboot I added an additional unrestricted packet which (IMHO) did not adversely affect my losses at all. I just couldn't cut out my daily workout & didn't want to quit my well established habit of working out early in the AM. Plus, I have to feed my love/hate relationship with Tracy Anderson, that tiny little exercise dictator
SkyeAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #62  
Fat melting NINJA:)

S/C/G: 141/130/115

Height: 5.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAvery View Post
During my 1st phase 1 stint I added moderate flow yoga (45-60 minutes) after 2 weeks.
During my recent 1.5 month reboot I continued my previous activity level (Monday-Friday 45 minutes of muscle exhaustion strength work - low weight/high reps & the weekends I would do 45-60 minutes of yoga). During my reboot I added an additional unrestricted packet which (IMHO) did not adversely affect my losses at all. I just couldn't cut out my daily workout & didn't want to quit my well established habit of working out early in the AM. Plus, I have to feed my love/hate relationship with Tracy Anderson, that tiny little exercise dictator
Ah Yes, high reps and low weights might be something that I will look into as well coz Heavy weight and low reps were kinda hard today!! But then i did go back after 4 weeks .(I usually do 12 rep, 3 sets and do supersets or circuit) I will figure this out eventually. Funny enough I am not feeling hungry today!!Thanks for sharing your routineSkyeAvery.

Last edited by Aria05; 11-13-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Aria05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:42 AM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
I wonder how much of the helpfulness exercise gives towards weight loss is directly related to the amount of weight we NEED to lose, and the individual basal metabolic rate.

I know that my weight loss can be fairly consistent with no exercise at all, just the diet; but I have so much energy that I feel antsy just sitting around. I've been active all my life (barring the last 5 ish years) so exercise is something that my body knows, and enjoys.

I have noticed that diet alone loses the weight, but it doesn't lose the inches. Exercise is changing my shape.

So, there are benefits to both sides - exercise or not exercise.

Exercise for me releases endorphins, doesn't make me hungrier - or, at least, not in a manner that I will act on now that hunger is just a sensation and not a driving need to shovel food into my mouth! - and it makes me happy because my day is kickstarted doing something I enjoy.
I missed this post!! But I cud not agree more!! I feel so tired when i don't exercise. And funny part is I was less hungry today after my "lift day" at the gym. Had to remind myself to eat extra proteins. I think i need to buy a heart rate monitor though!! I want to be sure I stay in the "fat burning zone" like u guys suggested.
Thanks again!!
Old 11-14-2014, 07:01 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
I wonder how much of the helpfulness exercise gives towards weight loss is directly related to the amount of weight we NEED to lose, and the individual basal metabolic rate.

I know that my weight loss can be fairly consistent with no exercise at all, just the diet; but I have so much energy that I feel antsy just sitting around. I've been active all my life (barring the last 5 ish years) so exercise is something that my body knows, and enjoys.

I have noticed that diet alone loses the weight, but it doesn't lose the inches. Exercise is changing my shape.

So, there are benefits to both sides - exercise or not exercise.

Exercise for me releases endorphins, doesn't make me hungrier - or, at least, not in a manner that I will act on now that hunger is just a sensation and not a driving need to shovel food into my mouth! - and it makes me happy because my day is kickstarted doing something I enjoy.

Agree esp with the individual BMR...age and size/stature impact of this as well to a very high degree. That is evident in the published charts. Your height is a critical factor in determining your BMI. Age doesn't impact that however like it impacts the BMR.

And I found inches melted once I got into regular exercise. At that point my weight loss was hovering about 2+ lbs a week. When it slowed to 1+ pounds...I was STILL rapidly changing sizes...like 2-3 weeks. (hello thrift stores).

Like many, I always struggled with staying true to long term exercise..(probably because no diet actually gave me the weight loss I needed) and easily admitted even until recently ..."I do not love exercise...I just do it...." Everyone does not get that endorphin rush. That makes sticking with it more difficult...esp if the diet is not working.

Well coming up on the 2 year mark with exercise and can actually say I like what it's done for me. And actually am starting to enjoy it. It is a process...and am glad I stuck with it and very proud and happy it is part of my routine now. And although I hate changing horses...can say it is not as much of a chore.....stopping short of "loving it"...but do like it these days .....At the point I am now...I have two gym memberships. A ladies gym (6 days a week) which is a blast...and now also go to a 24-7 gym 2-3 times a week on top of that with my hubby who retired over the summer.

It is a process. Don't give up on yourself...Don't be too hard on yourself...but don't be too easy either. You're the one driving the bus.

If you want to get there...you have to keep driving.If you don't get there...it will always be the driver's fault. Trust no one else to deliver you to the place you want to be. And I suggest you don't hand over the keys once you arrive!

Last edited by 65X65; 11-14-2014 at 07:04 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:16 AM   #65  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

I plan to get back to strength training in two weeks time. Three weeks is longest gap I will have in last 20 years of my going to GYM. I gained weight this year because of the injury and was unable to do the cardio.
rsach312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #66  

oops i did a booboo!! I just realized that i ate dat extra 1/2 quest bar!! So basically i ate 3 "IP" meals, Turkey dinner and that extra quest!! eeeks!! I was even tracking. Brain fog day i guess!! No wonder I was not hungry!!waaaa Iam hoping those xtra xtra 10g of proteins did not mess things up for me!!!
On a happier not, I woke up to a sore body!! Happy sore Taking a rest day today and will just walk a little. Then lift tomo again and run/yoga on Sunday. This will give me 2 days before my WI on tuesday to rest.

Last edited by Aria05; 11-14-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:34 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 214/209/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria05 View Post
Thanks Scorbett!! I did not know that restricted was mandatory!! My coach told me that it was optional and actually discouraged me to use it. grrr. well Iam going to eat my yummy quest bars from now on! Thank you!! You are awesome!!
My coach said the same thing, to avoid restricted items as long as possible...thanks for the info
amanda1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:41 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 202/168/160

Height: 5'8"

I began working out again on week five of P1. I had exercised regularly back in 2014 (weights and cardio). First 2 weeks I started out slow. Only 3 or 4 days. This week I have done cardio 3 days and after today will have done strength training 2 days. I can honestly say I feel great. While working out I don't feel dizzy or light headed. I do workout in the afternoons so I have usually consumed a couple packets and 2 meals by the time I workout.
I walk on the treadmill with some light jogging. Before I would never jog as the extra weight made it too hard. I have noticed a few twinges in my right knee. Any joggers out that please chime in and let me know if this is normal when beginning a running routine. I did notice that my breathing was a lot better after having lost 23 pounds.
I know the diet doesn't need exercise in order to work. For me exercise is about getting my blood pumping and toning.
I have had an extra packet a couple days this week if I felt the need. Right now I only have nonrestricted items. Next week I plan to get some bars. Thinking these will be good to have prior to strength training.
Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
rebelgrl87 is offline   Reply With Quote